The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Bashful One

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Ruby and Chomper fell into step behind Littlefoot eager to show Denton more of the valley.

_______

Longtail was about to follow behind everyone else when he noticed something...he looked back an called to Denton, "Hey are ya coming?"

_______

"This stone is activated by touch alone." said Cyrix but then he gave Mim a warning "You may feel a bit...uhh...sick afterwards, but it's nothing to worry about." he said with a genuine smile.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
"Huh?" said Denton, he had got side tracked and had fallen behind. When he heard his name called he looked forward seeing the gang far ahead of him. Quickly he ran to catch up

"Sorry guys!"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail gave a short laugh as he waited for Denton. "It's okay...I forget sometimes too."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ducky & Petrie continued with the others, not saying much.  

______

Littlefoot led them over to the nearest place they played the the tree seed toss game. Littlefoot stopped once they were near the middle of it.  He turned to the others. "This is one of the places we like to play that game here since the ground is more or less flat and there are not trees in this area right here." He said.

Littlefoot looked at Denton, "It's ok, this whole place is new to you. and there is a lot to see."
_______

Mim looked at the stone, "Hopefully not sick like I was once a long time ago.  So what are the properties of the stone purported to be?"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail was walking next to Denton, and just watched his reaction. 'I can tell he is really enjoying himself.' thought Longtail.

Ruby and Chomper suddenly remembered something. "Hey Chomper isn't this near the Hidden Canyon?" asked Ruby "I think it is..do you know Littlefoot?" asked the little sharptooth

_________

Cyrix gave a short laugh and said to Mim..."Well not that sick. And as for the properties..." he gave a short pause as he took Mim's hand in his own and placed their hands on the stone as he finished his sentence "We'll just have to find out." Then the stone began to give off a soft sky blue glow, as it slowly filled the cave...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot nods, "Yes, it's just over there." He said, pointing with his tail.

_______

Ducky says, "I remember that, yes I do." nodding and looking over in the direction.  "We were playing toss the seed when we found the entrance."

_______

Mim looks at the stone as her hand is taken and they touch it together, "There is often only one way to prove wither something is true or not." She said.  She watched the stone and the light it emitted.  She attempted to remain as relaxed as she could to wait and see what the effects would be, if any.

______

Petrie looked where Littlefoot was pointing, "Me forget it close."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail smiled and said "Well now...you learn something new every day!"

______

Ruby then said "Yes that canyon also led to the Mysterious Beyond." Chomper nodded and replied "Yeah and those stinky fruits were there too." scrunching up his face at the thought.

______

Cyrix waited a few moments more and as the stone's light began to fade he slowly let go of Mim's hand took a deep breath and asked her as he looked into her eyes "How do you feel?"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ducky nods, "Stinky to sharpteeth."

______

Littlefoot nods, "Yes, it helped to keep them out.  And it helped teach us all a very important lesson also."

______

Mim looked into Cyrix's eyes, pausing a moment to think of how she felt. "Different.  It'll take me some time observing before I can describe it, or rather them." She said.  She found it difficult to describe how she felt to herself.  It would take some time observing her feelings before she could think of the correct words to describe it, or rather them.  "I guess the couple have to be ready to touch it together." She said smiling a bit.

_______

"When me bigger me fly over, see if it still there." Petrie said.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Really?" asked Longtail then just to see he took a really big sniff of the air around him, and gaged on it. After a  few moments of coughing and wheezing Longtail's eyes dilated and fell over onto his side as still as a rock.

______

Chomper and Ruby both whirled around at the sounds Longtail was making, and ran over to check on him. Ruby then commented "He took a pretty big whiff...I wonder why he made those sounds though?" "I though it only smelled bad to sharpteeth." said Chomper with concern.

______

Cyrix continued to stare at Mim for a few more moments and said "Change is a good thing and time is the only thing you and I both need."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ducky got off of Spike and went over to where Longtail was.  "Maybe he part sharptooth and part leaf eater.  Momma told me there are some who eat like sharptooth and green food eaters." Ducky said, not fully understanding what her mother had told her and getting it partly wrong.  

______

Littlefoot went over to where Longtail lay down, "He looks sick, maybe we should get a grownup to take a look at him."  He said looking to see if any were within sight.  
______

Mim nodded, "Yes, we have all the time we have, but do you understand what may have  happened?" She asked curious and still looking into his eyes.
____

Petrie stretched out his wings, "Me can get grownup." He said, waiting to see if anyone said he should not or had another idea.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ruby looked at Petrie and said "Yes that may be a good idea." Chomper then stated "Hey wait I think he's starting to move!"

______

Longtail blinked once, then twice, he began to breath normally again and as he slowly rolled onto his back he muttered "W-whoa....w-what just h-happened?" he then shuddered and shook his head to clear the dizziness from it.

______

Cyrix thought about it for a moment before responding to Mim "Well I can't really say...although the first time Longtail and I used it...my nephew couldn't show any anger..at all! But now...I do feel different, but I still don't know what effects it may have. All I do know is that you are still the most beautiful rainbow face I've ever seen."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ducky looked at Longtail, "You breathed the hidden valley tree sweets smell and fell down.  You part sharptooth? they do not like the smell of those?" Ducky said.

________

Littlefoot looked at Longtail with concern, "How do you feel, we can get a grownup if you do not feel well."

______

Mim smiles and looks away a bit bashful and hiding part of her face behind a hand, "Thanks, you are the... nicest one I've seen." She said looking at him.  A bit to bashful to say handsome but hoping he could tell what she really meant.

_____

"Ducky mom say some kinds eat green food and meat.  You part sharptooth like that?"    Petrie said, also getting what Ducky's mother said wrong.  Thinking some folks who were omnivores were actually part sharptooth.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ruby then says "Well a leaf eater can't be a sharptooth unless the sharptooth is leaf eater...my head is starting to hurt trying to think about it." Chomper then replied "Ya know I heard a story once about some one who was half a sharptooth."

_______

After Ducky, Chomper, Ruby and Petries statement's Longtail curled up his tail, folded his wings, and tried to make himself as small as possible, as he now looked on the verge of tears when he said "C-can you guys.....k-keep a secret?"

_______

Cyrix smiled as he understood what Mim really meant to say, and he replied to it by holding Mim close in a hug, but his smile faded momentarily as he asked "Mim...if...we do...ya know...have hatchlings, do-do you think I'll be a good father?"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ducky nods, "I can keep a secret, Yep, yep, yep." She says.

_________

Littlefoot nods, "I can keep one also, why, is something wrong." He asked with concern on his voice.

______

Mim hugs Cyrix back, "I'm sure you will be a great father.  And as for hatchlings I'm sure they'll come along in time."

_____

Petrie nodded, "Me keep secret. Me no tell even if Cera gets all mad like her dad."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ruby and Chomper nod simultaneously as they said "We can too."

_______

Longtail blinked back a few tears, and said "I-I-I really am half sharptooth, by natural descent. That's why the smell affected me it was both sweet and annoying at the same time. You guys know when my right eye changes color, that's my sharptooth half becoming dominant, but lucky me I'm always in control." And then he did start to cry, not out of shame but frustration.

_______

Cyrix smile quickly returned as he said "Yes, and I look forward to it!"

_______

Spikes stunned look was the only thing he could do right at that moment, and if he could talk, well he'd most likely be speechless!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ducky for the moment has nothing she can think of to say.

____

Littlefoot looks surprised then trying to think of something to cheer up Longtail, "That is ok, we'll still be your friends.  Maybe Chomper here can teach your sharptooth half to be nice like he is."

______

Mim smiles, "I do too." She said hugging Cyrix.

________

Petrie is a bit surprised, "Me guess 1 parent sharptooth, the other flyer." he said.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail began to laugh...it started as a small giggle then turned into a full out laughing fest, and as he tired to calm down, he managed to stutter out "P--Petrie....is so right...." he laughed a little harder and said "M-my mother...was a flyer and my----my father was a sharptooth!" Longtail was laughing so hard now, he was crying from joy, and rolling on the floor.

_______

Chomper looked confused as he asked "Why is he laughing?" Ruby's immediate response was this: "He's happy Chomper and laughing because you are happy means you're happy!" "Oh." said the little sharptooth.

________

Cyrix then asked Mim, "Well you've seen our cave from top to bottom, now what do we do?"

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Denton who was nosing around the area came around just in time to see Longtail's insane bit of laughter

"What's so funny?" he asked curiously

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"It seems that they are not so different from us, Argaya. The one named Longtail keeps many secrets, but I think he has just revealed his deepest one." Said Vylor.

"What is that?" asked Argaya.

"His past."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ducky "It is good you are happy, yes it is." Ducky said as she smiled, heading over to get back on Spike.  

____

Littlefoot looked at Longtail, "Why are you suddenly happy?  Though we are glad you are happy." he asked.  The flyer seemed upset before now he was suddenly happy.

_____

Mim looked around the cave, "Do you have any ideas, or are you hungry?" She asked, "Those are things to see to first. Then we can discuss what to do next."

_____

Petrie looked at Longtail, "He happy, or he eat funny green food when we no look."