The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous (Netflix)

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

The Netflix Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous features kids trapped on Isla Nublar during the events of the Indominus Rex incident in JW and after.

So far there are two seasons, with season three on its way May 21st 2021!

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jurassic-world-camp-cretaceous-cracks-182121403.html

« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 01:06:51 AM by Gentle Sharptooth »

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
New Season at the end of the momth! Dino mite!

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Just finished watching Season 3. It was the best yet!

For JP (1993)fans there are major easter eggs, one that will make you awestruck.

My only gripe is they should have made the cliffhanger the chopper scene.

There is huge tie in to Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. 

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
The animation, action, tension, and dinos are amazing. Honestly this series captured the spirit and thrills of the Original Jurassic Park better than the latest films.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I'll have to check it out. The premise reminds me of Jurassic Park Dino Battles, a game that came with a frame narrative where you arrive on Site B to rescue a group of junior adventurers who mistakely sailed there and have gone missing. Each kid you rescue joins the "party" and becomes a recurring voice during cutscenes (your character has no identity or is ever seen on-screen), so it had that same feel to it.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 02:28:41 PM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
I checked out Camp Cretaceous a few months ago and really enjoyed it! Season 4 is coming out on December 3rd, and I'm super looking forward to it! Here's the trailer for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDLKclq8gkQ

Looks like a lot's gonna happen. I'll watch it next weekend and leave my thoughts. :)

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Mosy always sticking her nose in everyone’s business. :D

I love this series, it feels more like Jurassic then the JW!

@somerandomfangirl

Who is your favorite of the cast?

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Ooh, it's probably Ben for me.

Spoiler: ShowHide
Speaking of, I'm gonna miss Bumpy...  :lfsadface

But hey, one more day!

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Darius is my favorite, followed by Ben and Brooklynn.

I think from what we saw in trailer of Season 4, Mosasaur will shipwreck them, forcing them back onto Isla Nublar. So I reckon we will see Bumpy again. However, this series will have to end at the eruption of the Volcano in Fallen Kingdom. It was neat in Season 3 we saw the InGen crew hetting the Indominus bone, so I can see Season 5 or 6 having Darius, Ben, Jasmin, and etc get off the island when The Fallen Kingdom crews come to exstract the dinos.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Just watched all of Season 4!

Favorite moments:

WARNING! Major Spoilers!

My boy Spino! I knew Camp Cretaceous Spino toy they released earlier in the year was an omen that the Sail King would return!

Spino is my favorote super-predator. I like him more than Rexy. He is fiercer predator. I hate fans whined and pressured to put Spino on a backburner over Jurassic Park III.

The Return of Dilphosaurus!

Kenji and Brooklyn! Kenjilyn or Brookji!

Desert and Snow climates.

Mosasaur

Firecracker, Angel, and Rebel are ao cute!

Bumpy Cameo!

What I was not fond of:

Robo Dinos, Brad X Model
I didn’t mind Brads, the dog robots, but Brad X looked like Reptar from Rugrats In paris.

I didn’t like drones that neautralized any threat or terror; took away suspense.

The cargo / med bay chase with Cerataurus was too similar to the one in Season One with Toro the Carnotaurus.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 02:12:25 AM by Gentle Sharptooth »

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile
So I finally got around to watch this show and.....oh boy. x(cera I hated it. Look if you like this show that's great but personally I just can't. Most of the characters are really annoying stereotypes, they manage to survive impossible situations, the writing is really bad, and the worst part for me is it's canon to the franchise. Thanks a lot Trevorrow. I honestly can't decide if it's just as bad or worse than Fallen Kingdom. It had a lot of potential but they messed it up really bad for me. I think it would have been a little better if it wasn't a kids show.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 11:19:20 PM by LittleDas75 »

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
So I finally got around to watch this show and.....oh boy. x(cera I hated it. Look if you like this show that's great but personally I just can't. Most of the characters are really annoying stereotypes, they manage to survive impossible situations, the writing is really bad, and the worst part for me is it's canon to the franchise. Thanks a lot Trevorrow. I honestly can't decide if it's just as bad or worse than Fallen Kingdom. It had a lot of potential but they messed it up really bad for me. I think it would have been a little better if it wasn't a kids show.

How many episodes did you watch? Yes they start our as stereotypes but evolve into complex characters over the course of four seasons.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile
I watched all of season 1-3 and I haven't finished season 4 yet.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
That's fair enough. The extreme stereotypes for each main character annoyed me too and I found it hard to get into at the beginning because of it. Actually, a lot of the building up of the actual camp didn't interest me that much, but I got more engaged when the Indominus showed up to wreak havoc. And yeah, there was a lot of predictable stuff and plot armour but I guess it is a kid's show so we can't go killing off the main characters. Some of the side characters got some pretty cool deaths, though. The dinosaur action was pretty great throughout I think. I think my favourite moment of the show was the Baryonyx getting their sweet revenge.

Well I binged all of season 4 the day it came out, but after it I didn't feel too inspired to write much about it. It was a... weird one, to say the least. It had good bits and not-so-good bits, but overall I'd say it's the worst season so far.

So we're leaving Isla Nublar, but that pesky Mosasaurus isn't letting the main cast get home and so they (and a random Compy haha) find themselves on a strange new island that isn't Sorna.

The sabre-tooth tiger was an interesting addition, but I think we should have seen more prehistoric creatures from that era if they're going to do that. Where are the woolly mammoths, and why not put them in the ice biome (which btw is so desolate)?

I didn't think I'd ever describe a T-Rex as 'cute', but with the pair on this island, I stand corrected.

Honestly, I'm glad they spent some time with Yaz and her struggles. Being stuck on an island for six months with no responsible adults and a bunch of vicious dinosaurs is certainly more than enough to give anyone PTSD and they showcased it really well. There was a stake with whether they should help the dinosaurs or whether they get themselves back home so they can get their physical and mental health finally seen to. It's noble that they chose the dinosaurs over themselves but they didn't skip over the consequences of that decision which was nice to see. But with so much focus on Yaz, it seems to put aside any other character development.

Dr Turner is cool but... "You're unbearably naive." I kid, she's a great addition and it was fun to see her interacting with Darius the Dino-Nerd. Looks like she has her own version of Bumpy in Piers.

So it's interesting to see that Mantah Corp is back and in the spotlight, using the spy stuff to create dinosaurs as well as new hybrids. But I'm not a fan of the wacky technology stuff. This sci-fi series is cool enough without adding a load of technology into it, and in a way it kinda put me off because it takes away from the dinosaurs. It's not just the BRADs, it's also the way they can now 'talk' to the dinosaurs. I just don't think it was needed and it's a bit too out there (and yes I am aware this is a series about bringing dinosaurs back from extinction using mosquitoes). The BRAD-X models were just super goofy. If they had stuck to just the original BRADs, then... yeah fair enough, but the new models were a bit too far for me.

Not a fan of the Brooklyn/Kenji romance thing. It seemed to come a bit out of nowhere. I thought Brooklyn and Darius had more chemistry and Kenji is quite a bit older than Brooklyn which I know rubbed a few people the wrong way...

Kash is... not well written to be honest. He's supposedly created all of this rather impressive tech to look after the island on his own but he's also a complete manchild who spends most of his time throwing tantrums and playing video games. He's really annoying.

I love the Spino getting some action but... it so wasn't enough.

The Bumpy cameo got me in the feels, man.

So Kash wants to chip baby dinos to get them under his control and the kids go to stop him. Angel and Rebel are pretty cute. Ben struggled to connect with Littlefoot Firecacker after having to leave Bumpy and... honestly? The fact that Ben got 'punished' for this with Firecracker getting chipped in the head and going through needless mental pain felt kinda manipulative. It's okay to have reservations about making new connections because you know it's not going to last but this show seems like it's trying to give the message that no, you have to be friends or someone's gonna get hurt.

There was a lot of mean-spirited-ness towards the dinosaurs throughout this season which rubbed me the wrong way too. Forcing the two T-Rex to fight each other when they could have been a threat to the main cast, forcing the T-Rex and Piers to fight, the scene with Firecracker, one of the BRADs just casually killing the stowaway Compy... People watch Jurassic because they love dinosaurs. Watching them both chasing people and bonding with them is fun to watch. But I suppose now the dinosaurs can't be a threat to the humans because convenient drones, so are forced to be a threat to each other if we're gonna get some action. And I don't know how to feel about that.

I agree with GS that the Ceratosaurus scene was too similar to the one with Carnotaurus.

DILOPHOSAURUS! The scene with them was awesome. So good to see them return!

That ending though... I knew Kenji's dad was going to have a part to play at some point with the way they kept mentioning him, so I'm eager to see what he's going to do.

All in all... meh. Strong beginning, strong ending, but everything in between was just either okay or bad, with a couple of gems here and there. With all the robots and stuff it just... didn't feel so much like a Jurassic thing this time around.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile

My brother and I started watching this show a few months ago...and I have to agree. We left off somewhere in the second season because we just weren't interested enough to continue. I REALLY wanted to like this show, because it's not that often that a good animated show involving dinosaurs comes along, plus, it's JURASSIC PARK! It seemed like something that had to be good...yet it just didn't do anything for me. Darius and Ben were the only characters I could even get remotely invested in...

...and then Ben's total personality flip where he became some sort of hardcore survivalist dinosaur tamer jumped the shark so much that I lost interest in him, too. And it didn't help that, in terms of personality and character arc, he was kind of a ripoff of Hiccup from HTTYD.

I hated Brooklyn from the beginning. It really pains me that "trendy influencer" is becoming a stock character type in kids' shows these days. Social media can cause a lot of damage to a kid, but hey, it's "in," so why not throw it into children's TV for the heck of it? Yes, I know Brooklyn becomes less snooty and dependent on her phone as the episodes go on, but not enough that it made me change my mind about her.

I liked Sammy at first. Yeah, her bubbliness was over-the-top, but at least she was a sweet character. But once that whole weird reveal with her being a spy dropped, I was done with her. I mean...really??? So...her family's farm is in debt to this company...so then the company blackmails her family...into letting this kid be a spy for them in order to pay the debt?? That gave me some cringy fanfiction vibes. No way anyone in their right mind is going to choose some random kid, especially one with that personality, to spy for them. That was some really contrived drama.

At least Kenji was kind of amusing sometimes. But other than that, nothing about him was really that interesting.

Yasmina was so underused I practically forgot she was part of the group most of the time.

Then there are most of the adults in this show. They're just as dumb as most adults in kid-centered shows are--and that being said, I could've gotten past them if this took place in a different universe. But it takes place in the JP universe, which really makes it hard to get over. Having adults this stupid in the JP canon was just really jarring. Dave and that birthday guy were especially embarrassing to watch.

That being said, the fun part of this show was the dinosaurs. I was glad the series used a nice variety of species, and they were all animated well. You know, maybe if they'd actually let Bumpy stay a baby longer, I would've given the show more of a chance just to see that. ;)

So yeah, in conclusion, I really wanted to like this show. I feel like I actually could've liked it when I was younger. But sadly, at this point...I'm pretty sure I just don't like it. :( Sorry. Nothing against the people who do enjoy it, of course. I wish I enjoyed it as much as you do.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Nobody has to apologise for not liking something lol. I mean I enjoy anything with dinosaurs from Jurassic Park 3 to We're Back, so... yeah I'd enjoy almost anything.  :rhett_ohsnap

Camp Cretaceous definitely has some major flaws, as seen with me reefing the 4th season, and if it was just the main cast, I definitely wouldn't be sticking around. The adults are dumb trope is a running theme through a lot of these kind of shows. I think it was meant to be some kind of comic relief but it falls flat for me. Actually, I'd say I don't like most of the human characters at all. I enjoyed watching a lot of annoying adults get eaten by the Indo or another carnivore, especially the birthday guy and Mitch/Tiff.  :lol

With Yaz finally getting some spotlight in season 4, I'd say she's now my favourite of the main cast. I never liked Brooklyn and I agree with Rainbow that Sammy being a child spy for Mantah Corp is dumb, and that made me care for her the least. Kenji grew on me through the series and I liked Ben... although I kinda wish he either stayed dead or cowardly instead of the cowardly-guy-has-something-bad-happen-and-then-suddenly-becomes-a-badass trope. Darius is... the typical main character. I like him, but I don't find him extra special.

Actually the more I think about it, the more critical I get.  :lol I think Season 4 left a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth that has made me think more of the negatives of the show as a whole. A shame, but will I be watching season 5? Of course.  :bestsharptooth

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Season 4 was the worst of all the seasons except for the return of the Spinosaurus!

Drones controlling dinos? Ugh.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Okay so this teaser for season 5 dropped over a month ago. It releases on July 21st.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSYDSorEULE

More drones... yay...

But it looks like this is the final season of this franchise. I kinda hope that they learn from the mistakes of the last season but while it's in this new environment of high-tech biome stuff... eh, I dunno. I think the threat level from the dinos will be toned down, again, because drones and BRADs and whatever, and also the character reveal at the end... I don't know if he's evil enough to let the kids get hurt now he knows who they are (but then his company did get a child to spy for them so idk I guess anything can happen). I guess we'll wait and see.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I wonder how Season 5  will play into Dominion? We saw events of Falleb Kingdom in Season 3.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Haven’t watched any episodes yet. Have you @somerandomfangirl ?