The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Kirby (all)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm sure all of you know Kirby, the little pink puffball that can suck up the power of his enemies and send them right back with incredible results.  So, let's talk about him.  I'll start!

Kirby is by far my most favorite Nintendo charcter of all time.  I'm such a fan that I'm bound to get the very next game that comes out.  Anyways, I really started to fall for Kirby when Kirby Superstar for the SNES came out.  I was so good at the game that you wouldn't believe it.  It was my most favorite Kirby game of all time.  In fact, I was so into it that I was expecting a TV Show of Kirby by then.  Too bad it took two more console generations for it to happen and ended up being a bit of a letdown in my book, but still... I love Kirby and you can expect to see me using him when Brawl comes out in December. :)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Kirby was one of the characters I actually liked.  Cute little poof ball that sucked up weird things and could either swallow them or assimilate their powers.  I loved the gb games and I especially liked the one for N64.  Other than that though, I've never really played it.  Once, I played it on a regular nintendo from like 1989 or something :lol:

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
Wow. Kirby, the cute little pink ball from Dream Land.

I like his games, especially Kirby Super Star. His games are always so fun to play.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I have one Kirby game. It's for the original Game Boy. I forget what it's called, though. I think it's "Return to Dreamland" or something like that.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
the first kirby game i played was superstars for the SNES, other then that i've only played the one on the N64 and the NES. Their pretty fun games, but Metroid will always be my favorite franchise.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I never played Kirby. Those games never really interested me.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I've also played as Kirby on Super Smash Bros. Melee, but that's another stor, er, topic altogether. ;)

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Aww. Kirby is one of my most favorite video game chars. I love to play his games. He might be small but be careful. LOL I always like to kick King Dedede's butt with that pink cream puff. BTW, is it true that a Kirby game will be released for the Wii?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Lain_EX,Sep 14 2007 on  02:23 PM
Aww. Kirby is one of my most favorite video game chars. I love to play his games. He might be small but be careful. LOL I always like to kick King Dedede's butt with that pink cream puff. BTW, is it true that a Kirby game will be released for the Wii?
As of now, no one knows, but who knows what Nintendo will do with that pink puffball? :)

I plan to get Kirby: Squeak Squad for the DS once I beat Mariokart DS.  Some say it was a bit of a let down, but I don't care.  It's a Kirby game, and I'm getting my hands on it. :^.^:

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Kirby SUCKS!!! XD Get it? Kirby sucks? As in Kirby sucks things up? Okay, corny joke.

Kirby, I love that cute little puff ball. He's started in some great classic games, but my favorite has to be Kirby's Super Star. (And many have considered it to be the best in the series and I agree with them) Just an all around fun game. I can't wait to see what's in story next for the little guy.

I plan to get Kirby: Squeak Squad for the DS once I beat Mariokart DS. Some say it was a bit of a let down, but I don't care. It's a Kirby game, and I'm getting my hands on it.

I own a copy of Squeak Squad, and it's actually not as bad as people claim it to be. It tries its hardest to be Kirby's Super Star by giving more moves for Kirby to use with each ability (though its not as varied in moves like KSS) My complaints about this game are it's very short. It took about 3 hours to beat. Also, at times it can be too easy. (The Final Boss is perhaps one of the easiest boss I've ever faced) and I thought the mixing bubble feature could have had more variety. Other than those issues, it's pretty fun. I give it an 8/10 and it's worth checking out.  B)

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Ahhh, good ol' Kirby. It's a pretty good game, and Kirby's just the cutest lil' puffball.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey, did anyone here ever watch the Kirby Anime? (Entitled: "Hoshi No Kirby", which translates to "Kirby of the Stars", in Japan and dubbed: Kirby: Right Back at Ya! in US.) I did!  All 98 Dubbed Eps.  There were really 100 Eps, but two were banned for reasons unknown.

As for my opinion on it, it was a bit of a letdown by the means of making Kirby a baby, which really upset me when it aired because I was SO wanting to hear Kirby speak.  Then again, this sort of thing allowed the writers to be more creative with Kirby.

Despite this letdown, there were some top notch eps that really made quite the impression.  Sadly, I can't remember much of them at the moment, but by the end of the series, I was able to create an idea in my mind for a fanfiction.  If only I didn't have so many to get out at the moment, I'd try to work on it. (If anyone is interested, I can give them a little summary. :))

Still, it's good and I'm glad to see some members of YouTube have gone to such lengths to provide the original with subs.  I can't wait to watch them all. :)

Well, that's pretty much my opinion on it.

See ya later!

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I've seen some, but not all of the episodes. For the most part, I liked what I saw. However, I can't find where it even comes on anymore. Is it even on air anymore? I really want to see all of the episodes. :(

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
I have seen that Kirby anime too, I was excited for it but when I saw it...I don't know, I just stopped watching it after a few episodes. Didn't liked the dub, but of course it's 4Kids.

To my knowledge the anime doesn't air anymore, maybe you'll find them online or on youtube.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Manny Cav,Sep 19 2007 on  08:50 AM
I've seen some, but not all of the episodes. For the most part, I liked what I saw. However, I can't find where it even comes on anymore. Is it even on air anymore? I really want to see all of the episodes. :(
First off, it has stopped airing completely.  Not even one of those satalites that LBTlover now has will work for ya. (Good luck being able to even afford one of those.)

And may I quote myself? :)

Still, it's good and I'm glad to see some members of YouTube have gone to such lengths to provide the original with subs. I can't wait to watch them all. :)

So yeah, it's on YouTube.  Just put "Kirby Anime" in the Search function and you'll find eps in no time. :^.^: (Note: You'll mostly get the original Japanese version with subs.  At least it's better than the dub. :D)

Hope you enjoy it, because I know I will. :^.^:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Kirby fans, I found a website that hosts the original Kirby eps in Japanese with ENGLISH SUBS!

Right now, the creator has only completed Eps 1 to 62 and 94 and 95, totaling 64 eps of the total 100.

Now, before you download them, make sure to read the proper instructions for them.  There are some very important pieces of info you NEED to know.

Anyways, here's the site: http://kirby.classicgaming.gamespy.com/inf...me/op_hnk/#subs

Of course, if you can't get it for whatever reason, you can still find the eps on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/user/KFTTE

Enjoy the eps! :^.^: