The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What different purchases have you made recently?

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile
A pack of xbox games that I bought from goodwill for $5. I sold them and made $60.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Friendly Sharptooth,Sep 3 2011 on  09:42 AM
Okay, this link might not work. I mean, it does work, but it might not for anyone else. I've never tried linking an eBay item I bought after I bought it. I mean, I wonder if the only reason I can see it is because I have the account that bought it, meaning anyone else who tries looking will get an error or something. I will try. If the link doesn't work, I'll submit the information manually. Quite sad, though, that the shipping is nearly three times the cost of the item. :cry

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160618250015?ssPageName=STRK:null:IT
$107 for shipping!? :blink: I, myself, would like a reasonable explanation as to WHY the shipping is SO much.  Despite what it is, that alone makes me wary to buying it.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Friendly Sharptooth,Sep 3 2011 on  05:42 PM
Okay, this link might not work. I mean, it does work, but it might not for anyone else. I've never tried linking an eBay item I bought after I bought it. I mean, I wonder if the only reason I can see it is because I have the account that bought it, meaning anyone else who tries looking will get an error or something. I will try. If the link doesn't work, I'll submit the information manually. Quite sad, though, that the shipping is nearly three times the cost of the item. :cry

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160618250015?ssPageName=STRK:null:IT
Ouch, that hurts man... But it's a really nice item you got there, congrats! I hope it gets to you in good condition.

I just bought tickets to Heidenfest 2011 in The Netherlands and an exam practice guide for economics.

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Awww, the quote feature doesn't work on my new computer. Oh well. Quotation marks suit me just fine.

"$107 for shipping!? I, myself, would like a reasonable explanation as to WHY the shipping is SO much. Despite what it is, that alone makes me wary to buying it."

I know, right? I can't imagine it being very heavy. I sent a GoF member in another country a package that weighed several pounds, and it was sent expedited, and the shipping cost was much lower. Mm, maybe the economy is worse in that state?

Ouch, that hurts man... But it's a really nice item you got there, congrats! I hope it gets to you in good condition.

Thank you, and I share your hope.  :p

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well let's see, I bought me the first season of MLP:FiM on iTunes, the Tomb Raider Trilogy, the first 3 Tomb Raider games on PS1, Tomb Raider: Legend on PS2, Tomb Raider: Anniversary on PS2, a few books by Stephen King and Michael Crichton, an HDMI cable for the PS3, 30 Seconds to Mars' album This is War, and a very comfortable pillow. Sounds like a lot, but I'm an amazing money saver.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I just bought a book entitled "The Age of Confucian Rule: The Song Transformation of China" by Dieter Kuhn. I am planning on researching the Song Dynasty soon, and figured this a good place to start. Hoping to get some maps on the layouts of ancient Kaifeng and Hangzhou, the two capitals of the Song Dynasty respectively, as there is a chapter in this book dealing with their capital cities.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
The shipping for that item may seem unreasonable, but you'd be surprised how expensive it is to ship a large object like that.  Weight is only part of the equation.  

As for things I've purchased lately, nothing very exciting.  A DVD drive for a laptop I got in a trade-in for free.  For only $27.89 (the cost of the DVD drive) I got an awesome dual core Gateway laptop with 4GB of ram and a 250GB hard drive.  Not a bad deal if I do say so myself.  Oh, and I also got a $14 keyboard for an older dual core Toshiba laptop that I paid $75 for.  As I said, not very exciting.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Oldboy, The President's Last Bang, and The Housemaid. Yeah... going on a Korean film stint right now. :lol :DD

Also, Castle season 3 on DVD, and Body of Proof, season 1.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
4 cute-and-cuddly Pokemon plushies (Lugia, Shadow Lugia, Giratina, and Arceus); a reasonably realistic vampire bat plushy; Stitch! The Movie (for the second time!); and the book Tracking the Chupacabra by Benjamin Radford (it's a good read so far).

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile
I'll be getting Ocarina of Time 3D and Super monkey ball 3D when I get my 3DS

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
3 new Seagate 1TB hard drives for my new master rig, a new keyboard for a Toshiba laptop ($14), and some wire glue.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I recently bought the movie "Soul Surfer" and the latest DS game, "Kirby Mass Attack".  I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy both. :)

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I just bought me a nice pair of Bose IE2 audio headphones and ordered me the Kindle 3G (with special offers ;) ). The headphones are amazing at what they do! And I can't wait for my Kindle. These will be my last big purchases for the remainder of this year. Got to save for Christmas.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yes I'm saving for Christmas as well. Each year I buy my self a expensive gift. Because I work hard for it. So I'm saving up for a 3DS.