The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Member Appreciation Thread

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Okay.  I'm ready to write some more.  I'm going to write about a lot of members but I like to write as much as possible on each individual so It'll take me some time and a few posts.  Anyways, let's go!

Malte:  This user is very understanding about most matters.  He gets upset sometimes, but his anger isn't very substantial and he cools down very quickly.  This is an admirable quality, especially since some members have done more than enough to provoke him (myself and some banned members included).  I don't know how fast he really types, but it must be fast seeing as he writes very long posts.  What I like about Malte is although his posts are long, he doesn't use "garbage" sentences.  What I mean by that is he doesn't repeat stuff in a different way to emphasize its meaning.  That really bothers me when people write really long posts and just say the same thing 3 or 4 times in different ways.  Not many members here do that, but I know a lot of them on other forums.  Anyways, Malte seems to be way above average intelligence.  He is the most fluent non-native speaker I've ever known.  I'd wager if we did an English exam that we'd be just about even in the scores, which I consider to be very impressive since I consider English to be one of my stronger subjects.  I also like the fact that Malte supports LBT only fanfictions.  Those are the only kind I really like as well.  I don't know Malte as well as I should, but I contribute most of the blame on our geographical locations.  When it's 3am here it's like 8pm there or something like that so communicating via MSN is nearly impossible.  I do know that like 99% of the world, Malte is not a computer person.  It seems that the only common grounds we have is our love for LBT and the fact that we share almost the same moral values.  If I ever do start a community like a forum of my own, I know that I'd be lucky if I could get someone like Malte as an admin.  People with his quality of character are difficult to find these days......

Sky:  I know VERY little about this member, so not much can really be written.  I've noticed that he is understanding of other peoples point of views.  Art seems to be one of his strong points.  God knows I couldn't do what he does.  I've also noticed that this member isn't very active except in the art topics (he might also be involved in the gaming or music forums.  I don't know.  I don't spend any time in those sections).  I guess this could be contributed to his work.  He doesn't seem to be the most LBT-obsessed person around, but I'm sure he still loves it.  I've never personally chatted with this member, so I can't be 100% sure about any more ideas that I have about this person.

Cancerian Tiger:  I must say that this member intrigues me.  Her username confused me at first until I read her post about it.  Your avatar makes you seem even more mysterious.  I must admit that I've jumped to some conclusions about you, but I doubt any of them are right.  I know you're a big Cera fan.  It's nice to have some of them around.  I love Cera too.  You don't seem to judgmental to me, but like a lot of members here, I haven't spoken to you personally.  Honestly, I have over 50 MSN contacts and I hate to keep having to ask people who the heck they are.  I am now very selective about who I contact over MSN.  You seem to be very outspoken and I must say from what I've seen of your character, I genuinely like you.

Petrie:  So it comes to the big cheese. :D I know we didn't start off very good.  I was a jerky noob for a while there.  I have tried to improve my behavior over the past year and I think I've made some progress.  I can see that you are a person who is understanding for the most part and I have never disagreed with your decisions regarding any matter (well, except for the background change.  It took me a while to get used to it).  You're a good admin and I'm glad you started this site.  Overall I can tell you're a guy who lives more offline than online.  This is something that's pretty uncommon here from what I've noticed.  You seem a lot more grounded and "down to earth" when it comes to most matters.  I don't know what it is about you, but you seem to be more mature than any other member I know (no offense intended to our older members.  Ya just have too much kid in ya I guess).  You have chosen to freeze the world of LBT by not watching any of the newer movies.  Although I do not share your opinions about LBT, I do respect them.  I can understand why the newer sequels don't appeal to you so much.  You seem to just learn what you need and disregard what you don't.  This is typically what most people do that aren't in their teens anymore so that's not abnormal.  Nothing much bothers you.  You're easygoing overall.  I think I've seen you get angry once or twice, but I can't really remember too well.  I think I know what it is about you.  Almost everyone around here acts like they're a teen even when they're not, but you don't.  I guess it's because you've actually had to live a life and you've been out there despite not being very old at all.  I've honestly never seen any real strong burning passions in you.  You seem to dabble in almost everything.  You're a difficult guy to explain.  I'm probably doing it very badly, but I'm not too good at this sort of stuff.  You're not one of those people that has to have more than they need.  Ya know, like I want the fastest computer possible and the biggest monitor money can buy, but you seem to just live life and get by with what you need.  You were obviously really obsessed with LBT at one time seeing as you have around 7,000 posts.  You don't really make topics regarding LBT anymore.  I guess you kinda got kicked back in your so called "old age".  Okay.  That was a dumb thing to say.  You're like 23. :p The concluding thoughts I have are that you are very nice and understanding like 99% of the members here and it's nice to be able to get onto your community and talk to decent people for a change.  I owe you a lot.

