The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Drawings by RainbowFaceProtege :)

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I can do Scooby-Do voice saying Shaggy or Raggy! :D

Haha, cool! My mom would always imitate him laughing: "Ree-hee-hee-hee!" :lol

Hahaha, I miss the old cartoons.

But I’ll return to your topic. :)

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I like the bluish-purplish color scheme! Everyone does seem ethereal for sure!
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
@Gentle Sharptooth Well, don't be shy about DMing me if you ever feel like reminiscing about Scoob. ;)Cera
@OwlsCantRead Thank you, my love of night sky backgrounds resurfaced! :Mo

Anyway, here's something I did months ago but somehow forgot to post. I can't believe I missed this one, because it's rare that I draw something with only Copic markers like this and it actually ends up decent-looking! So yeah, here's the GoF's girls hanging out together. Am I the only one who thinks more interaction between Ducky and Cera in LBT could lead to some pretty fun scenes? :lol
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 11:31:29 PM by RainbowFaceProtege »

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
@Gentle Sharptooth Well, don't be shy about DMing me if you ever feel like reminiscing about Scoob. ;)Cera
@OwlsCantRead Thank you, my love of night sky backgrounds resurfaced! :Mo

Anyway, here's something I did months ago but somehow forgot to post. I can't believe I missed this one, because it's rare that I draw something with only Copic markers like this and it actually ends up decent-looking! So yeah, here's the GoF's girls hanging out together. Am I the only one who thinks more interaction between Ducky and Cera in LBT could lead to some pretty fun scenes? :lol

I might have to take you up on tht. :)

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
I love this! It looks like something out of a story book and I dig it!  :DD and I’m so jealous that you have Copics, I want some so bad but I’m too poor :cry
"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
That's so cool! Cera is not having a fun time by the looks of it :p Never used markers before for colouring but it looks like you did a good job with it!  :chompysmile

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
 :lol :lol :lol :lol

we all know Ceaa loves beautyful flowers. XD

Awesome drawing.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh my! I am way behind on replying here, haha. Lovely job on the crossover part. The background definitely adds a lot to the piece. I really like the upside-down idea! :D

Cera and Ducky, haha! Cera has the exact face my cat used to make when you tried to do anything "fun" :P Liking the butterfly touch too. Great job!

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, Cera and Ducky are polar opposites at times, especially in their facial expressions! I agree with Jassy that it seems like a storybook illustration, nice job! :)
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
This is adorable! Cera's reaction is just perfect!  x(cera Really like the style witb how you drew the flowers and the characters!  :chompysmile

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks to you all! :)littlefoot The facial expressions (as most of you guys have commented on) were the most fun part of this picture for sure!  :lol The picture does have a storybook look to it...I might have to try stuff with these markers more often. :DD

@jassy Copics are great, but I've found that a quality set of colored pencils can result in a drawing that looks just as good. In fact, pencils are still easier for me to use than Copics. The best part about Copics for me is just how much quicker they make the coloring process. Other than that, I still tend to revert to pencils.

@Mumbling It's the Grumpy Cat face!!! :lol

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I've discovered (really late) that today apparently is Dinosaur Day, so I guess that's a suitable occasion to post some new art! Have a page full of chibis! :OhYou

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's all about the eyes (and the tiny bodies lol) for chibis! Nice job! They look phenomenal. :Mo

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Haha these all look nice and cute. I love how the male Rainbow Face is looking away and whistling. Nice job with these!

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
Ahhh these are so cute!! Nice job!  :Mo
"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks for your comments, guys, drawing these was a lot of fun! :chompysmile
@OwlsCantRead Somehow those tiny bodies were the hardest part, which I hadn't seen coming at all. I just kept forgetting to keep them consistently tiny. (Just compare Tippy's body to Ruby and you'll see what I mean!) Oh well, I'm glad to hear these turned out good despite my troubles. :p
@Flathead770 Nice spotting that detail. :lol I have the feeling he's been "telling" again...

Anyway, here's something a little different for today. I actually drew this as part of an art challenge called MerMay, where every day in May has a different word as a prompt, and you draw something mermaid-themed based on the word. As I'm about to demonstrate, "mermaid-themed" can be interpreted very loosely. :p Plenty of people draw mermaids with more fish characteristics to them than human characteristics. (Some even have no human characteristics whatsoever; I've seen drawings of seals with dog heads!) So I figured I'd eventually be able to get a character from the "Big Water" song's sea-creature Gang of Five into my artwork for this challenge. Today was my lucky day: the prompt was "crustacean," and crab-clawed Ducky was close enough for me! :DD

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Haha, I like Ducky's lips. She doesn't seem too happy, though.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Haha, I like Ducky's lips. She doesn't seem too happy, though.

Yeah, this face was honestly kind of hard. I didn't want her to look quite as...um, zombie-faced as she did in the scene I was referencing from. So I tried to put my own take on her facial expression, but even though I managed to stop her from looking so glassy-eyed, I also was having a hard time drawing a smiling mouth for her that didn't look odd. The result is the nervous-looking Ducky fish you see here. Maybe there's a swimming sharptooth coming? :p

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Haha this is great! I guess Ducky is now part of the strangerous crew!  :PCera