The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Pterano's Return

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Heck yes!!! I would love him to return! Hopefully he will, but I did read something on Wikipedia saying that Michael York didn't want to voice Pterano again. Unfortunately, Wikipedia is not really a reliable source, so I hope that's not true :cry

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
We will have to wait and see.  Like mentioned before, he can realistically appear anytime the gang is outside the Great Valley.  If he enters it after the banishment then all of the gang should be teenagers and thus should older and larger then they are in the movies and tv series so far.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, however, I doubt highly that the LBT producers are going to make them teens, because they want them to remain little kids, but yeah, that's a realistic theory.

If you read my story about how Pterano comes back, heh, it's really complicated  :DD

Lucario#1

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://msn.com
I really hope pterano comes back, I like him!!!

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Quote from: Rat_lady7,May 3 2008 on  12:32 PM
If you read my story about how Pterano comes back, heh, it's really complicated  :DD
May I sees?

I always thought it would be interesting for Pterano coming back to the GV with lots of other fliers, with their matriarch as his mate...hard to imagine, I know, but hey at least he can lead at least SOMETHING that way  :wow . Lol, I imagine him being slightly submissive to her. Submissive enough to be backed into a wall whilst being screamed at for some silly reason  :lol

Bah! Little kids, some of them are watching Family Guy for goodness sake  :x ! I'd like to see it more 'our age'.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ptyra,Jul 8 2008 on  08:19 PM
Quote from: Rat_lady7,May 3 2008 on  12:32 PM
If you read my story about how Pterano comes back, heh, it's really complicated  :DD
May I sees?

I always thought it would be interesting for Pterano coming back to the GV with lots of other fliers, with their matriarch as his mate...hard to imagine, I know, but hey at least he can lead at least SOMETHING that way  :wow . Lol, I imagine him being slightly submissive to her. Submissive enough to be backed into a wall whilst being screamed at for some silly reason  :lol

Bah! Little kids, some of them are watching Family Guy for goodness sake  :x ! I'd like to see it more 'our age'.
Yes you can, it's actually on the Fanfiction section here right now. First read the Land Before Time 12: Warrior Flyers introduction and then go the the thread that says, "Legend 1: The Warrior Flyers?" and you'll be reading my story :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The likely reason is that way the folks who do LBT seem to hate bringing back movie characters.  I'd guess Chomper's return in 5 was likely done at gunpoint or due to blackmail material someone had one someone and forced their hand.

He is an interesting character, but one drawback to his returning, besides the fact that the gang would have to be teens, is he can't grow much more as a character if he is used to much.  He can prove himself, and get some others to believe he has reformed, or go back to his old villain ways, then not much else he can do.  That is one thing is no character can really grow forever, in most cases.   It can look like one can if it is planned out.  Like, character x will grow over movies 1-5 in these ways, y will grow 3-7 in these ways, ect.

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
pterano is one of the populairest characters of the GoF, without doubt...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

AnimeLover

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I Like The Idea Of Pterano To Return To The Great Valley.

It's Brilliant. By The Way, Pterano Will Not Return Until 5 Cold Times Have Passed Right?

So, I Guess It's Been 2 Cold Times Or Three.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hard to tell since the kids and everyone else does not age.

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
As much as I would like to see Pterano return, I think it would be difficult to work him into the story. It seems that realistically, when he returned, he would just slowly settle down, as opposed to bringing a new threat or arriving at the same time. And as a result, it would be hard to come up with a story that could include him and still hold the interest of others. The same goes for the other characters, like Ali and the bullies. It is better that they appeared in the series, as it seems like they are shorter, less epic stories.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
There could be trouble brought with Pterano. I'm writing a story in my fanfiction where Rinkus and Sierra try to exact revenge on Pterano by framing him with a crime.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Salvatore Blackheart

• Chomper
    • View Profile
i like to see pterano again if LBT return on air.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Once again, I am conflicted between my emotional and logical side.

Emotional: I would love to bring him back. he is a great character, one of my favourites, if not my favourite. Seeing how he is recieved by the other adults after his sentence would be interesting.

Logical: 1. The series has shut down for good, so there isn't really any chance... Still, there's no harm in speculating.
2. What sort of story would he lead, now that he has been redeemed as no longer being a villain? Alot of people think of Rinkus and Sierra returning too, creating some sort of conflict, but we don't actually know what happened to them in the end. For all we know, the blast from the smoking mountain could have killed them.

Also, just a side-note, if this did happen, and Michael York did not reprise his role, who could? Who could replace him as a voice-actor? My money would be on Tim Curry, Alan Rickman or Christopher Lloyd. Or maybe Jeff Bennett, if he did a voice similar to Ozzy from number II, but less deep.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Pterano was one of the few characters that I wished would return, if not in a movie than in a TV episode. He was probably one of the more developed characters of the franchise, apart from the gang itself. I mean sure we were to view him as a villain in LBT VII, but he redeems himself throughout the film until the end when he saves Ducky's life.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Dude, seeing him return would be the best thing ever! Pterano is just the coolest lbt character, no doubt! It amazes me how even to this day that people on here are still fans of Pterano!

My golly, I wish he would just return already! I'm missing him...
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

Bruton the Iguanodon

Meh, don't really like him---weird looking, overly dramatic, and certainly not deserving of as much praise as he gets.