The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Hey! Finally watched Journey to Big Water (IX)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Whew!  Finally got to see it, and it cost me $15.98. (That's including tax from a $14.95 DVD.  I have a strange feeling I got a little ripped off. *does the math.* Oh great!  I only got ripped off by 3 cents.)

Anyways, in all respect, I actually liked it.  In all truth, I really liked Mo.  He was really funny. (Just the voice was good for a laugh.) :lol The realistic graphics they put in were spectacular. (The huge log Cera had to push actually looked real.) And the songs with the original music melody of "If We Hold On Together" were really good.  To be honest, I don't understand why such a series gets bad reviews.

Of course, with it being on my Christmas list, I really know I should've waited, but you don't understand how hard it is to get this video in my town. (I really think I got the last one that wasn't bought to be honest.)

Yes, I've got the videos I haven't seen on my list. (Oh, BTW, great job whoever did the artwork at top.)

Let's see, that just leaves 7, 8 and 10.

Anyways, back on topic, great movie, and I will definately watch it again when I get the chance.

Just my own comments on this that I wanted to express.

You have permission to do with this topic as you wish. :)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
For the time being LBT 9 was the last LBT movie I really loved without any reservation. When I saw the cover for the first time I was quite biassed against it. Mo looked to me like a shrill coloured Pokemon with no business in LBT, but when I watched the movie it didn't disturb me at all.
The story of LBT 9 is simple, but they realized it much better than in case of some more elaborate plot lines. The music too was very good in my opinion. No song I didn't like. "No one has to be alone" is one of my absolute favorites and "Imaginary friend" is quite nice too.
There are several very emotional scenes in this movie and quite impressive a swimming sharptooth.
Did you realize there were a few paralells between LBT 9s final fight with the swiming sharptooth and the final fight with the sharptooth in the original movie?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Dec 1 2005 on  02:41 AM
For the time being LBT 9 was the last LBT movie I really loved without any reservation. When I saw the cover for the first time I was quite biassed against it. Mo looked to me like a shrill coloured Pokemon with no business in LBT, but when I watched the movie it didn't disturb me at all.
The story of LBT 9 is simple, but they realized it much better than in case of some more elaborate plot lines. The music too was very good in my opinion. No song I didn't like. "No one has to be alone" is one of my absolute favorites and "Imaginary friend" is quite nice too.
There are several very emotional scenes in this movie and quite impressive a swimming sharptooth.
Did you realize there were a few paralells between LBT 9s final fight with the swiming sharptooth and the final fight with the sharptooth in the original movie?
Really?  Huh, I'm gonna have to watch the movie again in that case. (Only thing is that with work, I only get to watch movies on Tuesdays and Wedensdays. *sighs* How I wish I had my old schedule back.)

Anyways, yeah, "No One Has To Be Alone" was a great song.  They often put in ones that touch the heart.  LBT definately has the potential to go on forever.  If only money wasn't an issue. ;_;

Oh, and being a fan of Pokemon, to be fully honest, Mo just doesn't look like one to me.  The artists have a special style when it comes to the artwork of Pokemon and Mo doesn't reflect that.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
First off, congrats on getting the film and enjoying it.  It wasn't too bad at all.  Mo's voice certainly is unique, and his coloring looked pretty darn good on an LCD screen.  :lol:  Mo is certainly no edgy-styled Pokemon (think Pikachu tail) or overly simplistic either.

Secondly, IMO, always check amazon first! If you click here you'll see that a used copy can be bought for $7 and shipping is about $3 depending on the seller.  Sure you have to wait a couple of days but if you did this method with the other three you don't have, you can save a good chunk of change since those three are not the real "popular" episodes per se.

LBT 7 - $7.39 at amazon (used)
LBT 8 - $6.76 at amazon (used)
LBT 10 - $6.99 at amazon (used)

If you're cash strapped like me, those are decent deals in terms of used dvds.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey, just a little something that's been bugging me lately.

What species is the villain in this one?  He looks a lot like a crocodile, but with those flippers, he's definately not.

Even though I've seen it nearly 10 times, I still get chocked up when the villain chases Mo in that thunderstorm scene.

This has become my favorite out of all the sequals, and it's one that is here to stay. :)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I think the "villain" is a Liopleurodon. Actually he is not too much of a villain, but more of a natural enemy who (thank goodness) came across quite impressive in my opinion.
As I said before I really like LBT 9 very, very much. For the sake of completeness I'll just mention a few mistakes in the realism of the story. I could live with those mistakes though I suppose I couldn't accept them in a written story (seems like I'm less lenient if it comes to written words).
Why is it that Petrie couldn't fly accross the landbreak? He could've just flown a bit higher (as he did to find the Big Water). Also none of the grownups (e.g. Petrie's mother) seemed to even think of getting across the landbreak to contact the children (they could have easily talked across the landbreak to figure out a way to get across. Altogether the ultimate reason for Littlefoot and the others (well, at least for the others) to get Mo back to Big Water was that they had to leave the Great Valley themselves to get home again. That reason, I must say, was a makeshift reason. They could have done better.
Another funny thing is that apparently Mo's waterkin knows the way to the Great Valley from a point from where Littlefoot and the others don't. It seems there must have been some really bad flooding around the Great Valley :lol:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think the "villain" is a Liopleurodon. Actually he is not too much of a villain, but more of a natural enemy who (thank goodness) came across quite impressive in my opinion.

Still, I can't help but call him a villain with the way he was.  He was just so scary! :o (I still get nightmares from seeing him. -_-)  Aside from Sharptooth, he's probably the greatest LBT villain ever! :) (I LOVE villains that scare me. :D)

Oh, and thanks for the species name.  It was really bugging me. -_-

Why is it that Petrie couldn't fly accross the landbreak? He could've just flown a bit higher (as he did to find the Big Water).

Well he did make this little complaint...

"AH!  Too hot!!  Too hot!!" *lands back with the gang* "Nevermind!"

Basically, with how hot it was, he was just too scared to cross. :P:

Another funny thing is that apparently Mo's waterkin knows the way to the Great Valley from a point from where Littlefoot and the others don't. It seems there must have been some really bad flooding around the Great Valley

Or maybe other dinosaurs passing by along the way told them or something. :p

I guess we'll never know. :^.^: