The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Resident Evil

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Anyone out there find the utmost pleasure in blowing a T-virus zombie in half with your trusty shotgun? Anyone else absolutely wet themselves when Nemesis came crashing through the window and hunted you down like a dog?! :o (No? Just me then?!  :lol )

You have just entered...the forum room of survival horror chatting...

...Good Luck!

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
i never played RE that much. I don't like the control scheme for the older games. I've played RE4 on the Gamecube and tried it on the Wii though and enjoyed it. As for wetting myself, i think i came close to it when i watched my brothers play the remake of the first game on the Gamecube. You know...the part when those dogs jump through the window. That scared the hell out of me :lol .

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Flathead770,Sep 4 2007 on  11:48 PM
I don't like the control scheme for the older games.
What do you mean?

Littlefoot

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://Closed!
I played all the games of Resident Evil. I am very proud that I’m still alive, I don’t know how but I survived. I defeated all of them. I don’t know if I am infected with the T-Virus but if I have it Littlefoot1616 you know what you have to do. I have the some Umbrella files with me. Littlefoot1616 take these files and hide them in a secure place…. Now this is Time to the Extinction…………..

Hahaha that was fun… Like I said before I played all RE and I like them. Many of them scare very much :o  The zombies, the hunters, the dogs and the Tyrant of the first part are very ugly. RE 2 is no that scary like the first one but is fun. About the third one Nemesis oh the great Nemesis….. I hate him much this monster sometimes killed me and the factor of listening him only saying STARTS START URGGGG was driving me crazy :bang

The RE Code Veronica (Oh I miss my Dreamcast). The plot of the game was very good. The story of Alfred and Alexia Ashford was creepy and the factor that Alfred was pretending to be Alexia hahah was very fun. For the next resident evils like the 4 and outbreak well pretty good games but In the 4 they changed the style of the game and I don’t like it. Now I’m waiting to the RE 5. I want to see how ugly this time they will be. I saw the video trailer and the zombies are ugly enough for me.

Do you like Chunky meat? HAHAH  :nyah

What do you think about the mansion of the first game? Would you like to live in a place like this with all of those doors and rooms? I cannot imagine a key ring with such proportions. :lol

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
The "Resident Evil" series is overrated. The plot isn't anything special, the dialogue stinks, the characters are nothing special, and I absolutely can't stand the control scheme in the older games. Apparently, the makers realized that nothing in the game was challening, so they just made it harder to control the character than beef it up.

"Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem" was a much better Survival Horror game. It relied more on the creepy, chilling and intrigue factor, like old Hitchcock movies than just straightforward gore.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
I love the Resident Evil series! Great Survivor Horror series with an interesting plot. It made it fun how you had to find and collect documents and memos to get more of the background story and of the plot.

The controls are a tad hard to get used to it, but when you do it's easy to move around and adds more to the experience. The camera angles though, while it works to add tension, can be annoying.

And yes, the dialouge tends to be bad, very bad. But that's what gives the Resident Evil series its charm! "you were almost a Jill Sandwich!" WTH Barry XD

And about your mansion question, Littlefoot, I answer with a big fat no! That mansion is way too big and all the secrets? I'd go crazy keeping check of them all to make sure nobody is stuck in there XD

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What do you mean?
Keni summed it up for me. I enjoy the over-the-shoulder type of aiming then the traditional style of fixed camera angles.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I experienced the "over the shoulder" view in Killzone, and I don't like it that much. It's hard to aim like that. I prefer the fixed camera angles over "over the shoulder".

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Resi was probably the first kinda "survival horror" style of video game I picked up and I guess it's stuck with me. I was way too wimpy to play the original RE for PS1 when it was all the rage but having been subjected to it, I wouldn't replace it for anything else. Admittingly, RE has made more of a shift from being "scary" to being much more action-driven. There are much more freaky games out there e.g. Silent Hill, Eternal Darkness etc.

RE4 tops my ranks in the series very closely followed by RE3. Half the creepy moments I think RE4 holds within it's dark depths is in the very graphic and somewhat "barbariac" ways you can be knocked off!  :blink: For the strong-stomached (or generally disturbed  :P: ) Check out this youtube vid of the many fatalities of Leon Kennedy everything from failed dodges, wrong emergency button combos to "couldn't be arsed to move!"  :lol

Leon's Methods to the Pearly Gates - Discretion advised!
Leon's Methods to the Pearly Gates - Discretion advised!

RE5 is due in sometime next year but it's already sparked controversy on a racial level!  :( Apparently, the idea of a white American agent taking out a black infected populace hasn't gone down too well with some folks  :unsure:

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
For the strong-stomached (or generally disturbed  ) Check out this youtube vid of the many fatalities of Leon Kennedy everything from failed dodges, wrong emergency button combos to "couldn't be arsed to move!"
:lol i actually found that video to be pretty amusing.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
I know.  Same here.  :lol   I couldn't stop laughing my head off.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I just finished watching it. No offense, but I didn't really find it very funny. It didn't make me laugh. Maybe it was because the guy's overused "death moan" if you could call it that really got on my nerves.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Sep 6 2007 on  11:17 PM
I just finished watching it. No offense, but I didn't really find it very funny. It didn't make me laugh. Maybe it was because the guy's overused "death moan" if you could call it that really got on my nerves.
I don't think it's the fact that the "death moan" was overused. It's just that someone obviously spliced together all the death scenes and that happens to be the sound Leon makes before copping it.  :P: Unless you were generally THAT BAD at the game, you'd never experience such a rapid succession of moans. From what I've heard, the European cut of RE4 is supposed to include the most death scenes. There is one scene with the chainsaw were Leon actually tries to PUSH the saw off him before it goes straight through his neck!  :o

Anyway, there are more aspects to RE than just how many time a man can be butchered by a macabre populace!  :lol Like, who's your fav character? Which is your fav instalment and what Capcom have in store of the fans in the upcoming RE5 and Umbrella Chronicles  :DD

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
Leon's annoying moan is sort of funny, it makes him sound constipated.

But yeah, RE4 is pretty gory with all its different death scenes. And Littlefoot1616, that death scene of trying to push the chainsaw away before it goes through your neck is in our version as well, it's just that it's kind of rare to trigger it since the other neck decapitation scene is mostly used. You can see it more often in the RE4 demo. The European version has the same amount of death scenes we have.

As for favorite characters, I never really thought of it. Leon maybe. Favorite installment? Resident Evil 3.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I can see that Resident Evil is not for me just from what I'm hearing here. If it's rated M (or R), then there's a very good chance I'll not like it.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I've only played though RE2, and only then got half way through before I got tired of being killed by the numerous monsters.......and I couldn't find the one key to get me out of that one room... :lol Oh well, I do look forward to seeing RE5 and RE: extinction in theaters two weeks from now! :yes

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Keni,Sep 7 2007 on  08:22 AM
But yeah, RE4 is pretty gory with all its different death scenes. And Littlefoot1616, that death scene of trying to push the chainsaw away before it goes through your neck is in our version as well
Meh...maybe so. It was just a rumour I heard. Not that it makes much of a difference. Just goes to show you can't believe everything you hear :). I'm kinda hoping that RE5 is gonna show some of the previous characters from the series. Jill Valentine is my fav RE character hence, RE3 was my fav instalment before RE4 came into play.

Apparently, Umbrella Chronicles is supposed to sew up any loose ends in the series that have so far remained unanswered. What exactly they choose to reveal is yet to be seen though.

One thing that still gets me about the series is Ada Wong. Just who is she actually working for? RE4 suggests Wesker (that guy just doesn't know the meaning of the word "death") but somehow it seems like there is an alterior motive for her actions. Wonder what will be brought to light in the next few instalments of the series

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Guess this is kinda old news for all Region 1 Wii owners but has anyone actually gone outta their way to acquire a copy of Umbrella Chronicles? It was only released on Region 2 format today despite Play.com saying it was due out almost a full week ago! (don't trust Play.com's dates...they lie :angry:  :lol ). From what I've seen/heard, it's a bog standard on-the-rails FPS with a RE theme. Basically, Capcom's answer to Sega's House of the Dead series. Any owners of RE:UC reckon it's worth the pruchase? Also, is there anything particularly intriguing about it? Any uncovered secrets of Umbrella's evil doings to appease the fanbase?

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
I got Umbrella Chronicles and for an on-rails shooter, it's pretty good. Your main weapon is the Handgun, which has unlimited bullets. But along the level you can find ammo for different weapons like shotguns, machine guns, and you can use them to and switch weapons on the fly to match the situation where it's needed. Ammo is scarce for these weapons, so it's best to use your handgun as much as you can and use your other weapons when necessary like when crowded by zombies or facing Hunters or Chimeras.

The game covers all the important plot events in Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil and Resident Evil 3 while also touching on unknown things like how Rebecca did in the mansion before she was found by Alpha Team and how Wesker escaped the mansion. We also play as Ada as she escapes the city with the sample of the G-Virus and even cover HUNK's escape.

The game also includes a brand new Scenario, covering the final events that led to Umbrella's downfall. Including a look at Wesker's agenda on what he wants and how he gets them.

The game is very fun with a lot of objects in the background to destroy to find weapons, ammo, files (Which add more to the story) and recovery items. So you'll spend a lot of time shooting objects to find files and ammo.

The levels also have secret rooms (Which you access by finding the right door and shooting it down) and alternate paths which you take depending on your choosings. You'll find yourself coming back for more to fully explore the areas, get better rankings and star points to upgrade your weapons.

I really recommend this game to Resident Evil fans and on-rail shooters fan. It's surprisingly challenging but very fun, especially when playing it in co-op. (My friend and I had a blast playing this together today.)

Any other questions regarding Umbrella Chronicles I'll be happy to answer.

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The Umbrella Chronicles is one game I really want to get for Christmas. As well as the Wii edition of Resident Evil 4. Now that I finally own a Wii I can make that happen. BTW, Keni, does the game really covers the plot elements of the other RE games? 'Cause I would like to catch up in my history on that game.