Whoooo!  Another post for another day!  I'm sick of typing!  Besides, I've got to find more members to write about. :^.^:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Malte - Noted for his logical and essay like posts and outstanding oratory abilities.

Sky - Noted for his extraordinary drawing skills.

DarkHououmon - Noted for her insightful posts and excellent writing and storytelling abilities.

Threehorn - Noted for his thrilling RPs (not an RP player but I treat them like a novel), great art and awesome LBT fan fiction.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Jul 17 2008 on  01:40 PM
Aaron (NeptuneNavigator) - you're a tough cookie to read.  I never can tell how you feel or why things are talked about, but yet they are, without a care of how someone will react.  To be so open to others takes courage to do, and I'm thankful you did so that I could help you out with life's problems.  You don't get good answers by hiding behind a person you are not.  I admire your honesty.
Thanks, Adam. :) I guess I'm just making up for lost time! :D Yeah, I still don't have all the courage in the world, but thanks.  ...I guess I'm rather an enigma at times; must be a defense throwback from the ex-stepdad days or something, I don't know.  And as far as honesty goes, well, honesty is the only way to go...  I must walk in the light, and I do my best to do so. ;) Hmm; maybe I just don't quite know how to open up to you quite so well...  ...That goes for a lot of you swell people unfortunately, but, one of you is the exception. ;)
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I just appreciate most, if not nearly all or all, of the members here in various ways.  To avoid doing a very long post, which is not my style, doing short posts is, I"ll just thank everyone.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey. This forum is really one of the best ones out there in terms of the people here. While everyone is diverse and has their own aspects and opinions and personality, everyone here is united as well, mainly by simply having the same favorite movie:The Land Before Time.

Since I came here, I noticed a lot more going on here than LBT talk. Real-world debates and roleplays and simple small talk made this place a community. Of the many people on the forum, I have to thank the mods and admins for, well, making the place what it is. I don't really want to leave a huge post, so I won't list names. You know who you are.

I came here to post an experimental fanfic and get some more reviews. In addition, however, I bcame part of a commnity that is, if nothing else, a place for like-minded people to come share their ideas and love for a particular movie with others. I speak truthfully when I say this is a rare thing in the world, and I hope it continues for a long, long time.

Long live the GOF!

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Second that. I am not going to post something here, because I don¥t want to forget anyone or hurt someone feelings.

I like all the people here. Sure there are different minds, opinions, whatelse. But wouldn¥t it be boring if everyone would be like others, I mean the same. I don¥t think so. We all have our little problems. But that¥s normal, that¥s what us make humans.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nimrod,Jul 18 2008 on  07:12 AM
Second that. I am not going to post something here, because I don¥t want to forget anyone or hurt someone feelings.
ahem...let me clarify something here...

*NO FAVORTISM INTENDED* If you don't want to post, that's fine, but this is about writing nice things about members. If someone gets offended because there name is isn't shown here, well, that's their problem.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I do understand patrick's idea though. I wasn't sure about posting too, ealier.

I also want to say I appreciate Adam(Petrie)'s help very much. He created this place, kept it alive. He helped me with converting .wav files into .mp3 files :D .

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
I have no problem with it Ratlady. I just was writing what I think. That¥s all. And I wrote a reason why I am not going to post something here. Nothing else. I just wanted to make sure that this is understandable.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Truthfully, there isn't much I can say about other members besides what has already been said here. Besides, I don't personally know much about any of the other members, so anything that I do have to say, it isn't much. Anyway, this place is great, and everyone seems to have their part to play to make this forum a great place. That's just about all I can think of saying for now.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nimrod,Jul 18 2008 on  01:40 PM
I have no problem with it Ratlady. I just was writing what I think. That¥s all. And I wrote a reason why I am not going to post something here. Nothing else. I just wanted to make sure that this is understandable.
I didn't mean to sound harsh Nimrod. I just wanted to let you know that you don't HAVE to worry about what other people may think. That's good that you are concerned for the other person's well being, I do too. However, what I believe is that the only reason why anyone would be offended if their name wasn't listed was because of not their feelings, but ego.

