The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Nintendo Direct - 9/23/21

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
Here’s the full video of the Direct in case you forgot to watch:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dG9fAtmYdlM

Feel free to discuss your thoughts on this direct, such as what your favorite announcement was, your least favorite announcement, the disappointing announcement, or the game your looking forward to play.

Start discussing whenever your ready!

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
I've already discussed the wild casting choices for the Mario Movie, so I'll leave that be for now.  :PLoofah

I'm looking forward to Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Bayonetta 3 and the Age of Calamity expansion (been waiting for Purah and Robbie to become playable). I haven't played a Metroid game before but I'm considering picking up Metroid Dread. Finally getting N64 and Genesis games with Switch online is cool too. I'm looking forward to playing Ocarina of Time again on it, as well as some of the N64 games I missed out on (I grew up more with the GameCube).

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Overall it was an alright direct. It's nice to finally see Bayonetta 3 in some form. Had a nice subversion with the trailer with me thinking Bayonetta 3 right at the start because of seeing the platinum logos, then with the military made me think it was some sort of new IP, then the pink bullets made me think Bayonetta, then the dog outfit from Astral Chain made me think of a sequel to that, then finally the Bayo reveal  :PLoofah

I'm already hyped for Metroid Dread so nothing changed there haha.

Triangle Strategy was neat in the demo and I've liked Bravely Default and Octopath Traveller so I'm sure that game would be good, though not sure if I'll end up getting it or not.

N64 games are a neat addition, but I probably won't bother, unless the price increase is not too large (though I have a feeling that won't be the case)

I've also never really been a major Kirby fan so I'll probably skip it as well.

chomper94

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Kirby and Splatoon 3 were my biggest highlights of the direct, can’t wait for those to come out (I won’t forget the N64 and Genesis games).

In other small announcements, I can’t wait for the remake of Disney Magical World 2 to come out, that was my childhood game on the 3DS, and I’m really excited to replay it on the Switch.

Loire

• Member+
  • Chomper
  • Your personal trustworthy crab, aargh!
    • View Profile
They put up a very decent showcase dare I say and they displayed some few games people would eagerly be excited for. I've only had Switch for a bit over two months and loving it so far.

personally I'm glad that Animal Crossing New Horizon gets an update, I have it in my library and haven't visited it frequently but it is always lovely, charming, cozy, relaxing and soothing to always get into it again.

N64 would be interesting considering classic games would probably be a blast to have hence the collection would be abundant.

Chocobo GP seemed very identical to Mario Kart 8 so I'm not looking forward to that game sadly.

chomper94

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
personally I'm glad that Animal Crossing New Horizon gets an update, I have it in my library and haven't visited it frequently but it is always lovely, charming, cozy, relaxing and soothing to always get into it again.

I’m glad that there too.  Hope it’ll be an update so good, I can continue to play the game more.

Also the New Horizons direct is happening in October 15:

https://mobile.twitter.com/animalcrossing/status/1445750713619943428