The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Thanks for the question! :D

I sadly have never gotten to visit Spain, though I really want to someday. I've visited a fair amount of European countries (England, Scotland, France, Germany, Italy, Belgium, Norway, and the Vatican) and actually will be moving to Germany in about a year with my boyfriend. (Spain was actually on our shortlist for where to move, but the tipping point was that Spanish citizenship requires giving up your previous citizenship, and we'd rather be able to return to the US if we ever need to.)

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
What's your favouite thing at McDonald's food item?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
What's your favouite thing at McDonald's food item?

The mythical Rolo McFlurry, which I've never had. Rolos are among my favorite candy, and the McFlurry version came out as a limited-edition in 2012, but the one time I was able to visit McDonalds during the event I was told they'd run out of Rolos. So I got a generic M&M McFlurry instead.

Funny enough, I got a second chance when I flew to Great Britain later that year and discovered the event hadn't ended over there! But when I went to British McDonalds, that restaurant was out of Rolos as well! In the end I can only imagine what one would taste like, haha

(The other funny thing that happened was when I ordered an M&M McFlurry at the British McDonalds and they said they don't sell those. So I asked what they did sell, and they listed several candies, including Smarties. Being American, I thought, "Smarties? Those would be disgusting in a McFlurry! I've got to try one." So I ordered it, and imagine my surprise when they hand me an M&M McFlurry!)

ManOfWar GT

• Spike
  • He/him
    • View Profile

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
No, you're not annoying, you remind me a lot of myself when I was younger. Mostly looking for people to reply to or acknowledge you, also very creative and churning out a lot of different media (videos, memes, GIFs, animations) trying to figure out what people will pay attention to. They're good instincts, they're the same ones that led to me developing a YouTube channel and eventually getting hired as a fulltime video editor. So keep doing that, figuring out what content you enjoy making and expanding your online portfolio. The views will just keep coming so long as you don't stop, and before long you'll be getting tens of thousands of hits on your content. Lord knows you're starting out earlier than I did

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Don’t really have a strong opinion on this one, I admit, they both have a lot of incredible media. I’m definitely more familiar with Disney, recently saw and really enjoyed Encanto, especially the soundtrack. I think “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” is gonna win the Oscar for best original song this year

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Do you prefer wired or wireless earphones/headphones?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 04:18:17 PM by Enchanted-Valley96 »

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I bought my first pair of wireless headphones in 2013 and they were just awful, constantly cutting out and losing connection. Haven’t used ‘em since, though I assume the tech is vastly improved. I just want to be able to rely on my tech to do its job when I need it to

ManOfWar GT

• Spike
  • He/him
    • View Profile
would you rather be in level ! or level fun.

(do you know anything about the backrooms)

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Modern movies or pre-21st century movies?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
would you rather be in level ! or level fun.

(do you know anything about the backrooms)

I pick whichever level Mr Clean is on.

(For reals, while I'm not at all versed on any lore, I do like the original image as one of my favorite creepypastas, mainly due to its simplicity and the unsettingly-drab origin image. The stained-yellow filter and tilted camera angle are subtle changes that nonetheless do a great job enhancing the off-putting intention of the scene. I'm legit sad we'll never know where the original photo was taken, even though that's the whole point.)

Modern movies or pre-21st century movies?

Man that's a tough call. Modern movies have gotten truly incredible with their special effects, graphical fidelity and envelope-pushing stunts, but pre-21st century movies (at least the ones that withstood the test of time) are truly remarkable because they had to work within the technological limitations of the time. The incredible accomplishments of artists like Georges Méliès, Buster Keaton, and Ray Harryhausen are all the more incredible considering how their films pioneered never-before-seen levels of cinematic spectacle. I consider Twelve Angry Men to be my personal favorite film, so I think I'd have to go with the latter, but I do consider myself blessed to live in a time where I get to enjoy both.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 07:39:01 AM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Hell yeah! Funny enough, I'm more familiar with Enrique Iglesias' version because my parents attended the Festival de Viña where he performed it in Chile 1999:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVIa8veU6JI

My family was a huge fan of his music so I heard them constantly growing up, "Miente" was probably my personal favorite.

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Have you ever listened to The Beatles?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I daresay everyone has, haha. "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" is probably my favorite song of theirs as it was playing on the radio when I first met my boyfrend in 2009, we met up at the Panda Express in the UCSB rec center to study together, as we'd each taken the Dinosaurs class to fulfill our college's math requirement. (I still wonder if the college meant for that class to fulfill the math requirement, there was barely any math in it)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 09:28:52 PM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
What do you think of the band Queen?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Too many timeless classics to list, they'll forever be one of the world's greatest bands. My favorite song by theirs has to be a tie between "Don't Stop Me Now" and "Bohemian Rhapsody", even though I know that's the most cliche answer anyone could possibly give. Their music is just too good, man

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Have you seen the 1978 film Grease?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 04:06:50 PM by Enchanted-Valley96 »