The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Saddest Game Moments?

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ok, so I know the game came out in 2010, but I only just recently got around to buying  Red Dead Redemption and fell in love with it as soon as I started playing.  I finished the game a couple days ago, and you can probably see where this is going...

Actually, the whole game is pretty sad and depressing.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The ending of Assassin's Creed 4.  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2RQ8YkqeEU
The part at 0:31 where Edward sees all his dead pirate friends sitting around the table is especially poignant when you're reminded of all the friends he lost during his journey.

Compsognathus

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
First:

End of Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon.

The human turned into Pokémon manages to save the world, thinks, that he has to leave the world, but it is not him, it is his partner who is forcibly being taken away from the world, the light takes him away.

I never watched that scene again from the moment I played it last time in 2017. I would cry for sure.

Second: Mr. and Mrs. Bellic- Deal ending. GTA IV

Dimitris hitman tries to kill Niko, Niko avoids being killed, but bullet hits Roman, and he is dead. Very sad, I watched it only one time in my life (perhaps 2009) , and few times I came across it unaware, I turn it off immediately, I would cry as well.

Third: Light My Pyre GTA VCS

Armando Mendez kidnaps Victor's girlfriend, and when he rescues her, she dies shortly afterwards.

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
The ending to Super Mario Galaxy is so sad.

I replayed that game when I got Super Mario 3D All-Stars on the Switch, and ever since I saw that ending, I’ve always said that this and the Spider-man PS4 ending were the saddest endings I watched.

LittlefootOnASkateboard

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
The end of The Last Guardian had me in tears. I loved my sweet big dino birddog so much...

fried-longneck

• Member+
  • Chomper
  • Jesse,my iceberg has 200 entries
    • View Profile

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Mordin's death in ME 3

Carlos's death in Saints Row 2

MF217

• 밀레 시안
  • Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://mf217.deviantart.com/
Spoilers for Metroid Dread within the spoiler tag below.

Spoiler: ShowHide
The death of Quiet Robe in Metroid Dread, especially due to not only being the first living Chozo that Samus had seen in a very long time which is friendly to her, but also her having to hear his backstory of how his tribe had created the Metroids, wanted to destroy them when they became too much of a threat, only for the vile Raven Beak of another tribe to have other intentions of using the Metroids as a bioweapon, and then him proceeding to slaughter the tribe from which Quiet Robe came from, and also leaving him alive solely so he can help him clone Metroids as a slave. After how much he goes out of his way to welcome Samus especially considering the Chozo had raised Samus and were believed extinct for such a long time, only for Raven Beak's soldiers to kill Quiet Robe right in front of Samus with how Quiet Robe had outlived his usefulness and also having turned against Raven Beak to help Samus.

It gets even more emotional at the very end of the game when Samus in her newfound Metroid Suit form winds up being incapable of escaping ZDR on her ship without risking draining her whole ship of energy as the Adam AI warns her, but when Quiet Robe's body shows up as possessed by an X-Parasite, Quiet Robe's sheer willpower allows him to sacrifice himself to have Samus absorb him and have Samus back to her normal self which allows her to finally start up her ship and escape the imminent destruction of ZDR.
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code:
Marty
3695-0507-9451
Nintendo Switch Friend Code:
MF217
SW-2833-1633-8314
Note: PM me before asking for any meetings on various games for the 3DS or Switch please.