The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Resident Evil

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
Well the game covers the important parts of the game series, but I have to mention that it doesn't cover EVERYTHING and you won't see all of the characters from Resident Evil 0, 1 and 3. About 50% of the story by just playing the scenarios and the rest you learn from files you can find hidden thorough the levels.

So yeah, I recommend you finding the files. They're not that hard to find as long as you shoot anything and everything in the levels (Boxes, lamps, chairs, tables, even doors you can shoot open). You'll learn more about all of the enemies of the series, main character bios, summaries of all the Resident Evil games and more about Umbrella's backstory and what they have been doing to poor innocent people.

It's a great recap of the whole Resident Evil plotline, but I do have to mention that it's not the same as playing the actual past games themselves to learn about the plotline.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Despite not strictly being a "game", has anyone gone out and acquired the new CGI movie RE: Degeneration? I got it today and I have to say it's great! It sees the re-pairing of RE2 character Claire Redfield and Leon Kennedy. It's set after RE4 (coz Leon is still a government agent and he's dressed the same as in the game with the same starting handgun!). The action's cool, plenty of T-virus junkie zombies to deal with and it's just a joy to watch :) There are a few subtle references to RE5 (including RE5 recent trailers as bonus features). A good purchase for any RE fanatic ;)

Godsmack

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I haven't seen Degeneration yet. I am really excited about Resident Evil 5 coming out. I recently downloaded the demo on my 360 and it is pretty sweet.

platvoetje

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/monsterhunterkill
i love the resident evil games.. although i'm 13 i played it since a was 10...
i was never scared except in RE 4 with the water on that lake.. because i'm scared of water not because of the game though :lol

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I managed to get my mitts on the RE5 demo now on the PSN! And it is wickid! The control config was a little difficult to get the hang of to start with but once I did, I just flew with it! The demo offers two stages form the game which you can play solo, 2-player split screen or 2-player online co-op. I've said for a while that a lot of games nowadays lack a very strongly-based co-op feature and I think RE5 may just be my saving grace. The co-op play is awesome. The online feature is seamless and the enemy hordes are worse than the RE4 Ganados TEN FOLD! I cannot wait for this to hit worldwide shelves on Fri 13th March! Despite the short snippets of this demo, playing online with other RE players keeps it somewhat fresh coz everyone plays differently (that not always being a beneficial factor  :smile ) Roll on 13th March!!!

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Is anyone else psyched about RE5 coming out a week today?! I've already preordered it should be getting it around about Friday 13th (hopefully bad luck doesn't strike). I've been playing the demo into the ground recently and I'm already loving it. I've seen the intro video and I'm horrified! What's with the gravestone with Jill's name on it!?!  :blink: Jill can't be dead! She's my fav RE character and they've just lopped her off?! I can't accept the idea she's dead until I actually see it. All the more reason why I want it.

On the note of ownership, anyone who is getting it, what are you getting it for? I'm gunning for PS3. Who knows, maybe we can partner up and tackle this new instalment together ;) Can't wait! :D  :DD  :wow

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I seem to be the only one that posts in this thread. But hey, since it's all gaming news, thought I might as well share it with you all. ;)

According to latest announcements by Capcom, they have 2 more Resi titles on the way. Following up The Umbrella Chronicles, there is soon to be RE: Darkside Chronicles. This is basically UC styled, on the rails shooter gameplay but purely revolved around RE2 (one of the franchise's best sellers and voted fans' fav). Some elements have been revamped. Manual screen looking has been removed, inventory can be switched on the fly using the Wii's D-pad and healing items can be held and used when most required rather than using them instantly. Not sure about a release date for the US but Europe has been drafted for early November time.

The other big announcement is that the Wii is to be getting a redo of the original GC remake of the horror fest that started it all. Yep, to fall in line with Wii's rebirth of old classics, Resident Evil Archives is supposed to hit US and Euro shores round about the mid summer time.

As much as I love the RE series, having it for GC I think will be pleasure enough for me. Unless something completely new has been interwoven into this remake (of a remake), I doubt there will be any need to reacquire this title.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Sounds great!

I'm currently playing trough RESI5 again, on veteran.
I think "You're dead" is the most common line of text I read these days. Maybe i should check myself just to be sure?  :lol

If we can talk enemies in RESI5, my worst one would be....

The Snakes!
They freak me out so freakingly bad!  
First time I opened a jar with one inside, I got so scared that I started to shot like crazy around me!  :lol

Note: Yes, I have a fear for snakes.  :x
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Wow I can't believe it took me this long to find this topic. Way to go me <_<

Resident Evil has, is, and forever will be my favorite video game series of all time! All of the games just flat out rock! There's just a simple pleasure in killing zombies, especially in a creepy mansion or destroyed city. Resident Evil 5 is easily my favorite of the series. It has amazing graphics, perfect storyline, great sound, and above all kick-ass action!

I have Resident Evil Degeneration, and I gotta say I was very very VERY impressed! After watching Final Fantasy Advent Children, a glint of hope told me that movies CAN be made off of video games and done well. I had high expectations for Degeneration, and I was not disappointed! The story was well done, the actors were chose PERFECTLY (congrats on getting the same actress who played Claire since RE2 AND the guy who played Leon in RE4), the action scenes were great, and the CGI looked amazing as well. Bravo Degeneration :D

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
I played the third one I think. For the PS2. To be honest, it didn¥t scare me. I don¥t know why, but anyhow no game scares me, because I know it¥s a game. The only game which came close to it was Death space and a the demo of FEAR 2 :p

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Lets dig up this zombie once more!

Was wondering if anyone here has played the game (RESI5) on proffessional mode.
And you thought veteran was hard...  :lol
Even a single Majini can kill you instantly, or put you in dying status with ease.

No doubt it's easier with a partner, but alone... geesh.
I managed to get a B on the "Execution Ground". And that's the only stage I've managed to beaten on pro so far!  :blink:

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm working through Pro Mode at the moment. So far I've reached the on the rails bit 2-3 Savanna. The actual driving part wasn't too bad but it's fighting the sodding Ndesu (the giant Majini) that's giving me jip! I'm assuming you have to perfect this guy coz if he manages to hit you it does a ton of damage. Pretty much any attack from this guy cleaves half your health bar! I knew this guy was gonna be trouble but not this bad! LOL! I plan to work through it all eventually but I'm doing it with a partner. The AI is just not up to the challenge.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I never thought I'd come around to say this but...I've found an instance in RE5 where the AI may actually be BETTER than a human counterpart! I've finally beaten Ndesu but I found it too difficult to complete with another human player. So, against my better judgement, I did it with the AI...and I did it! A few things I noticed, the AI never overheats their gun which is a major benefit and the AI tends to be a little more accurate. The Ndesu threw the boulder at me, on average, twice per bout and I've never been about to avoid that attack with another human player. With the AI, we destroyed it every time thus evading a ton of damage.

Well, I guess sometimes you can be pleasantly surprised by some people (or non-people in this instance LOL) Just got the rest of the flippin' game to do now!  :DD

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Wow I'm surprised the AI could be better than the human mind. I haven't gotten very far on professional, but I plan on working through it.

Tyrannosaur

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
i love Resident Evil. one of the greatest game series ever!

i have RE5 on 360 and live. if anyone wants to hook up and play some professional runs, add me on XBL - Spinosaur xD

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
As for collecting loot and money in RESI 5, there are many ways to go.
However, there is one way that will give you a round sum of money, as well as some slaught as you can play this trough on Amateur mode.

Stage 5.1 "Uroboros Research Facility"

You start off in the room where you fought the Uroboros Mkono. Heading up the stairs will lead you to an observation module above the room you started in. Here you can find a safe which contains one Sapphire (goes for 3000).
Heading furhter, you can find 60 rounds of MG ammo, 5 rounds of SG ammo and some crates containing random items like:

-Handgun ammo
-Grenade
-Flash Grenade
-Indenciry Grenade
-Riffle ammo
-Up to 500 gold

In the next big room, you can easily kill off some majinis at the other balcony using any weapon and shoot them from your starting position in the room.
To your left is two crates containing either:

-Hangun ammo
-Up to 200 gold
-Flash grenade
-Riffle ammo

Continuing over the balcony will trigger a Reaper to appear. 4 shots with the SIG P226 hangun and it's down, leaving the valuable Power Stone for you to pick up. Power stones go for 5000 each!
Moving further and some more majinis with MG's will appear. Easily taken care of.
As you move on, you are very likely to encounter another reaper.
Not much struggle and another Power stone can be collected.
If you're really lucky, you can encounter 3 reapers in this area. That's 15000 kacing!

Now you have to activate some elevator controlls, and while you're at it, you can pick up plenty of loot from the crates you find there:

-Handgun ammo
-MG ammo
-Riffle ammo
-Grenades
-H&K PSG-1 sniper riffle (in a container)
-Red herb

As you kill the fat majini when crossing the elevator, he'll drop a jewel bangle that go for 1000. Proceeding, you'll have to kill 3 rocket launcher armed majinis and very likely some capelos. Once you make your way to the far end of the balcony, you can pick up a necklace that you can sell for 5000.

In the next part of this stage, you'll have to ride the massive elevator and sniper off some majinis as you go. Not a big deal. Maybe they'll drop some amoo etc.

This next room is interessting, as it's a matter of luck how many lion hearts all the lickers will drop.
Make sure that the AI is the one that remains on the ground, as you ride the elevator up in order to unlock the door to the bridge controll.
Lickers can easily be killed with a powerful SG or a good riffle. They're not to hard to kill with the SIG P226 hangun as well. But these guys tend to spawn in great numbers, and the ultimate way to get rid of them (except from using a well placed rocket) is to load your Grenade launcher with Nitrogen rounds which will freeze them on impact. Once frozen, you can easily kill them off with any other weapon. Peice of pie. Lion hearts sell for 2500 each.
You can also find a golden chalice here (2000), a first aid spray and some magnum ammo in the three lockers inside the small building.

Now for the fun part, and why I love playing this stage for money.
You get to fight Wesker! biggrin.gif
Use any type of weapon. I recomend either the SIG P226 hangun or the LG Hawk Magnum (can also be found in this room, within a crate that both the player and the Ai have to cooperate in order to move). In this crate, there's also two jewels that go for 1000 each. You can also find another type of Sapphire here, in a smaller jar, and one close to one of the Tricell crates. Both go for 1000.

Now for the fun. Wesker.
The first thing you do is to investigate the door on the lower level of this room. that will immediatly trigger the small cutscene with Wesker kicking Chris trough it.
Run up the stairs and grab the loot mentioned above.
Then let the hide and seek game begin!
Just run behind him or hide behind a wall until he comes close.
Fire with your gun until he get down on his knees. (Be warned that instead of going down. he sometimes gets pissed and runs fast as * for you).
Once his down, quickly run towards him and press square (PS3 version). This will trigger a combo move.
For me, it was:
Square (starting the combo)
Square
Circle
Cross
Cross+square

This will inflict maximum damage on him.
Repeat this a few times until he goes;

Selfrigeous fools! Dino_grins.gif

And wait for him to run away with the tail between his legs.
Now that you've handled him, this is the last thing you'll do:

Once you start fighting Jill, the FIRST thing you do is to run down the stairs and turn right immediatly.
There (provided that you "beaten" Wesker) you will find the precious Heart of Africa diamond that goes for a whooping 10,000!

So, playing this stage for about 20-30 minutes, can give you:

Somewhere around 40000 in one race if you're really lucky!
And massive amounts of ammo and other loot.
Plus, the EXP you get for completing the stage. You should easily be able to achive S on this!

This is what I feel is the best way to collect money!

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Good bit of info there Lillfot!

I've found, if you are looking for cash to power up your shooting irons, the best place to go is Stage 4-1. Provided you know where to look, there is a ton of treasure to collect and quite a few chests containing a handsome amount of gold. Also, the boss fight with the pokokarim (giant bat/scorpion thing) if you nobble him, you get the Soul Gem (green heart-shaped jewel) worth 10G! Just finding the exclusive jewels for this stage yields 24G! That's not including all the other loose stones about the stage.

Things to look out for:

- Most torches (flames in the little cages), if you knife them they will drop a small gem of some description. They're randomly dotted about but worth the effort for a free gem
- All ceremonial masks with "long horns" have a jewel embedding in them, break those to claim the gemstones
- Keep an eye on the walls and ceilings for any shimmers, should go without saying but shooting these will wield more gems to add to your cash pile
- In the labyrinth area, every giant statue chain you pull on gives a stone. Don't forget to pick those up after watching the staircases change positions. That included the two statues where you have to go top and bottom. There is one each for both statues.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I like the resident evil games though not as much as the Silent Hill games but anyway I think my favorite game in the RE series is the RE remake for gamecube the game looked dangerously nice and the diolouge was rewritten.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
An unconfirmed rumour but apparently there is a Resident Evil 6 in production. From what I've heard, this new installment is going to be a complete cutaway from the Raccoon City incident. That means, no more Wesker, no more STARS members, no more T/G virus or Las Plagas and a brand new plotline. I guess RE5 has done a good job of closing the current storyline as well as leaving a few openings for a new story. With Tricell now suddenly in the picture, they could easily become the new Umbrella.

These are all still whispers on the vine so don't quote me on anything but hopefully this could be an exciting new page in a well developed series. We've still got Darkside Chronicles to look forward to in November (for Wii owners anyway). Hopefully we can look to a new Resi game in the not to distant future.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
seriously theres going to be a RE6, so now I know along with a new Silent Hill game coming out(Shattered Memories) there's gonna be a new Resident Evil game coming as well