The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Who are your favrouite animals in cartoons?

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Not gonna count Ducky from LBT here, since we all know and love her already.

Starlight Glimmer has to take top spot as my favorite character in MLP:FiM and probably my favorite animal character in any cartoon. I loved her stint as a villain and her struggles to overcome her sociopathic tendencies to become a better person, and her friendship with Trixie breathed new life into both characters and let them become one of the best duos on the show.

Second place has to go to Mrs. Brisby from The Secret of NIMH. She's thrust into such a violent world and a harrowing storyline despite being one of the most vulnerable characters in the movie, but she pushes ever-onward through her fears to help the people she loves. She's resourceful, caring, and selfless, and 100% earned that happy ending the hard way.

And finally, I know this one's weird, but I love how the "Inspector Javert" role in Tangled is played by Maxwell the horse. The fact that the human constables won't listen to him, so he decides to go off and catch Flynn Rider all on his own adds a great dynamic to his narrative role and the challenges he has to overcome in his investigation. I wish they'd given him more to do in the series, they did a great job finding ways to keep Pascal the Chameleon relevant (another animal character I really like), but Maxwell was often relegated to the background.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
SkullMeramon! He’s the only one I’ve ever owned, I haven’t played the games or watched the show but I somehow got ahold of his holographic trading card and stored it with my Pokémon cards. It was a running gag where I’d play him in the middle of Pokémon TCG matches against my friends just for a quick laugh before playing my real turn. That card’s probably still in my childhood desk at my parents house.

Is he any good? I have no idea how digimon plays, is he like a powerful card or meta relevant in any way? Lol
« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 06:08:02 PM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
have you ever listened to Chalino Sanchez?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Have you ever seen The Wild from 2006?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
No, I haven’t. Should I? Been looking for other animated films of that ilk, I really enjoyed Back to the Outback and The Sea Beast and was planing on watching The Bad Guys next.

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It depends, it's not as bad as what people say it is but it's not terrific either.

The Wild has the same plot line as Madagascar but the idea for The Wild was thought of before Madagascar. The film The Wild came out a year year though so people think that Disney stole the idea from DreamWorks when it was actually the other way round.

Compsognathus

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
If you could be friend with any cartoon character, who would it be?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Probably a Rotom from Pokemon. Not only can he inhabit appliances, powering my computer during a powerout etc, he could join me in cyberspace and we could play games together or hang out online. And in the realm of pokemon battling, he's got amazing typing (Electric/Ghost) and can even inhabit 5 different appliances to shuffle around his secondary typing, plus his ability (Levitate) makes him immune to Electric's primary weakness, Ground. In later games he can even possess Pokedexes, cellphones, and bicycles to give them additional noncombat functionalities!

Just an all-around kickass Pokemon, I considered Rotom my favorite long before Sun and Moon massively boosted Rotom's profile and now he gets the same level of representation as Charizard or Pikachu across the canon.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 11:50:57 AM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Compsognathus

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Do you like more scaled, or feathered dinosaurs?

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Have you ever watched any of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 01:27:45 PM by Enchanted-Valley96 »

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Do you like more scaled, or feathered dinosaurs?

I have to say scaled, but only because I remember them from my childhood so I have a soft spot for them even if they’re scientifically inaccurate. They’re just so visually striking as giant murder reptiles, I love stories that revolve around them.

Have you ever watched any of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies?

I think I saw the first one way back in the day, I’ve been meaning to watch the others. I heard it’s a good series, and I don’t remember any problems with the one I saw

What's the biggest city you been to?

Just wanted to update this answer, I totally forgot my parents took me to Dubai when I was very young. I don’t remember anything of the trip, but apparently I really liked the Burj Khalifa even though it was only just starting construction at the time.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 05:49:23 PM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Compsognathus

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Do you prefer Digimon or Pokémon more?

gutza1

• Chomper
    • View Profile
What strategy games are you currently playing, if any?
"This song is new to me, but I am honored to be a part of it."
-Solanum

The Mr. E's science advisor and the GoF's resident spaceflight enthusiast

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Do you prefer Digimon or Pokémon more?

Gotta say Pokémon, mainly because I have a long and seasoned career in various Poképroperties whereas I’ve never even played Digimon, and only owned a single Digimon card in my whole life. In contrast I’ve played every generation of Pokémon, was a professional Pokemon GO journalist for a few years, and am the first ever person to beat Pokémon Red with only a Magikarp.

What strategy games are you currently playing, if any?

Fire Emblem Three Houses is my current Switch game of choice, and man is it a great game. Blown away by how many different dialogue options they have, and the cutscene capability to just handle major characters being killed off in previous battles. It really makes your playthrough feel different from everyone else’s. I’m also replaying my favorite RTS of all time Impossible Creatures, and it’s so great, you get to construct your own units using the body parts of various animals. Some of my favorite inventions are antobsters (lobsters with ant heads that can burrow underground and regenerate health), killeenas (hyenas with killer whale heads that have a ranged sonar attack and can swim), and scortures (scorpion vultures that fly, sting, and get pack bonuses.) I made all those, your creatures are gonna be completely different! Everyone should play it at least once, it was so ahead of it’s time.

gutza1

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on February 03, 2023, 05:40:04 AM
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on February 03, 2023, 05:40:04 AM

Fire Emblem Three Houses is my current Switch game of choice, and man is it a great game. Blown away by how many different dialogue options they have, and the cutscene capability to just handle major characters being killed off in previous battles. It really makes your playthrough feel different from everyone else’s. I’m also replaying my favorite RTS of all time Impossible Creatures, and it’s so great, you get to construct your own units using the body parts of various animals. Some of my favorite inventions are antobsters (lobsters with ant heads that can burrow underground and regenerate health), killeenas (hyenas with killer whale heads that have a ranged sonar attack and can swim), and scortures (scorpion vultures that fly, sting, and get pack bonuses.) I made all those, your creatures are gonna be completely different! Everyone should play it at least once, it was so ahead of it’s time.

In that case, there's another game called the Eternal Cylinder you might enjoy. It has a lot of LBT-esque themes as well.
"This song is new to me, but I am honored to be a part of it."
-Solanum

The Mr. E's science advisor and the GoF's resident spaceflight enthusiast

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Dude this looks awesome, I bought it and I'll let you know what I think!

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Do you think Ducky is the cutest character in the Land Before Time franchise?