The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What does everyone sound like?

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I sometimes wonder what the person's voice online sounds like. I imagine their voices as they write. I don't think they are very accurate though...:p

My voice on an average daily basis, sounds like a mixture between Mae Whitman's voice(she voices Katara in avatar and Rose in American Dragon) and Grey Disele's(She voices Azula on avatar and Sam Manson in Danny Phantom) voices.

And, you get my voice.

So describe what your voice sounds like here :) or if you want, you can post a clip of your voice here too. Not particullarly singing, just talking.:)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Personally I think I would have a normal everyday kind of voice so to speak. Many people seem to disagree though as I keep being confused with my Mum on the phone, even by close relatives.
If you want to listen to to some GOF members' voices, you can listen to our singing projects. For example here is If we hold on together sung by Action9000, Amethyst, Littlefoot Fan, Petrie, Tobeysan, and me. Can you guess which voice is mine?
 :lol

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Personally I think I would have a normal everyday kind of voice so to speak. Many people seem to disagree though as I keep being confused with my Mum on the phone, even by close relatives.

Some people have told me that as well. That's interesting, I never heard of anyone saying a guy sounded like his mom :^.^: It's kind of cute actually...

Can you guess which voice is mine?

I'm guessing you're the first one that sang? The accent sounded a bit German like to me :p

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
The singing are a good way of figuring out what we each sound like.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Jun 10 2008 on  01:37 PM
The singing are a good way of figuring out what we each sound like.
That's true, but I know that some people sound really different when they sing than when they talk :p So I simply wanted to know what people sounded like when they talked. At a least a description, no has to put in a clip of their voice or anything here if they don't to :p

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Quote from: Rat_lady7,Jun 10 2008 on  04:23 PM

Some people have told me that as well. That's interesting, I never heard of anyone saying a guy sounded like his mom :^.^: It's kind of cute actually...

This is an interesting thread...but I have to say...EVERYONE in my family has confused me with my mother at least once over the phone...even her! :DD :lol

But now on topic:

I just spoke aloud to myself and I'm kinda surprised. It may have been a one time thing, but just now I sounded like a mix between Peter Griffin, and his dog Brian from Family Guy.

If my voice happens to change in the next few minutes I'll edit this post. :lol

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hmm...this one's weird.  I sound like Maculay Culkin in Home Alone, with a Southern dialect added in :lol.

Sometimes folks confuse me over the phone with my sis, and she sounds just like Ali!  How anyone could mix that up is beyond me :bang  :lol.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Jun 10 2008 on  03:40 PM
Hmm...this one's weird.  I sound like Maculay Culkin in Home Alone, with a Southern dialect added in :lol.
:o I figured you had some what of a southern accent. I remember in that Self-Esteem post I made, you wrote "ya'll" as one of your words. And I saw your picture in the AM forum, it looked a bit southern like to me... :^.^: That's interesting...

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
This sounds like a fun topic.  Why don't members post a sound file of what they sound like in their native language an in English?  That would be fun. :yes

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jun 10 2008 on  04:57 PM
This sounds like a fun topic.  Why don't members post a sound file of what they sound like in their native language an in English?  That would be fun. :yes
Good idea :D anyone can do that if they wish, in fact, I'll edit the main post right now.:)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
:D I sound sooooo much different when I talk dutch xD

Can't really decribe it but I have got a sample of it.

http://www.adrive.com/public/0dea44e5c08d7...3cf5fd9dd9.html

Well.. I sound a bit. stupid, but hey That's me:D

When I'm having fun I sound different though ^^

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Jun 10 2008 on  09:26 PM
:D I sound sooooo much different when I talk dutch xD

Can't really decribe it but I have got a sample of it.

http://www.adrive.com/public/0dea44e5c08d7...3cf5fd9dd9.html

Well.. I sound a bit. stupid, but hey That's me:D

When I'm having fun I sound different though ^^
Are you kidding me? I love your accent! :D It's awesome:)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wow Mumbling.  You sound great!  I loved the end part.  That was really funny. :lol

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Oh yeah, Iris, that's the one you recorded for me, so I could know what you sounded like, talking, as compared to singing!  Okay...  yeah...  (Recognized the filename...)

EDIT: Oh, by the way...  Curious about what I sound like?  Check my sig! Matter of fact, my "mic check" voice sample inspired Iris to say something....  I asked her to say something in Dutch, and translate it...!  ;)
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sorry NN, but all I get is background noise if I turn the speakers waaaaaaaay up. <_<

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I'm guessing you're the first one that sang? The accent sounded a bit German like to me
That's right. I sure messed up my "th" when I sang zat song :lol

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Jun 11 2008 on  03:07 AM
I'm guessing you're the first one that sang? The accent sounded a bit German like to me
That's right. I sure messed up my "th" when I sang zat song :lol
Its not an easy thing to do since "th" is practically just air, and there's no hard syllable to it, hence why "the" or "through" is difficult for those who didn't grow up with english as a first language.

I'll see what I can do about a voice clip.  If someone makes a topic, post it in AM. ;)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
haha, okaay.. :^.^:

Yea I made it for you aaron, but now there's a topic about it I'm sure you don't mind posting it here as well, right?