The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Are you toony?

Petrie · 53 · 5809

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Yeah, they're still on, but I wonder for how much longer.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Everything has an expiry date sadly to say. I havent seen Gargoyles for a while now so I can't really say I've been in tune with it. I wonder why they don't bring back cartoons like the old ones? I know they revamp them like TMNT, He-Man and Transformers but to me...they just don't compare to what I used to watch as a kid :unsure:

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Just so you get a response, I never saw Gargoyles.  The action packed cartoons never interested me that much.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Well, at least try "Gargoyles", its definitely creative and unique enough that its worth anyone's checking out.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If it can be found and isn't too expensive....I'm on a book spree at the moment (personal and school).

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
On a book spree eh?! If I wasnt at uni, think I would have forgotten what one of those were LOL! :DD More on the "Are you Toony?" subject, was anyone particularly driven to one type of cartoon show? Like Dinsey or Looney Tunes or even Hanna Barbera cartoons?

I have to say I grew up more with Hanna Barbera cartoons like Jetsons, the Biskets, Paw Paw Bears (remember them? That's stretching the timeline a bit! LOL  :lol ), Scooby Doo and Tom and Jerry was a big one. I wasnt so much a fan of The Flintstones and I hated the Smurfs :angry: but I've got loads of episodes of the Biskets and the Paw Paw Bears recorded on VHS. :^.^:

What about you guys?

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm...I've never truly been driven to just one.  I practically watch everything on my list that's available until they no longer aired them.  The series I watched the longest was Gargoyles.  I think I saw the entire series once, with maybe a missed episode here and there.

Oh, and Littlefoot, I got on Amazon.com and saw the Denver: the Last Dinosaur tapes you told me about.  I was on Ebay too and saw the DVD releases in two volumes so far.  I may even go ahead and try to get them!

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Great Kenji! :D
I knew there were Denver videos available somewhere on Amazon. If I had the cash, I'd be buying them all right now (but, since I don't.......  <_<  ). I d/led a load of old cartoon theme tunes a while back and Denver was one of them. Boy did that cause a few memories to come flooding back! LOL :DD

*sings* Denver...the Last Dinosaur. He's our friend and a whole lot more! Bah-bah! :^.^:

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Disney, since we had cable. :D  Plus many of the characters in their cartoons were used in many of their shorts way back to the 1930s.  Not that I'm going to kick Bugs Bunny and the Warner guys out since I watched many of them as well, but Disney always had something on.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
For all you Americans if you have Toon Disney, Rescue Rangers in on at 4:30 in the morning. :p  I can't even tape it since we don't get that channel. :(

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I found out that Playhouse Disney plays a lot of old Disney cartoons after around 6-7ish (pm). They play Gummi Bears, Rescue Rangers and loads of others. This applies to UK residents only by the way...but Im sure the US running a similar rota...maybe :unsure:

Better still (still for UK residents...sorry :( ) Sky Movies seems to be airing a lot of Don Bluth cartoon movies. Whilst writing this, I was watching The Secret of NIMH but they've also been playing A Troll in Central Park, Land Before TIme (#9's on later today). An Amercian Tail and Anastacia.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I'll have to verify this one, but I read somewhere that Darkwing Duck is on at 3:30 pm on ABC for the US folks. :)  I'd rather Rescue Rangers but I'll take DW as well. :)

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I'm gonna get a bit sidetracked =p

I spent my childhood mesmorised with two cartoons in particular, Power Rangers and Dragon Ball... I just love Son Goku and everytime he did his kame-ah-me =p
They are rerunning it on a cable channel and I'm tapping every single episode of Dragon Ball GT.. it's my favourite of the Dragon Ball saga's I also enjoy watching many tipes of Anime, witch is more teen or adult targeted, but I was wondering if you liked dragon ball or just anime in general?
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I really like the Dragonball series. GT is my favourite one and Trunks is my fav character (Ubb and Gohan very close seconds). Dragonball Z's cool too! I love the energy fights and super-speed melees! An all time classic anime ;)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I Grew up Fascinated with Power Rangers as well. I still watch a few episodes every now and then. THe Acting was horrible, i can see that now, and the actors who were on the show have had a hard time breaking away from thier power Ranger characters.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Yeah, I don't remeber seeing the first characters in any other movie or series... I've watched some of the recent Power Ranger episodes, they're terrible!!! The Zords aren't as cool, and the acting is very very bad, VR trooper like... The funny thing is I couldn't get my eyes of the TV when I was a kid but just can't stand 10 mins of those episodes now  :unsure:

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Power Rangers were alright for the few series (with the dinosaurs) but once they started bringing out all these different variations, I switched off. I can't stand the program now but the very first one I used to watch but they gradually became as interesting to watch as a stone on a bit of string going back and forth...LOL :rolleyes:

I have to admit, Disney Channel's got my attention at the moment. I'm really into Lilo and Stitch: The Series and Kim Possible. Both those cartoons crack me up with some of the stuff that goes on.  :DD

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
yeah, you'd have to be a true PR diehard to know who plays the characters in the last few seasons. I've watched a few of them, but not many.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Yeah, like I said I sort of used to be one, I have the zords all up to the 6/7th season =x
But then, with Pokemon and "growing up" I just stoped watching them, and left them for gone, but aparently they just won't give up  -_-

Btw, just found out they'll start re-reunning Dragon Ball (the first series). It's a bit repetitive since they've already done it at least two times, but I haven't seen them so... I'm thrilled  :^.^:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I Watched Pokemon and Digimon too. I Liked Digimon better, but stopped watching after the second season, after they 'completed' the original story.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: