The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Britney Spears #FreeBritney

credence007

• Ruby
    • View Profile
So I’m sure many of y’all have seen the news that Britney recently broke her silence about her conservatorship. She’s been fighting it for years ever since her so-called “breakdown” in 2007. Her father Jamie supposedly was originally granted the conservatorship while she was still in the hospital without her knowledge or consent, and has been stuck in it ever since. She has no control over her finances and isn’t even allowed to get married to her boyfriend that she’s been with for 4 years. She has gained the support of her fans as well as numerous fellow celebrities. Not sure if anyone here is a fan of Britney, but I have been a fan of Britney since 1999 when her first album was released.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Only hearing about this now, but she definitely has my support. Sounds like her dad has been preying on her for decades and nobody’s taken her problems seriously because she’s Britney Spears. Not terribly surprised our modern society can’t get past its patriarchal roots and inherent jealousy of celebrities to do what’s right for a 40-year old woman who wants control over her own finances, her career, and her ability to have a child. Everyone else has those rights at that age, she clearly should too.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah honestly, it's pretty horrifying. I remember having a laugh at her back in 2007/2008 or whatever when she shaved her head and had a bunch of misfortunes. Looking back now, she was clearly miserable, I feel bad for it, and it seems she has gotten her life back on the right track. Can't believe that she is still under mandatory conservatorship, and that her father refuses to let it go. I'm glad this is getting the attention it deserves now.

One of the things that disgusted me the most was that she is forced to have a IUD (birth control), even though she wants more children. Not to have control over your money is one thing - but your body? Holy shit.

I can only hope she gets her rights back sooner rather than later.