The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Your current Job

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Haha.. I work at the library, putting books where they belong =P.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
You made your own car go boom too.
Sure did! :lol

I suppose working with Mumbling on our latest song project counts as a "current job", too. :p

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I don't have a job yet :p I volunteer at the SPCA however, which stands for: "Special Prevention of Cruelty of Animals"

I work with the cats and try to get them adopted. I love it! :D I would like to get a paying job there however...I just don't know which paying job I would want there...

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,May 18 2008 on  05:50 AM
Okay, here's my work details:

Description:  I repair computers for others, create websites, and backup&upgrade systems.

Current wage:  $20 hourly.  I charge so little because it brings the people in in HOARDS!  I can be repairing up to 10 computers at once which makes $200 an hour, however I usually only work on 4-7 computers at the same time.  It's really hard to work on more than 7 computers at once, but I've done it before.

Good things that can happen:  I get someone in who's TOTALLY computer illiterate.  They always have a lot of work that needs to be done because they don't even know how to defrag their disks or some crap.

Bad things that can happen:  Okay, when I have their computers, if something goes wrong with it, they ALWAYS blame me even when it's not my fault.  I've only screwed up one computer and that's when I was helping them bring it into my shop.  The stairs were slippery and I fell and dropped the computer onto the concrete.  Totally broke the HD.  I replaced it free of charge and it didn't cost much seeing as it was only 30gb.  Unable to find a 30gb one new, I just installed an 80gig for the poor old man. :lol
Repairing computors for a living :D and creating websites too. That sounds like a nice job! :yes

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yesterday I worked for the first time at the library, it was kinda cool :^.^:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I got a a job! I got a job! :birthday  :lol  :DD  :D  :)
Today I got a phonecall informing me that my application has been accepted. From September 15th on I will work as a librarian in the historical library of the university here in Bochum :)
I will work for less pay than I would have claim to by the official "rules" but I am not after tha job because of the money but rather because I want to have a foot in the university's door so to speak.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That is great, I am sure you'll do well in the job.  Plus I would guess it'll be a quieter job then some, and there are lots of books there too.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, going back into library again? :D Cool we kinda share jobs :p

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Awesome Malte!  You had been looking for an opportunity like this for quite some time now. :yes:

buffypii

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/buffypii
well, lets see..I start again on Monday august 18th..
back to School WORK!!
Man I hate it..except the fun classes...But it's the math that is terrible..And the NyNorsk...Anyway..That's all...

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I guess school is considered a job. :p  I always said it was when I was in it.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
On Monday I started my new job at the historical library of the university :)
Today is my second day at that job (it is always Monday and Wednesday from 11am to 4pm). So far my task is to check out the list of missing books for books which have reappeared on the shelves (they may have been put on the wrong shelves and been recorded as missing, "vanished" beyond the first row of books, or returned by a remorseful thief) and make sure that the books on the shelves I'm checking are in the right order.
It is not a fulltime job beside the studies of course, but I earn almost exactly as much as I may without having to pay income taxes for it. I'm curious about which further tasks are in store once I finish the missing books list :yes

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds like your job is going well, good luck on it continuing like this.

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I don't know if I ever updated my status in this topic when I got a new job.  I'm currently a special education teacher in an alternative school.  Basically, the kids here are here because their normal school district did not have the services to accomodate their special needs (or didn't know how to manage their behaviors).

buffypii

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/buffypii
Well, I am actually, not an adult so I don't exactly work officially...
But I consider school as work, so that's my occupation..
Though I'm having a work-week in week 5, and I'm gonna go and check out the petshop on Byhaven....

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I would consider gong to school wither elementary, jr high, high school, or even college & university as a job also.  That is just me though.  I'm sure some do not.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
College stuff--all that is asked of you constitutes a job and more. :p  Not always easy, I will say that.  Its a job because there is value to what you do and you earn something in return.