The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Adventures In ToonWorld

Nick22 · 5638 · 239745

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yeah that sounds like a good idea." Kopa nodded." Make sure no one brings in things that they shouldn't."

The prizes gathered at the prince's villa where he was standing in front of a stack of fliers" Morning, my dears. I trust Cey has briefed you already? She has? Excellent. Then I will make this brief. Go around the kingdom, put up these fliers and hand out these passes to anyone who wants one." Onca said. " Split into groups and return here once you are done. You can break for lunch at noon. That basket over there has cash in it, take some along . Just don't take TOO much " he laughed.

Stripetail and the students enjoyed the meal and coffee as Terry Max and the others talked about themselves to the old seer. " So you have a part time job working for Mr Wayne?" Stripetail said " Yeah, its a night gig. Cleaning the place is a pain. He's gotta have 1000 trophies in his trophy room alone. I also drive him around when he has business " Mr Wayne is an extremely wealthy man." Stripetail said." He donated 100 million dollars to help get the games off the ground.  I will pay him back for his generosity, you have my word on that. Now, Maxine, you have here a request to help your folks ?" Y-yes Mr Stripetail. I, well, my folks don't make that much, and anything I could get to help them out, would mean so much." Like getting a better place to live?" Stripetail said " You live in the Central apartments, correct?" Max nodded quietly " What job do you want for your father and mother?" Holographic control for my dad and  news projection for my mom." Max said " I'll contact them for a interview " Stripetail said, before sliding a creds card over to Max. He then gave cards to Terry, Dana and Chelsea " These cards will load at the end of the week with your pay, when fully loaded, as now, they will appear green in color. As you spend the credits, it will change colors, to yellow and red. When you are nearly empty, it will glow. It will turn black when empty. "
Thanks Stripetail " Dana said." Just don't spend it all in one place." Stripetail chuckled" Now, you have your classes to return to, and I have my next batch of interviews to get to. Nice meeting all of you, good luck with the rest of your studies. And Terry, try not to fall asleep in class again."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
It was then two GCPD officers accompanied by the school principal entered Mr. Tang's class.

"Gentlemen, may I help you? I am currently in the middle of a physics lecture now," Mr. Tang said as he placed his laser pointer on the desk.

"We are here to pick up John Hayland," the principal said. "Apparently, the police want to speak to him."

"What?" the aforementioned student asked.

"Come along; we'll handle this in private," one of the officers said.

Fuming, John Hayland followed the three out of the classroom.

Mr. Tang then picked up his laser pointer. "Now that we have no more interruptions, let's continue."

--------------------------------

Gabrielle scowled as she watched the chaos her crew had wrought. It was quite substantial, Gotham Stadium completely ravaged, the Shopping District almost completely burnt down, the area around Gotham Fine Chemicals was a hazardous waste site, the outskirts of Neo Gotham looked like warzone after Blammo had worked them over but from what she could see, the Laffalympics was still going on — just with greatly increased security.

"That's it," she said. "We're going to start targeting tourists now."

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
arlene was in a skit with oliver, baking a pie that oliver periodically removed pieces from, while looking sweet and innocent all the while. ' why don;t we go get some ice cream?' Arlene said after finding the pie coomplet6ely gone.  each skit had a tip jar for the actors where the locals could drop coins in if they appreciated the performance.
 Yogi and Bobo were surveying the vine riding course' whatever you do, Bobo ol buddy, don;t let go of the vine. its a LONG way down' Yogi said. near the finish line the dead Baron was running calculations. " i estimate we're goi9ng to need 110 leaps from vine to vione over the course of the racew. We get penalized if anyone drops off.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
John Hayland and his mother were both sitting inside the sparsely furnished interrogation room at the local precinct of the Gotham City PD.

The teen folded his hands and remained coldly silent. The glass of water on the table was untouched.

"John," the officer said. "We just want to know what happened yesterday."

"I won't say anything until I get a lawyer," the teen replied.

"Johnny," the boy's mother said, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Just tell them what you know."

"Mom," he said. "You know how it is; don't talk to the cops unless you got a lawyer with you."

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
After the skit Oliver saw a flier on a wall. "Look mom," he told Arlene, "Some big ape wants to hire someone who can make cookies. You're a really good baker," he meowed, showing it to Arlene. The maker of the flier was Louie, of course. "It could be fun, and delicious."

