The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Tell us something about yourself!

action9000 · 2432 · 148923

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I apparently know how to mix spices. I just wowed some of my friends with a mixture of garlic powder, pepper, sea salt, honey and lime on some pork chops.  :D
I have to admit, they were delicious. The only bad thing is, I forgot to write down the amount I used for each :(

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
I have been baking A LOT of muffins lately. :P:

To elaborate: In the past several months I've been trying my hand at various recipes from a cookbook-in-progress that my former college will be publishing for their centennial (I've been helping out by organizing and proofreading the recipes), and recently came across an excellent recipe for plain muffins with additional instructions on how to make several flavor variations. So far I've done blueberry muffins, lemon poppyseed muffins (these actually weren't included in the recipe, so I improvised them myself! :smile), carrot-raisin muffins, apple muffins (last night I made a batch with three different kinds of apples! :D), and a couple of chocolate chip and plain muffins alongside some batches. So far the poppyseed and apple muffins are most popular with my family.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I can attest that when people say "in real life there isn't anybody who talks like in any particular movie or show or whatever", they are full of s---.

Why? Because I was point blank told by a foreigner (Hong Kong) that I sounded like I had walked off the set of The Sopranos. Okay, I admit that I do have a fairly strong New Jersey accent.

Oddly enough, my mom says I have a VERY slight Southern/Texas drawl as well.  This may come from the fact that my best friend's mother is Texan and I spend quite a lot of time in the South.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i've been told that i have an english accent
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I generally loathe the genre of fantasy. In particular, I HATE the genre of high fantasy (Lord of the Rings, etc.)

I do LOVE thrillers and harder science fiction and especially military science fiction.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: MrDrake,Sep 18 2011 on  04:46 AM
I'm, in a sense, afraid of horse.  Mainly for the fact that if I walk behind them....that they'll give me a good old boot to the face.  And not to mention I don't like riding them either.  Tried it when I was a kid, got scared when it started trotting and haven't really ridden a horse since.

I think I'll keep it that way too :unsure:

And yes, I am 23.  23 and afraid to ride horses :(
I can understand why someone would be afraid of horses, for me its the other way around. After all, the advantage of rising a horse is that you never feel lonely.

P.S. Never refer to an animal as 'it', its kind of speciest(yes, that is an actual word).

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've been asked if I was born in England since I've been told I have an accent.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I speak like a Southerner, and this is reflected in my character in the "In The Land Before Time" RP.  However, my mother is from Michigan and I spent ages nine through seventeen living in the Chicago area and in Michigan, so I also have a bit of a Northern sound as well.  Many pick up right away that I'm from the South originally, but some have also asked me if I'm from Wisconsin or somewhere around there :blink:.  I've even gotten comments by folks saying they can't pinpoint what part of the country I'm from 'cuz I sound like I speak in multiple dialects.

I also love baking :smile.  My next baking goal is to make a pumpkin pie from actual sugar pumpkins instead of canned pumpkin.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I take the easy way out and buy the canned pumpkin. It's a pain to peel pull the stuff out and mash. All you do with canned pumpkin is open the can and dump into a bowl.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: Belmont2500,Sep 24 2011 on  12:05 AM
P.S. Never refer to an animal as 'it', its kind of speciest(yes, that is an actual word).
*Iron Headdesk*

Yeah, I am extremely suspicious of people that mention speciesism with regards to real world animals or don't use "it" with regards to animals. Mainly because most of those people I met are completely f---ing insane.

-------------------

On a side note, I love choral music, especially the ones with the powerful choir (Duel of the Fates, Red Alert 3's Soviet March, etc.)

ChaoticMistress

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm obsessed with reading large amount of literature and the majority of it came from reading fanfiction and role-playing...  :lol

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Belmont2500,Sep 24 2011 on  04:05 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean.  I only say it without realizing it, as I usually, if ever, never do mean it.  Heck, I have a cat as it is, well, not with me, she's back at my mum's place and all, and I don't even refeer to her as an "it" either.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
^ How about simply using it so long the gender is unknown? There is nothing "specieist about that. It is what we do when refering to a human child too whose gender we do not know, isn't it?

ChaoticMistress

• Petrie
    • View Profile
((Please excuse any improper grammar, I currently don't have any access to Microsoft Word.))

Strangely, I'm okay with sharing my real name and my personal information (however, I only answer in vague descriptions) throughout the internet. Yet, I become suspicious and sometimes even paranoid, when somebody outside of school asks me random questions out of the blue. And I will most likely shy away and become reluctant to answer, even if I'm acquainted with the person already. I think it's mostly due to me being a self-conscious individual, and for the fact that I get embarrassed and often nervous around people I barely know. I usually don't mean to do so and I am quite a friendly person when you give me an opportunity to show it. But, I just can't help doing so and it's hard for me to open up to anybody unless given a certain amount of time. And most times it's mind boggling and even annoying when I want to be included in several activities, and whenever I want to voice out my ideas... My mind decides to go blank when doing so...

So most times, I often try not to say too much during class. But since I act on pure impulse, I tend to nearly blurt out my answers when asked a question by others, without thoroughly thinking out my words. Sometimes even stumbling and repeating several words while speaking, and it's quite aggravating since most of my peers cannot understand me and cannot take me seriously.

As you can see, it's not something that a thirteen-year-old like me wants to put up with everyday... >.<

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

ChaoticMistress

• Petrie
    • View Profile
(Sorry, for the late reply... DX)

You can say that again my friend, you can say that again... :(

Anyway, I'll give out a more generic and happy fact about myself now! :smile

I like chocolate ice cream... Yeah, I know that was a horrendously lame fact and statement... :lol:

But, as you can see (look and compare my last post)... I don't have a whole lot to say today, and generally just want to act childish.   :lol