The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Drawings by RainbowFaceProtege :)

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
No time like the present to kick off my drawing thread! I'm just gonna warn you now that I don't really have any consistent art style...like, at all.  :facepalm
With that out of the way, here's my top two LBT characters drawn with ArtRage!

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh now this is really cool! I like the silhouette of the rainbow faces as they look at the stone fly by. Great job!  :chompysmile
Nothing wrong with having an inconsistent art style as it's always good to experiment with different things.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I like the composition/silhouette look of this pic. I know it's due to there not being any lighting in frame, but the shadows still convey the message as the rainbowfaces' eyes glow upon seeing the meteor. Nice one!
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Great job. Poor Compys. :D

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh now this is really cool! I like the silhouette of the rainbow faces as they look at the stone fly by. Great job!  :chompysmile
Nothing wrong with having an inconsistent art style as it's always good to experiment with different things.

Thank you, guess that is one way to look at it! :)petrie

I like the composition/silhouette look of this pic. I know it's due to there not being any lighting in frame, but the shadows still convey the message as the rainbowfaces' eyes glow upon seeing the meteor. Nice one!

Thanks! :)littlefoot I actually had the Rainbow Faces in full color initially, but then I decided I wanted the silhouette look (and having them in full light wouldn't have made much sense at night). So I put a shadow layer over them with just a bit of color coming through the edges.

Thank you @Sneak  :^^spike
@Gentle Sharptooth Haha!! I wasn't intending it to be THAT meteor.  :PCera

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
@RainbowFaceProtege If its the Rainbowfaces, I think they’re safe. ;)

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
True, I think we can be confident these two are more than capable of circumventing extinction. ;)Cera

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
True, I think we can be confident these two are more than capable of circumventing extinction. ;)Cera

Indeed, they have powers that defy exstinction. I wonder if they can do a Thanos finger snap and reverse the great asteroid of doom.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Indeed, they have powers that defy exstinction. I wonder if they can do a Thanos finger snap and reverse the great asteroid of doom.

Impossible to say...That would be telling, wouldn't it? :lol

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

Impossible to say...That would be telling, wouldn't it? :lol

Indeed.. but I will discover the Secret. :lol

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
This drawing sure is mystifying, RainbowFaceProtege. The rainbowfaces themselves are presented to the Gang as widely unknown, ominous beings with outer world knowledge which they refuse to tell them about. So to mostly mask their appearance and facial expressions as they look up at the shooting star in the atmosphere was perfect. They’re probably contemplating hard like Ruby is I imagine.
:thinking

"That would be telling, isn’t it?"

Not gonna lie, that grinds my gears the more and more I see or hear that quote. :p

But good job on the drawing! I like the simplicity of the background. Vast, empty, and majorly unexplored, something which reflects the thirst for knowledge that humanity desperately desires.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Now that drawing is very mysterious, but amazing stuff. It almost looks like they're bored to see the stone. :P

Rainbowfaces: Here we go again... :rainbowwave

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This drawing sure is mystifying, RainbowFaceProtege. The rainbowfaces themselves are presented to the Gang as widely unknown, ominous beings with outer world knowledge which they refuse to tell them about. So to mostly mask their appearance and facial expressions as they look up at the shooting star in the atmosphere was perfect. They’re probably contemplating hard like Ruby is I imagine.
:thinking

"That would be telling, isn’t it?"

Not gonna lie, that grinds my gears the more and more I see or hear that quote. :p

But good job on the drawing! I like the simplicity of the background. Vast, empty, and majorly unexplored, something which reflects the thirst for knowledge that humanity desperately desires.

Man, thanks for all the feedback! :)littlefoot I'd say I achieved the mood I was looking for with this picture, which I'm happy about. :smile

Heh heh, I'll keep that quote to a minimum... Thanks to these characters, it was one of my favorite lines in childhood. :p

Now that drawing is very mysterious, but amazing stuff. It almost looks like they're bored to see the stone. :P

Rainbowfaces: Here we go again... :rainbowwave
Glad you like it! :chompysmile And I suppose that's possible, haha...they must see this kind of stuff a lot!

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Okay, here's a quick, goofy one. Guido wants to give Petrie a (literal) boost of confidence...buuuut...  :lol

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Poor Guido!  :bestsharptooth I love the expressions and general premise of this drawing. The bright colors when combined to Petrie's confidence, Guido's over-exertion, and the sardonic text below leads to a very humorous result. Nicely done, RainbowFaceProtege!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 03:33:52 PM by rhombus »

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Petrie and Guido are a great duo! Guido's face of regret, the bold font and the warm colors are befitting a motivational poster. Also, Petrie's pose as he likely pretends to be Pterano reminds me very much of this pic by @Flathead770 :)petrie

Great picture! It's probably one of those "moments before disaster" images given that the quivering Guido look like he can take no more. :rainbowwave
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Nice color choice for the backdrop of the poster, which mends together really nicely with Petrie’s bold and brash attitude. :p

Poor Guido though! He’s trying really hard to keep the facade of his friend going, but it’s going to crash and burn soon unfortunately. :(

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
And this is how Guido became the official servant to Petrie. He never spend a free day after this tragedy. Color choice for this was a very fitting one, giving Petrie a self-assured composition alongside his triumphant pose like he just achieved something great - carried by Guido. :p

Now, why would Guido do this for him? Their friendship is a rather unique one from the moment they first met each other. And we all know that Petrie is far too nice to push Guido into this... or is he? :opetrie Nice job with the drawing.