The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Saddest Game Moments?

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
A side note, commenting on Cyber's post, but it seems like Rundas killed himself after you defeat him. He seems to regain control for a few moments, then raises his hand, seeming to summon the spikes of ice that impale him. Perhaps to prevent Dark Samus from retaking control?
Maybe he killed himself because of the shame of defeat? If you read his little biography it says that he thinks he is unrivaled or that hes the best bounty hunter (something along those lines, can't exactly remember what it said). Or maybe he realized that he can't fight the corruption anymore and decided to kill himself to prevent anymore harm? Those are my takes on Rundas. But in my opinion, i think that Gandrayda's death was the worst for Samus. Especially when she transformed into Samus as she was dying, Samsu couldn't even look at her. But maybe she just couldn't stand seeing her comrades be die by her own hands.

Overall though, i think the saddest moment in that game is, like Pokeplayer mentioned, when Samus is remembering back about each hunter at the end of the game.

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams' real ending. It didn't make me cry, but it was a sad moment.

I mean, you realize that by defeating Wizeman all Nightmare will be gone, including NiGHTS who's a Nightmaren, and even still you fight and defeat him. Then you witness NiGHTS dissapearing and Helen and Will waking up in tears crying that their friend who helped them overcome their fears is gone forever, it really made me feel sad for them.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I forgot to mention the end of FFX.  Where Yuna tries to hug Tidus, but she can't touch him and he fades away...

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
For, Final Fantasy XI has a lot of the saddest gaming moments:

Cyan losing his entire family and his kingdom.
Kefka murdering the Espers.
Locke's whole backstory.
Edgar and Sabin's stories.
Celes losing Cid.

Then there's Tales of Symphonia:

Colette dying when she fulfilled her purpose as the Chosen (yes, she was brought back later, but its still a very emotional moment).
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'd like to change my saddest game mone.t
Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.  The part where the aircraft carrier Kestrel gets sunk.  After surviving all those battles and serving as a home to the squadron after they were driven rom their base, it is sunk by an enemy submarine near the end of the game.  It was one of my favorite ships in the series, next to the Marigold from Ace Combat 6.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Fire Emblem (1st one in US)

*Spoilers*

When Eliwood accidentally kills Ninian.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Feb 25 2008 on  09:07 PM
For, Final Fantasy XI has a lot of the saddest gaming moments:

Cyan losing his entire family and his kingdom.
Kefka murdering the Espers.
Locke's whole backstory.
Edgar and Sabin's stories.
Celes losing Cid.

Then there's Tales of Symphonia:

Colette dying when she fulfilled her purpose as the Chosen (yes, she was brought back later, but its still a very emotional moment).
That's Final Fantasy VI in England, although I believe in the States it's III.

In Metal Gear Solid, when Sniper Wolf is dying, also when Psycho Mantis is dying.

Loofah

• Chomper
    • View Profile
The saddest Game Moments hmmmm i think almost the complete Blast Corps Game.
The assassination level in Manhunt 2 and the beginning of the 14 th Level from Paraworld.

Riphstar

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Metal Gear Solid 2: When Hal's Sister Emma dies from Vamp's stab wound.
Final Fantasy X: The Ending.
Resident Evil Code Veronica: When Steve Dies as he convinces his Love to Claire.
Persona 3: The Ending. (Don't wanna spoil it)

I would say they are the saddest moments in Game for me.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
If anyone's played it, Shin Megami: Raido Kuzonoha vs. the Soulless Army
Gouto's Sacrifice
"I've watched over every Kuzonoha since the second, and you've done a heck of a job...[player's name]...Raido Kuzonoha the fourteenth...

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: StarfallRaptor,Mar 14 2008 on  11:48 AM
If anyone's played it, Shin Megami: Raido Kuzonoha vs. the Soulless Army
Gouto's Sacrifice
"I've watched over every Kuzonoha since the second, and you've done a heck of a job...[player's name]...Raido Kuzonoha the fourteenth...
I've played that, and that is a sad game moment for me also.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Mass Effect: Mass Effect in itself holds some sad moments that are unavoidable.

The main one in particular that's sad is when your team member dies. (You have to choose between Ashley and Kaiden.)

Worst thing is that you could pick the wrong choice on one of the stages and lose the team member for good when it could've been avoided by picking a different choice. (I actually lost Wrex once this way.) :(

Geez!  Not only is it sad, but it's your own fault in the end. :cry2

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I forgot about a sad game moment i've had. I don't expect anyone on here to have played this game but, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas: When you have to kill Big Smoke (Main characters friend). That just made me sad, and i sat there lost in my thoughts for some reason.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just saw this one.  
Samurai Warriors 2 XL
(SPOILERS AHEAD)

Katsuie Shibata's sacrifice.  Locks himself into a burning castle, telling his adopted son...
"History doesn't need me anymore"
To which said adopted son replies
"History may not need you any more, but what about me?!!!"
Then falls on the ground crying...

Tyrannosaur

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
I rarely cry to video games, probably as they arent as deep as movies (which i cry often on :D).

this one time, though.

SPOILERS    SPOILERS    SPOILERS

at the end of Sonic Adventure DX. E102-Gamma's ending.

most of the campaign is spent destroying the other E robots, and one of those fluffy things comes out of it, as they often do in sonic games.

so you go through it, destroying these robots, and after you beat the final boss, theres a cinematic which shows that there is also a fluffy thing inside E102-Gamma, which its family is waiting for.

E102-Gamma sacrifices himself after a short life of hardship and having to destroy his other "brother" robots. i found it very sad :(.

sorry if reviving threads isnt allowed here. i checked all the rules and found nothing saying it cant be done. i just felt compelled to reply to this one though. :)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I have no problems with reviving threads, as long as it is revived with some content.

So you're all good! B)

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
When Tidus dissapears at the ending scenes of FFX.
Aaww... poor Yuna...
This scene's so emotional  :cry
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Manny Cav,Dec 12 2007 on  09:54 PM
Quote from: Lain_EX,Dec 12 2007 on  01:27 PM
The ending in PokÈmon Mystery Dungeon... :cry2 you don't want to know...
My brother played through the game. The ending, as far as I know of, consisted of
***SPOIL***
***SPOIL***
***SPOIL***
***SPOIL***
***SPOIL***
***SPOIL***
***SPOIL***
***SPOIL***
***SPOIL***
***SPOIL***
***SPOIL***
***SPOIL***
***SPOIL***
***SPOIL***
***SPOIL***
***SPOIL***
***SPOIL***
***SPOIL***
***SPOIL***
***SPOIL***

the human choosing to stay as a PokÈmon after helping to avert the meteor disaster. It seemed like a fairly happy ending to me. Or am I missing something?
yea... I cried at that part as well.

eh..

The pokÈmon was a human before, but changed in a pokÈmon due some problems in time. but.. the pokemon fades away when the problems in time are solved.. The one it started with is really sad because the human/pokÈmon was his only friend. Then the master of time realizes the pain, and sends the human/pokemon back to the pokÈmon world...

It's really pretty if you followed the whole game.. They also show flashbacks..

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
The end of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.