The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I've only seen a few of them, Mulan was really disappointing compared to the original because it completely misunderstood the reasons Mulan was a strong character (she wasn't a sword-slinging mystical warrior with abnormally-high chi, she was an ordinary woman who used her wits/guile to think her way out of intense situations), and Alice in Wonderland didn't really bring anything new to the table, plus it proliferated the now-widespread misbelief that the jabberwocky was an actual character in the original novel.

The only one I liked was The Lion King but not as a movie, more as a tech demo. It feels like one of those surreal YouTube videos you'd stumble across with the name "If the Lion King were live-action" by a well-respected solo animator and the comments are all ironically saying "Disney should make this a real thing" because it's such a bizarre idea. I'm glad it exists and I got to watch it, but don't think it was a good movie by any typical metric.

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Did you watch Inside Out?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 09:20:53 AM by Enchanted-Valley96 »

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I did and I wasn't terribly impressed. The plot just seemed really predictable and it moved really slowly. Though I do have to say, I have several friends who say it helped them come to terms with their own emotions, so it's apparently a film that did good things for a lot of people, but I'd already heavily-explored the concepts they touched on and found their treatment of the subject matter surface-level at best. So I ultimately just think it wasn't the film for me.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Haha our answers are finally in sync again :P

I know the White Album is a really cliche answer, but it has some of my favorite songs by them, including my second-favorite Beatles song, “Obla-Di Obla-Da” (my favorite, “A Hard Day’s Night”, wasn’t for any specific album but a feature film they produced)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I gotta go with Ducky, she's my favorite character in the series. Always so chipper and a voice of positivity among the core gang. Ruby's great for what she is, I'm just not sure the gang needed a "mentor figure", though I can't deny she's convenient as a mouthpiece for the moral of every episode. It's also kinda cool to have a babysitter character who actually goes on the adventures, usually they get sidelined or are locked out of the loop in children's media.

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Have you ever seen the series Redwall?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I haven't, though I've heard really good things. I really should try it at some point, it's got a ton of different things I really enjoy in fiction (though I admit I usually go for sci-fi over fantasy, there are plenty of fantasy worlds I nevertheless enjoy)

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Where is your favrouite country to go on holiday to?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Scotland was so great, we visited Hadrian’s Wall, the site of Braveheart’s Last Stand, and many famous locations from folk songs and historical figures. Was definitely my favorite country for seeing historical landmarks. To say nothing of the Highlands with its adorable long-haired cows!

For tourism/relaxing fun times, Venice was such an incredible sight, we saw it on the same trip as Rome. Riding the canals and attending festivals was such an incredible sight to see.

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I have some close links to Scotland.

Have you ever been to the USA?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 06:58:35 AM by Enchanted-Valley96 »

Compsognathus

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
 I haven't, but I really should, any clips I see from the show are hilarious and it's my exact style of humor. I wasn't allowed to watch TV growing up so I'm woefully under-exposed to classic cartoons, it was one reason I first got into LBT as I was allowed to watch animated movies, so it was the closest thing I had to a "TV show" in terms of sheer volume of content.

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Have you ever listened to the rock band Kiss?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Sadly I know next to nothing about Kiss. You have any songs of theirs you’d recommend? The only thing I remember about them is that extended Dr. Pepper Cherry campaign they were part of in the ‘00s

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Rock and Roll All Nite, Detroit Rock City and Shout It Out Loud.

Have you seen Ghostbusters 1984?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
For sure! Great movie. I've watched pretty much everything with Rick Moranis, he was my favorite actor for a while. I could do a Top 10 of my favorite Rick Moranis films if I had to
« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 11:33:23 PM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Compsognathus

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Have you ever watched Dink the little dinosaur?