The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The 2018 Winter Olympics

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The 2018 Winter Olympics is just a few days away!  This year, it takes place in the city of PyeongChang, South Korea.  Likely chosen for the location due to it being a mountainous region. (Which we all know is perfect for all of the winter sports taking place.)

Anyways, talk about the 2018 Winter Olympics here.

See ya later!

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Circus with our Russian team, IOC, politicans and other clown is still continuing. :/
That's a shame.

Anyway, I never watched Winter Olympic games for some reasons, so I'm fine. :D
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 04:49:56 AM by Sneak »
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'll probably take a look at some additional events in addition to ski jumping which is the only winter sport I watch regularly. It'll be exciting to see how those competitions go. :)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 09:49:53 AM by Sovereign »

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I hope to God North Korea behaves itself. I don't want a repeat of what happened when Russia hosted the Olympics last time.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Go Canada!!!

Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir are the flag bearers for my country.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Canada is destroying the competition. This may be their best winter games yet.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
US becomes the second country to win 100 gold medals. Norway leads with 121
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile
Vincent Zhou scores 84.53 points in the Men's Figure Skating Individual Short Program. Youngest American in the Olympics, and he's making a big name for himself! Go Team USA!!!
Suddenly, I've written so many fanfics that I can't possibly list them all! :P

Ducky x Petrie forever! :)petrie :duckyhappy

DiddyKF1

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
It's a Japan 1-2 in Men's Figure Skating. Yuzuru Hanyu is gold medalist again.

DiddyKF1

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I gotta give it to Nathan Chen. He may not have earned a medal, but his comeback was amazing!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 01:18:25 AM by DiddyKF1 »

DiddyKF1

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Women's hockey gold medal game goes into overtime for the second straight Winter Olympics! US and Canada tied 2-2 just as they were in Sochi.

Neither team scores in overtime, so it's going to a shootout.

TEAM USA WINS!  :D
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 03:13:14 AM by DiddyKF1 »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Us women win the gold in the 6th round of a shootout. its the second gold for the US women and the first since the inauguration of womens hockey in the Nagano games in 1998.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22 on Feb 22 2018, 11:19:26 AM
Us women win the gold in the 6th round of a shootout. its the second gold for the US women and the first since the inauguration of womens hockey in the Nagano games in 1998.
Aw, Canada was so close. They get silver at least though. Congrats to the American team.

Meanwhile I'm focusing on the Canadian men in Hockey as they take on Germany in the Semi-final of the tournament (Canada defeated Finland and Germany beat Sweden to advance)

DiddyKF1

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
USA Men's Curling team win their first ever gold medal!

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

DiddyKF1

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Hypno on Feb 24 2018, 09:20:55 PM
What the...!

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/02/ban-the-olympics/553250/
Um, ... okay, ... I, ... uh, ... honestly don't know what to say about this piece. I CAN say, though, that we don't need to ban the Olympics just because of the rumor that they cause political corruption.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
there is some truth to the fact that the Games cost a lot and that several countries made no plans for what to do with the event locations and Olympic villages after the games were over. the 2004 games in Greece as well as the 2008 Games in China are good examples of things being left to rot,.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: