The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

[VO2] Announcement: The Next Voice-Over Project Is...

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

The Land Before Time VII: The Stone of Cold Fire

@DiddyKF1 and I were discussing the next voice-over project yesterday. We agreed that doing another full-length film would be more work, but also more fun. So that's what we went for! He will be taking care of the sound and video editing this time around, while I will be managing the project here on the forum. This topic will be the general discussion topic. Anything goes here!

This film features a lot more characters than the original. It also features SONGS! We might have to do some singing projects along the way to get these songs dubbed as well - so keep an eye out for those  ;)Cera Still deciding on that.

This time around we do not have to make a transcript, since the Internet already did this for us. Please find the script here. You can easily filter on your character's lines if you wanted to.

Topic links:
Character status
Auditions
How to record your voice

Auditions and final recordings can be sent to Diddy! You can use wetransfer or attach it to your email if it is not too big. The address is diddykongf1@gmail.com
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 07:50:15 AM by Mumbling »

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Awesome! Yep I'm all for it!
Let's get another LBT VO project on the way!  :ChomperAmused

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
^^
I loved re-voicing of original movie.

can't wait for results!!!
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I suppose since I got pestered hard to join in on the last one it might be a good chance to jump in on this one.

Already sent in a submission for the male Rainbowface. Might try and tackle a Pterano audition as well if I have the courage  :rainbowThinking

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
By all mean @Flathead770, go for Pterano.

Better to have the choice of voices than defaulting just to one.

Give it a shot!

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
So THIS must be what caused the ripple in the cosmos that made me think to check back at what's been happening on the good old GoF...  :olittlefoot

I saw some of your fandub of the original movie before and wished I would've been around to participate at the time, so now that this one's happening I'd love to get in on it! :chompysmile My voice might work for some of the, er, less perky-sounding female characters. :lol Definitely going to try out for the female Rainbow Face, and possibly Cera as well if I have the time! As soon as this big school project I'm finishing up stops eating up my time, I'll send some recordings your way!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yesss rainbow! I was trying to get in touch with you to let you know about this. Figured you'd wanna have a shot at the female rainbowface. Looking forward to your submission(s)!

PteranoStan

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Awesome to see all the response to this project! Hyped to see this to completion. :))

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
There are some minor errors in the script on the transcript website, so make sure to use this page when you are recording your lines instead. We'll make sure to keep updating that with the correct lines/characters.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Buuuuuump! Wanted to let you guys know that all lines for male rainbowface have been recorded by Flathead! That's the 2nd character done :)

If anyone still wants to join into this project, please do let us know!

Sapphirre98

• Nonbinary they/them
  • Ruby
  • I believe in Dekker supremecy
    • View Profile
There are some minor errors in the script on the transcript website, so make sure to use this page when you are recording your lines instead. We'll make sure to keep updating that with the correct lines/characters.

I've found an error still in the script, Grandpa's line (line 72) says "isn't that impossible?" when it should say "isn't that also possible?"

Also thinking about auditioning for a couple roles. Mainly Ducky's mom, but you said you're open to gender swaps so perhaps Rinkus too :PteranoPlotting
If we hold on together... no, seriously. Grab my tail.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks Sapphirre! I'll fix it :)

Ohh please do! If anything we really need a Ducky, but I understand that's a tough role to fill  :rhett_ohsnap

Sapphirre98

• Nonbinary they/them
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
Sent in my audition for Spokes Dinosaur. Hopefully Diddy can get that straightened out, cuz i'd love to hear what it sounds like with the visuals  :DD

Also
If anything we really need a Ducky, but I understand that's a tough role to fill 

I've been thinking about it, but the problem is Ducky does a lot of screaming in this movie, and my microphone simply can't handle it. I know that audio quality isn't too much of a concern here, but i'm just not ok with sending in a file that sounds like that. Plus there is the fact that Ducky is indeed a very tough role to fill, and my voice isn't super suited to her. It's a little low and mellow, and Ducky is quite peppy and bouncy. If there's a way around the screaming, I'd definitely try it out. But I can't guarantee anything.

Also not related to the voice over topic, but since I'm auditioning and revealing what my voice sounds like I'd like to make this known: Though my voice is very feminine, I don't identify as female, so if there's ever a case where anyone needs to use pronouns to identify me please avoid using she/her. They/them is preferred but he/him is acceptable too. I don't want to ruffle any feathers but this is something that means a lot to me, so sensitivity is appreciated   :PLoofah

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile
@Sapphirre98 I'd like to say thanks for sending the auditions, but I've run into a small problem. I received .aup files that Audacity will not accept, and there's no way I can use those in Vegas. If it's not too much to ask, could you please send them again in either .wav or .mp3 format? It'd be much appreciated.
Suddenly, I've written so many fanfics that I can't possibly list them all! :P

Ducky x Petrie forever! :)petrie :duckyhappy

Sapphirre98

• Nonbinary they/them
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
Oops! my apologies, I'll get right on that. I was hoping that the aup files would work, since those are easier to edit. Thanks for letting me know!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sent in my audition for Spokes Dinosaur. Hopefully Diddy can get that straightened out, cuz i'd love to hear what it sounds like with the visuals  :DD

Also
If anything we really need a Ducky, but I understand that's a tough role to fill 

I've been thinking about it, but the problem is Ducky does a lot of screaming in this movie, and my microphone simply can't handle it. I know that audio quality isn't too much of a concern here, but i'm just not ok with sending in a file that sounds like that. Plus there is the fact that Ducky is indeed a very tough role to fill, and my voice isn't super suited to her. It's a little low and mellow, and Ducky is quite peppy and bouncy. If there's a way around the screaming, I'd definitely try it out. But I can't guarantee anything.

Also not related to the voice over topic, but since I'm auditioning and revealing what my voice sounds like I'd like to make this known: Though my voice is very feminine, I don't identify as female, so if there's ever a case where anyone needs to use pronouns to identify me please avoid using she/her. They/them is preferred but he/him is acceptable too. I don't want to ruffle any feathers but this is something that means a lot to me, so sensitivity is appreciated   :PLoofah

Yeah she definitely does a lot of screaming haha. I know what you mean with not having the right voice type either, my voice is way too low to play a little girl ;)

And no worries, thanks for letting us know about your pronouns. We are looking into adding a non-binary option to the gender form on forum profiles, as you are not the only one. I've suggested to others to put their pronouns in their custom title or the like. All are welcome here :yes

Sapphirre98

• Nonbinary they/them
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
Uh oh, @Mumbling it looks like we no longer have access to the film's transcript. Do we have a backup anywhere?  :opetrie

Edit: we apparently do still have it. My bad, no need to panic. Some server issues happened on my end i think.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 09:27:20 AM by Sapphirre98 »

Sapphirre98

• Nonbinary they/them
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
I'm very sorry to have to say this but i may have to drop out of the project. Life circumstances have changed and it's left me with no opportunity to record :petriemad