The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Sonic The Hedgehog: Freedom Fighters RPG

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

Prolouge:

Möbius is under siege by Dr. Ivan Robotnik’s war machine. The doctor is determined to robotize (turn into machine) every living creature and place. From his spire in Robotropolis the evil Robotnik designs and unleashes new mechanical terrors from his army of Swatbots to weapons far too terrible to imagine. Meanwhile, the inhabitants of Knothole, the last bastion of freedom on Mobius, gather to fight back under the leadership of Princess Sally Acorn. These inhabitants of diverse animals have banded together to form a resistance against Dr. Robotnik, they are known as The Freedom Fighters!
—————————-
Taken Characters:

Shard The Hedgehog (Metal Sonic), and Dr. Ivan Robotnik -Gentle Sharptooth
——————————-
Available Characters:

Sonic The Hedgehog (Inclu. Super Sonic)
Shadow The Hedgehog
Silver The Hedgehog
Knuckles The Echidna
Tails “Miles” The Fox
Sally Acorn
Mecha Sonic
Silver Sonic II
Scourge The Hedgehog
Antoine D’Coolette
Bunny D’Coolette
Sir Geoffrey (Skunk)
Rogue The Bat
Amy The Hedgehog
Esio The Chameleon
Rotor The Walrus
Big The Cat
Cream The Rabbit

——————————-

Anyone can join. You will write your character guided only by prolouge of what’s happening in Mobius. The rest is up to you, but you are encouraged to draw from Archie Comics, Video Games, and TV Shows.

⚠️Example of how you play:

You write what your character is doing or says, and can interact with other players:

Player 1: “Sonic sped like blue blur through woodland of Knothole, he stopped at a cliff and surveyed the forest with its gnarly oaks which stopped a silver and grey metallic metropolis full of skyscrapers. Flying above the cold city were ships that caste a res d light on the surface, these Sonic knew were searching for threats and organic life to transform into robots (robotsize).”

Player 1: Sonic: Sally please! I need to prove I can lead this mission.
Player 2: Reaponds, Sally: No. You have proven to be too hot headed in the past. Antoine will lead this mission.

———————-

If characters like Sonic and Sally are not chosen, I the GM (Game Master) will write for them tell someone takes over. I will also assume role of Dr. Ivan Robotnik until futther notice.

——————-

You may suggest further characters to add from the Archie Comics, Video Games, TV Shows and more. I am still adding more characters to play.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 04:13:48 PM by Gentle Sharptooth »

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Name: Shard The Hedgehog
Species: Robot
Eye Color: Emerald and Red
Hair/Spine Color: Black and Brass
Height: 5’11”
Weight: 150 lbs est.
Special Powers:
Spin Dash
Chaos Blast
Weaknesses:
Ego and Boasting
Hot Headedness 
Bio or Backstory:
Shard was the original Metal Sonic, a machine clone of Sonic designed to accomplish one thing, exterminate Sonic. Metal was recreated thrice by Dr. Robotnik, and on his third lifecycle Metal had via his more robust programming, developed a self awarness and conscious. In the end the archenemy of Sonic sacrificed himself to save Sonic and Tails, causing Metal to be submerged in lava. Sonic realized Metal was no longer a threat and with the help Charles The Hedgehog, Metal Sonic’s cortex and memory was retrieved from the lava, and his new form Shard The Hedgehog was brought online. Shard remembers his former days as Metal Sonic and the harm he caused the Freedom Fighters. Shard seeks to atone for his past crimes by becoming a Freedom Fighter. Shard is proof redemption exists, and that not all robots are the enemy.     

« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 06:38:03 PM by Gentle Sharptooth »

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
“Reborn Part I”

A large tank full of green fluid and cords of electro power latched on to a figure inside the tank. A Hedgehog with blue spines and mistache pf grey went to a console and began to type keys. Another Blue Hedgehog entered the labatory. This hedgehog had green eyes and was far younger than the other.

Sonic: Uncle Chuck.. how is he?