"Play the drums King Louie!" encouraged his fellow apes.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'll take a look." Arlene said. Come along Oliver." As she walked along down the street, carrying the tip jars carrying her tips and Olivers tips, she noticed a group gathered around a trio of beautiful ladies, who were handing things out from a basket. As she came closer she was surprised to recognize the middle girl " Dixie!" She called out waving her claws in order to get her attention." Dixie stopped and noticed her, " Arlene ! Oliver! Over here!  She called out and motioned to them to come over. Dixie finished handing out tickets and came up to Arlene and embraced her warmly. The very dark red lips locked together as Arlene kissed her on the lips and they briefly rubbed tongues together Dixie putting her tongue into her girlfriends mouth. Arlene broke the kiss and blushed " Sorry about that, if people are staring." Arlene don't worry. Dixie smiled, as she hugged Oliver." let me introduce you two to my fellow prizes- this is Mukua " she motioned to the pantheress closest to her and Arlene saw that Mukua was very very pretty." Hi I'm Arlene " Arlene waved" and this is Atrua" she motioned to the other pantheress who was handing out passes . " This is my girlfriend Arlene and her son Oliver." Could I have some tickets please?" Arlene asked " Sure thing, girl " Atrua said, handing her a four pack of passes."" They include admission to the prince's estate and water park. " I'm with the games actually. I'm on Dixie's team." Arlene said." " Then you get a 10 pack." Mukua said handing her 6 more " How did you get into the prizes Dixie " Arlene asked." The prince liked me." Dixie replied " Mukua has been showing me and Kitty around. Kitty's in a different part of town handing out tickets like we are. It's promoting the kingdom and the games.It includes discounts at Mukua's dads place.  He is one of the biggest employers in the town." Dixie said " You should look at my dad's canoe setup." Mukua smirked." Mukua also draws people for  some money , she's really good." Atrua said." We could draw your boy there. Cute kids sell, after all." That sounds like a great idea." Arlene said." What do you think Oliver?"
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 03:40:07 PM by Nick22 »
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Of course, John Hayland's request for a lawyer was swiftly provided. Granted, since his parents could not get a lawyer in such short notice, a public defender was appointed to him.

"Mr. Hayland," an officer said as they opened the door. "Commissioner Gordon wishes to speak to you."

The public defender then looked the teen. "John," the woman said. "Let me do the talking."

------------------------------

At Gabriel's order to start attacking the tourists, some of the Jokerz balked at the random, wanton violence. Of course, those who were opposed were quickly pressured into joining by the more violent members.

Of course, the Weasels had no such compunctions. Their first victim was a young couple who had come to Neo Gotham for the games. They had gotten lost and turned down into a somewhat rougher area of town that was marked with low end stores selling questionable goods and graffittied walls.

"I think we took the wrong way," the man said.

It was then that a man approached the duo. His ragged work clothes indicated that he may have been a local. "You guys tourists?" The man's voice was rough but he was genuinely interested.

"We're looking for the stadium," the woman said.

"Go back the way you came and take a right down Wayne Avenue" The man spat out a wad of some chewed tobacco into the gutter. "This ain't a place for tourists. Now git before someone sees ya as easy prey." The last phrase wasn't delivered in an unkind manner but the words themselves were menacing.

"Thanks!"

"Hey, I think we found something!" The woman turned around to see a group of humanoid weasels.

"Think she might be interested in our cosmetics?" one said.

"Not interested," the woman replied, glaring at them.

"Honey, let's get our of here," the man replied.

The rough man glared at the group. "I dunno who the hell you are but this ain't your neighborhood." He reached behind himself for what was presumably a weapon. He never got a chance to draw it as one of the Weasels as a spring-loaded boxing glove launched out of a pocket in his pants. As it was harder toon setting, the effect was quite brutal as the man's skull caved in under the powerful blow, splattering droplets of blood on the sidewalk.

"Now then, let's give those two a 'cosmetics sample'," the second Weasel replied as his companion tried to stuff the spring-loaded boxing glove into his pants.

The couple tried to run but a quickly thrown portable hole tripped up the duo. Screams echoed through the neighborhood as dip was poured onto the duo.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Sure, just find me a ball of yarn," Oliver chuckled, "Plus we could also get a job from the King Louie guy," he smiled to Arlene and her friends. He was happy that his life was fairly normal now and he wasn't dealing with danger.

"Who is this prince guy?" he asked Dixie and the others.

Belladonna was forcing Annabelle to work out. "You've gained weight, you need to work off a few pounds," the hellhound taunted her heavenly cousin.

"No I haven't," groaned Annabelle.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
 Gordon say across the table from the student. her face was curled into a stern line, a large file sat in front of her ' you've been part of the jokerz for a long time , havent you john?' Gordon said simply ' i count at least 116 crimes that can be attributed to you, with at least 30 more that  could be attached to you, upon further investigation. considering that 100 of those are felonies, you're looking at a very long stint in prison, even if the judges sentence you leniently due to your age. which , considering the nature of some of your crimes, they won't . felony burglary, for instance, or helping to damage the football field at Hamilton high. both of those will get the book thrown at you. if you want to breathe fresh air again anytime past the age of 50, you'll cooperate with my investigation into the Jokerz, so we can break them up and put them safely away.  you can try and fight the charges,  but we have you dead to rights on nearly all of them. so i strongly suggest cooperation. "

_
 i'll get you a ball of yarn , dear ' Dixie said to oliver ' theres a yarn shop on   Unga street' mukua said ' we'll go pick you out a few balls. now remember to have a smile on your face when playing. it makes everything that much cuter' She chuckled, As Dixie, Atrua, Arlene and Mukua walked along with Oliver riding on Arlenes shoulder. '  we can stop for lunch once atrua finishes handing out the last of the passes' Dixie saud ' how many more do you have Atrua?' 16" atrua said . " i have 4 left and Mukua has just 2. we'll just combine them for the next customer 'Dixie said. ' So, tell me about yourself arlene and your cute little kitten." well i'm from toon town, originally. my life ws.. not an easy one. i worked in the comics, with Garfield and Odie and Jon, up until the recession, things were going well.  there was event a special series where we had superpowers!" arlene said. ' oliver is  the light of my life. i worry about him when hes not with me. like any mom would, well one that isnt a pyschopath.  I've ben traveling with my girl Dixie and her tesam for the games, but due to, er a detour in a big owls gut, we havent made any money from the ganmes for the past several events. And i need the money more than Dixie does ' Arlene said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Can we get a snack first?" Oliver asked the older cats around him, "I'm hungry." His little kitten belly rumbled, indicating he wasn't just talking the talk. He knew his mom would gladly take him to grab a bite.

Sawyer was given a list of songs for the movie Louie was making. "Most of these are romance songs," she said, annoyed, "Between me and Louie?" The ape king's smug grin told her everything she needed to know.

"And Louie has prepared an outfit he'll want you to wear," said Berry.

Truth be told, Kitty was interested in getting back to Onca. She found the panther prince very charming. "Just a little more and I can head back to the palace..." she said to herself.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Of course my dear." Dixie smiled at him." We're getting lunch anyway ." I recommend the Baked Bear grill. Bantu the Bear is a superb cook" Atrua said." She has a kids menu, too. Just pick what you want."
The Baked Bear was on the east side of town and was full of locals sampling the food. Everything from elephants, to deer to wolves and panthers were enjoying their lunch, here and there there were a few snakes, who insisted on live prey.
Mukua reserved a booth for the 6 of them, which grew to 9 as Scooby Argo and Janus joined them " Hello girls." Argo waved."Scooby and Janus were just having a pizza eating contest. Janus ate4 extra large pizzas, Scooby ate FORTY" Argo said as Janus shook his head." We only stopped because we ran out of extra large."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sagwa, Sheegwa, and Dongwa had been resuming their magic training. Dongwa had been trying to combine magic with the martial arts lessons he was already taking.

"Maybe some fire blasts combined with fist thrusts," Dongwa grinned.

"I'm working on magic calligraphy," Sagwa smiled. With the magic ink, whatever word she wrote down on specific parchment would materialize into a small version of said written word.

"We should also see if my father's hotel can be promoted," Kovu said to Kopa, "I know he'd appreciate that."

Kion had gone to the Outlands to catch up with Janja, Jasiri, and the other hyenas. "Hey guys," he called to his spotted friends.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The public defender looked at the charges as well as some of the evidence. She shook her head. "John," she said. "The evidence is overwhelming. I don't know if we can fight this."

"How can you prove it was me?" the teen demanded.

The public defender slid a series of pictures showing him leaving the scene of the latest Jokerz caused fire and heading straight to his house. And some additional information on the pictures indicated that it was taken by a "Captain Fairchild". "And that's not all. Security cameras on the nearby shops caught you in the act of arson." She looked at the teen who had a horrified look on his face upon realization that he was facing decades, possibly even centuries in jail over these crimes. "During trial, I think you'd best take the deal."

John nodded but said nothing as he practically stared through everyone.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
" It almost doesn't warrant mention , John, in light of the severity of the crimes you are accused of committing , but the fallout for you in terms of your schooling is simple and severe: You will be expelled from Hamilton High, most likely by the end of the day today, once the charges against you are announced." Gordon said." Like I said, your cooperation with this investigation is your only chance to breathe fresh air and have anything approaching a future. I will put you in contact with Officer Mullins, he will be assigned to your case and will monitor your cooperation, if he feels at any point that you have been less than cooperative, the deal will be off. Am I clear?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
We'll try to get sponsored for our section of the games. We'll need extra security, that dip stuff Gabriel uses is very deadly. Last thing we need is the kingdom trashed and half the subjects dead." Kopa said" Reach out to neighboring prides, see if they will pitch in.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Clear," John said. He sighed and placed his head down on the desk. He was done for and he knew it.

The only sound that could be heard was the slow metronomic sound of the overhead fan whirring.

----------------------------------

The Gotham Diner was one of Neo-Gotham's few remaining buildings from the city's early days and it was the best place to get authentic Gotham cuisine. As a result, it was almost always crowded with many, many guests of all stripes. But now, it was even more crowded withe Laffalympics in town and the fans and athletes wanting a taste of true Gotham cooking.

Inque had blended in perfectly with the crowd. No one gave the slender, attractive black-haired woman any second looks as she was given a booth. She looked around for Stripetail. All she had to do was wait until he went to use the bathroom and then she could strangle him with out of view of everyone.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Stripetail was eating some chicken strips in the middle of the diner. He was flanked by security in light of Inques previous attack on him, and Stripetail casually looked around at his surroundings, aware that Inque could be literally anyone
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
chie approached the table that Dixie and the others were at. ' you guys have space for one more ' the cheetah asked. ' sure, we ca squeeze you in.' Dixie smiled, as she moved further in, to let Chie take a seat. there were now 5 on bith side of the booth. janus, mukua, Argo,  scooby and atrua  on the left  and  dixie, Chie, arlene,  Oliver and cey on the right .' Cey was checking out the list of the prizes who had completed their rounds. " you finisghed your motrning round in zinbe 3, correct, Chie?' yes' Chie nodded. " good, all the zones are reporting in, zone 8 will be the last simply due to dstance. ' so far, we're making good time on handing them out.  we'll return for the afternoon batch after lunch.'
 What happens if we get all of them done early?" dixie asked. ' then you have free time until sunset.' Cey said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Kovu dialed the number to Scar's hotel. "Hello father," Kovu greeted as he and Kopa put the former king on speaker phone. "We were hoping we could mutually promote each other," he began to explain.

"You're all nice and pretty," Oliver complimented of the Prize girls.

"It's to be expected, to meet Onca's standards," Kitty smiled as she ate some of the local varieties of mouse burgers.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Inque paid for her meal and headed to the bathroom to ostenably wash up. On the way, she passed by the kitchen and overheard something about a "squirrel splice wanting some Delmonico potatoes".

Stripetail, she thought. She headed into the stalls and quickly changed shape. She emerged as a brown haired, tanned woman dressed in the diner's usual uniform. She then entered the kitchen.

"There you are!" the head chef exclaimed. "We've been waiting for someone to get Lord Squirrel his potatoes!"

"Well, we can't keep nobility waiting," Inque said as she picked up the tray containing the luxurious mashed potato dish garnished with grated cheese, buttered breadcrumbs and a decadent beef reduction. As she carried it out, she discreetly spiked it with some Dip provided to her by Gabriel, hoping the strong flavor and deep brown color of beef reduction would hide the distinctively colored and scented toxin.

She carried the dish to Stripetail. "Your potatoes," she said, placing the dish in front of Stripetail.