The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Nintendo Direct - 2.9.22

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
A new Nintendo Direct just swooped down yesterday, so I decided to put the video here so we can discuss about our thoughts on it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EhDFA_O7zNg

The games (and new game details) that were revealed that I’m really excited for is that new 3D Kirby game, Splatoon 3 because I’m a Splatoon fan so obviously I’ve been hyped since 2021, MLB the Show coming to Switch for the first time, Mario Kart DLC, a Mario soccer game, EarthBound on Switch Online, and Nintendo Switch Sports (best announcement in the direct).

Anyway, what did you think were your best announcements in the Direct?

CappyGaming

• Chomper
  • I love Littlefoot!
    • View Profile
I am SO glad Wii Sports is coming back

This was a really good direct, everything from Splatoon 3, Mario Kart 8 DLC, Switch Sports, Mario Strikers Battle League, the whole nine. 

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
8 player Mario Strikers seems like it could be wild, though I don't have that many friends that would be willing to invest time and money into it  :bestsharptooth Pretty cool though.

Nintendo teased us hard by revealing Mother 1 and 2. I honestly thought they were finally gonna drop the bomb and announce a Mother 3 localization...oh well, maybe next time.

The Dread Mode difficulty for Metroid Dread seems kinda lazy. I would much rather have enemies have faster attack patterns or even new ones. Combine it with the future boss rush mode and perhaps a randomizer mode and I'd pay for that as DLC.

Triangle Strategy still is on my horizon, really hoping that choice mechanic is implemented well as it seems like a different concept than the typical good or evil choices.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is cool as well. Seems like they were indeed hinting at something with the portals in the Xeno 1 Epilogue and some sort of cross worlds thing is happening between the worlds of 1 and 2.