So, let's agree to disagree and go about our lives. :)

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
And there was much rejoicing...

Just for the record, I'm not posting either, though my reasons aren't quite as noble as some of the other's. I just don't feel like I know enough people here to write a complete list.

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
i can't thank anyboby like the chronicler said i don't know much of you guys, and i have an MSN adress but that is as dusty as my grandma's dentures,

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I am temporarily back.

Malte279: I have had some good discussions with you on certain topics in the "After Midnight" forum. I just wanted to thank you for that. It has helped me look at the world in a different way.

-----

Kor, GVG, Starfall, Threehorn, and the other RPers: Thanks for RPing with me. It has been a great time with you guys.

-----

HUGS ALL AROUND!!!

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sorry I could not get to this topic sooner :bang.

I like everybody on the GOF, yet there are only a few members I feel I know better than the others.

Malte:  If there is anyone more outspoken than myself(that's a compliment) and knows how to stir up interesting conversations in any topic, it is Malte.  He knows how to debate peacefully and speak his mind at the same time.  He is also very welcoming of new members.  I definitely appreciated him sending the manuscripts of two of his fanfics.  They are awesome and I can't ever put them down when I read them.  Malte is a member I've really come to enjoy discussing topics with.  He's even shed a different light on some of my views, which I very much appreciate.

Rat_Lady7:  She is a member I have really grown to like :yes.  I at first thought the two of us would end up as quarreling members when I had gotten angry over her feelings about Cera, but I realized I was wrong in discounting her opinion and feel as though we've come a long way since :^.^:.  She also starts new topics often, which makes her appear to be an active and enthused member of the GOF.

Landbeforetimelover:  He seems to be a really cool guy and does his best to help us out if there is ever a technical problem going on.  It helps he knows so much about computers.  He will be very successful in his future endeavers :yes.  It is also nice to know another die-hard Cera fan exists on the GOF :D.  He's a fun guy to have on the GOF and is a member I enjoy conversing with.

Pokeplayer:  Another Cera fan :^.^:.  He is another active member, and frequently brings up interesting points in topic discussions.  He appears to be a sensitive fellow, as evidenced by his dream regarding Ducky under the "LBT Dream" topic(I feel so bad he had to have that dream :cry).  I am very sensitive myself, and therefore can relate to Pokeplayer in that sense :yes.  He has also started some very good fanfics.  If only they would be updated soon :angry:!  Nah, I know what writer's block is, and it sucks, so I understand.  He is a nice member to have around, and a great fanfiction writer who sticks truly to the LBT series and settings B).

DarkHououmon:  Although I have not come to know her very well, she does come up with awesome LBT music vids, and I love the choice of songs she uses.  She is also a terrific writer; very descriptive.  Her stories make me feel as though I am witnessing and living the stories and not reading them :yes.  "Out of the Shadows" is very intricately written.  While it is way too sad for me(no criticism intended), that also means it is good 'cuz few stories make me cry :blink:.  Hopefully I can get to know DarkHououmon better on the GOF.

Kor:  He is just a friendly, good-natured, all-around pleasant guy to have on the GOF.  I did not realize his age before, and that amazes me how, despite the generation gap, he shares an interest in LBT and seems to enjoy talking with a bunch of millenials :yes.  A very easy-going member here :^.^:.

Mumbling:  Look under the definition of the word "sweetheart" in the Webster, and it should rightfully say "Mumbling."  She's very sweet, cares for others, and is talented in the arts :yes.  Keep it up, Mumbling :^.^:!

NeptuneNavigator2001:  He feels like the sibling I never had, like an older brother who shares a lot of views in common with me.  He's had his difficulties in life and yet still seems like a very kind young man whose faith has never been shaken.  Hang in there, bud ;).

That's all I can type for now.  I'll post more later.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
:DD Aww.. Thank you..

I also wanted to say I appreciate Malte's history lessons :p Seriously, I do :yes  :^.^:

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Thank you, Cancerian Tiger, for your kind words posted here... :)  I appreciate them... ;) And you, too! :)
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Thanks from me too Cancarian Tiger :)
You are certainly one of those I was thinking of when I wrote that there are members whom I would love to get to know better :yes

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Thanks so much for saying all those things about me CT.  It made me feel so good. ;)