The mustache Hedgehog continued to type on a datapad, seeming at first to ignore Sonic. Then he paused.

Charles: He is almost ready to be activated. His memory is intact, the cortex is retrofitted with a chaos Emerald to power his systems. 

Sonic: I see his left arm has a canon now.

Charles: Yes, the old one could not be salvaged.

Sonic: Sally is unsure about this, she thinks its a bad idea, especially with rest of Freedom Fighters and their robo prejudices. 

Charles: He saved Tails and your life. 

Sonic: Yes. Tails is thrilled, but it will take time to convince everyone else.

Charles: Atonement.

Sonic: What? What is that?

Charles: It means to make up for your mistakes through subsequent acts of heroism and valor.

Sonic walked up to tank and placed his hand om it.

Charles: Metal.. I hope you prove everyone wrong. I know you are good, I have faith in you.

Charles: Final analysis complete, he’s coming online.

Inside the tank, the choas emerald diamond lite up green and two emerald eyes appeared. The tank began to drain of fluid and the robot’s body could be seen to shine obsidian with brass stripes. The black power cords broke off its body with thunder and smoke. The Metal Sonic turned and looking at Somic his eyes turned red and he pointed his canon arm at him.

Sonic: Uh Uncle Chuck what is he doing..

Charles: Locking on to a target.

Sonic: Can you please uh..shut him off!

Charles: I have no control, he is self aware.

Sonic: Metal.. its me! Sonic. You saves me, remeber?!

Charles: Primary Target.. Order 054, eliminate!

Sonic: Metal!

*Canon fires*

Too Be Comtinued Soon
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 06:43:10 PM by Gentle Sharptooth »

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
“Reborn Part II”

*Canon Fires*

The bolt of green energy zoomed past Somic’s head, burning a hole in the wall. Metal Sonic approached his target and reached with his right hand. His metal claw tipped finger wrapped around Sonic’s shoulder.

Sonic: Metal.. please!

Suddenly a lowed echo of chuckle came from Metal, and them the titanium hedgehog squeezed Sonic against his emerald chest as he laughed.

Metal: Hahahahaha!

Sonic: what is going on?!

Metal: I had you.. I got you so good!

Charles: Sense of humor intact, analyzing.

Sonic: You mean you were teasing?!

Metal: Hahaha, your face when I said “elimnate”

Sonic: It’s not funny! Let go!

Sonic stepped back and gave a look of disapproval.

Metal: Sorry bro.. it was just a funny.

Charles scanned Metal with a prob and datapad.

Charles: He seems to be exhibiting behavior of a child adolescent.

Sonic: What so you mean?

Charles: It appears he’s memory unit is reverting to his old programming, which explains why he is reverting to jokes.

Sonic: English Doctor! English!

Charles: He is imitating a younger you, from the first encounters to his last. He maturity rate is lower than I anticpated, but perhaps by watching you he will progress more quickly. 

Sonic: Great.. I have to play big brother..

Metal: Brother!

Sonic: No more hugs! My back is still throbbing.

Charles: Curious, I knew his imprint relay was strong, it allowed him to outmaneuver you as your enemy, but now with power of the Chaos emerald, I am seeing signs of..

Sonic: Signs of what?

Charles: Emotion.. genuine emotional equivalence.   

Sonic: He can feel?!

Charles: Yes. This must have been Dr. Robotnik’s plan for V.3.1, to allow him to learn how to socialize and infiltrate. But this is far more systematic, in fact, its advanced.

Sonic: So he’s a genius who acts like a kid.. great combo doc.

Metal: Brother..

Sonic: What now?

Metal: Did I do something wrong?

Sonic: Oh..

Geoffrey: Like I said, he’s a full fledge cyborg, he not only heard what we’ve said, but feels too.

Sonic: Sorry Metal.. I was use to your old self, you weren’t exactly known for your feelings.

Metal: That’s ok Bro.

Sonic: What now Doc?

Geoffrey: I suggest you introduce him to the others.

Sonic: Uh.. that might not go over well with more than a few.

Geoffrey: It is up to you, but prolonging the invitable will only make it harder when the time comes.

Too Be Continued 

« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 06:45:05 PM by Gentle Sharptooth »

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
“Operation Shard”

Sonic exited the lab and found Sally Acorn. Her chestnut hair swooped over he neck as she held a unique datapad that was responding to her commands berbally. Sonic approached Sally who was deeply focused at the task at hand.

Nicole: Marks 2 and 5 are active. Grif and Ian have engaged Swatbots. Shots fired, no casualties your highness.

Sally: Copy that. Tell Grif to secure the parameter and report back.

Nicole: Acknowledged. 

Sally closed Nicole and turned to Sonic. 

Sally: How long have you been lurking there?

Sonic: Not long princess.

Sally: So formal.. no Main Squeeze or attempt to hold my hand? Off your game today arn’t you.

Sonic: Heh, I guess.

Sally: You look troubled. And when you are troubled I become bery anxious.

Sonic: Uncle Chuck has completed his work.

Sally: He’s alive?

Sonic: Yes, and smart.

Sally: Is he dangerious?

Sonic: I wish he were.

Sally: What do you mean?

Sonic: He’s tame, worse he looks up to me like Tails.

Sally: I see. That means..

Sonic: Yep.

Sally: Well.. I told you my reservations. But I understood your reasons for saving him.

Sonic: My concern is the rest of the community will not respond well. He sid try to exterminate them.

Sally: Hmm.. I have been giving this some thought. Nicole, bring up file 2303.

Nicole: Yes your highness.

Sally: Do you remember when Geoffrey St. John became a spy and infiltrated Botnik’s refinery and discovered the parts for Super Swatbots?

Sonic: Yeah..

Sally: He used the alias Wrachett. Which gave me an idea for Metal, what if we keep his identity secret and let him earn his place as Freedom Fighter, then when the others learn about his true identity, everyone will already know he is an ally.

Sonic: It’s a sound plan Sal. I just worry.. its risky.

Sally: I know the risks, and its my call as Commander. So I am responsible.

Sonic: As am I, this was all my idea.

Too Be Continued...

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
“Jack of All Trades”

Sally and Sonic entered the lab, finding Charles inspecting Metal Sonic’s emerald shard. Charles taking notice of Sally adressed her.

Charles: Princess. 

Sally: Hello Uncle Charles, I see our friend is awake.

Metal examined Sally, his computing system catching subtle cues in her speech, and he noticed Sonic looking at Sally. His algorithms began to spin and he spoke.

Metal: Princess..

Sally: Hello

Metal: You are pretty.

Sally: Haha, why thank you.

Charles: Facinating..

Sonic: He’s putting the moves on Sal!

Metal: Moves.. I got em!

Metal ignited his engine and swooped up and landed making whistling sounds.

Sonic: Cut it out!

Sally: Hahaha, it reminds me.. of you! Hahaha

Sonic: Metal!

Metal: Brother!

Sally: Well I’m convinced my decision is correct. What name shall we give him?

Charles: Well he is powered by the Chaoa Shard.

Metal: Sha-rd, Shard!

Sally: He seems to like it. But he’ll need something more common when he’s introduced to thd troops.

Charles: His proficiencies are across the board, from psychology to combat.

Sally: A Jack of All Trades.. that’s it! Jack!

Sonic: Jack?

Shard: Jack, reporting for duty.

Shard saluted.

Sally: He’s perfect!

Sonic: Won over with a salute. Hmpf

Sally: You never salute.

Sonic: And I’m not starting now.

Sally: Let’s introduce him to the rest of the gang.

Too Be Comtinued...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
A roleplaying game, involves people controlling characters and reacting to what others posts. this is more a fanfiction than a roleplay imo.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
if you want to do a roleplay, then first you need to put up a discussion thread then spread around the characters so you arent playing all the main ones.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
if you want to do a roleplay, then first you need to put up a discussion thread then spread around the characters so you arent playing all the main ones.

K. I am only playing main characters cuz there is no one who has yet claimed those characters; in order to develop my character Shard (Metal Sonic) I needed him to interact with certain characters like Sonic. 

If you prefer it can be moved to the Fan Fict section, but I had hoped some others would choose characters and take over those characters.

I am simply working on my character Shard. I needed Sonic, Charles (who in the comics creates him), and Sally. I do not intend to be them but for temporary period, if anyone wants to be Sonic, Charles (Uncle Chuck), or Sally; I would gladly hand them over to a member of the forum who wants to be them.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
interaction isnty just oneliners   like " i think you're cute' you have to describe the room they are in, the colors of their clothes, perhaps have a clock ticking away on the wall. things like that. creates an mental image of the scene, normally you wait to start a story until after other people sign up , and pick out chars to play. you need 3, likely 4 others to sign up first.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
interaction isnty just oneliners   like " i think you're cute' you have to describe the room they are in, the colors of their clothes, perhaps have a clock ticking away on the wall. things like that. creates an mental image of the scene, normally you wait to start a story until after other people sign up , and pick out chars to play. you need 3, likely 4 others to sign up first.

Oh I did not know that. Well, I see there’s little interest. Can You move it to a fan fic?

The style I am writing in is Screen Writers type, as seen in the “Star Wars Dooku: Jedi Lost,” and The Old English Star Wars Book Series.

It makes fixing dialouge easier and I can go back and add the details of what everything looked like later.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 02:02:55 PM by Gentle Sharptooth »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
you dont know that. a new roleplay on here just might attract a few posters, and goodness knows this section needs more rpers. i've been rping on here since 2004, and have been running this section for nearly that long. i think theres quite a bit of potential in your story, and i would be happy to play as some characters, as stated before. the trick is however you cant really  roleplay using ' movie script ' setup
 Enter sonic
 Sonic takes a seat in a chair, starts to eat an apple
 Amy walks in wearing a new outfit.

a roleplay post looks more like :
 Exhausted from his latest fight with eggman and his robots, Sonic collapsed into a chair with a heavy sigh and reached for amn apple. as he took a bite , the door opened and Amy strolled in. the pink hedgehog had recently bought a new dres and was hoping that sonic would like, or at least, comment on it.
 See how the second is more descriptive?

Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I hope you sre right. This is the first RP I am not main character like Sonic or Shadow. I wanted Shard, because Metal Sonic was my favorite antagonist turned ally.

I see that’s more descriptive, I intend to go back and add more description to the scenes, bit I need the dialouge to set up what’s happening.

Screen Writing format is becoming a new writing form, and this new gen likes it because you can track what is said between characters:

Charles: Shard, you are a threat to many Mobians. So many are stuck in their robotic prejudices. You respeesent change, and change frightens them.

Shard: Yes Uncle. I understand.

Charles: Give them time to see you are more than bolts and brawn.

Even in schools this style is becoming popular, and bondfids option for students  to use. It’s alao calles Playwrite format, Shakespeare described little of a scene, and yet his characters like Hamlet conveyed more through dialouge than description, “to be or not to be, that is the question.” 
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 02:51:50 PM by Gentle Sharptooth »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
the thing will rolep[laying is that there is more give and take. this whole thread section will be moved to discussion once the roleplay starts. You dont want to have a whole bunch of characters,because a conservation between them doesnt leave room for other posteres to latch on. its almost a monologue really. and if a rp is to be successful, you have to have dedication, and stamina. for instance I started the current insane cafe chapter all the way back in 2011. yes its been NINE years and still going. why has it lsasted so longg, because the rpers enjoy it and theres plenty of action.
 With sonic, my advice is to play as a few chars at first, just to get them covered. you also need to get people committed to the story before starting it. otherwise,  you're putting the cart before the horse. you need to get posters locked in, before you start.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
@Nick22 Understood and thanks for the advice! :)