The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Whatcha playin'?

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Ahh yes! I hear you and a few fellow GOF members have been banding together and playing old Civ 4. How'd the game go? Anyone win yet? Any major conquests? You'll have to keep us posted on the happenings :D

Anyway, as for my playings now, gone back on a bit of an RPG binge. Got a few on the go and bouncing between them including:

Dragon Age: Inquisition
Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix (who came up with that title? Seriously?!)
Child of Light
Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls
Resident Evil HD (not an RPG but got enough length to it)

And my friend just got me back into Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn again. Figured if I'm forking out for a monthly subscription I may as well be playing it. :p

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
Right now I'm hooked with FIFA 2015... that game is so much fun (if you have a friend to play it with, that is... the online mode it's kind of bad).

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Stronghold Crusader & Stronghold Crusader Extreme.
Inactive, probably forever.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
I just rebought Battlefield 4 for the xbox one.  Was suffering from Battlefield withdrawal symptoms :p

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just picked up Transistor as one of the PSN's free games this month... great... another 20+ hour RPG to work through atop the rest on the list.

Did finish Resident Evil HD with Jill though... so that was nice :D

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Team Fortress 2, Primal Carnage: Extinction, BlazBlue and some Worms. If anyone wants to play any of those games with me - feel free to add me on Steam. :)

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I've been playing Tekken Revolution for more than a year now and I'm only just getting into the online component. It's not as bad as the people who play it says it is. Obviously, several changes made to the fighting system are in dire need of balancing. Once I learned to properly defend against these annoying mechanics, though, fighting these players became much easier. I even managed to get my first hate mail. Someone called me "pendejo", which is Spanish for "stupid." Also, I managed to complete what i wanted to in Resident Evil 5-not 100% because I'm too chicken to try Professional difficulty, though, I did beat Lost in Nightmares on Professional with only 2 deaths.

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I bought Jurassic Park: The Game during PSN's Flash Sale last weekend. The story is okay but the QTEs are killing me, and the characters. During the first episode, in the last scenario, I had to load the tranq gun and shoot the T-Rex before it ate Jess. I failed 12 &#@!&* times before I realized that there was a timing to loading the damn dart in the gun. :anger
I also bought Dino Crisis and Dino Crisis 2.

Edit: Just finished Jurassic Park. Blah. I couldn't see some of the command prompts at certain points, bad framerate making the game misread some of my inputs, that fight with Yoder, most of the characters, and a meandering story are my major complaints. It had some good moments but nothing that really stuck out as memorable.

Simba King Of Pride Rock

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://madagascarpalace87.proboards.com/
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (X-Box)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just finished the amazingly bombastic Bayonetta 2 and have moved onto Yoshi's Woolly World. Sooooooooo super cute  :D and loving the soundtrack!  :DD

For PS4 - just picked up the Borderlands: Handsome Collection and started playing with the Enforcer on Pre-sequel and returned to the Mechromancer for Borderlands 2. Forgot how insane and hilarious these games are. See Tiny Tina and Butt Stallion for awesomely disturbing quotes  :lol  :lol

Favourite quote so far:
Captain Flynt (over a tannoy): At Ethan's scream, the time will be two thirty.
Ethan: WHHHHHYYY?! OH GOD, WWWWHHHYYYY?!?!?!
Captain Flynt: See you again at two thirty-five.
 :lol  :lol

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Since Civilization IV  seems to be quite popular among some GoF members I hopped on to Steam and bought it to try for myself.

..and I'm hooked.

I actually never normally play these kind of games, but I'm loving it. It's fun to rule an entire nation with the choice to wipe out other nations or live in peace with them, to be a good leader or to be a total jerk and start wars randomly..hmm..choices.

I swear I'm always going 'Just-one-more-turn' and that 'one more turn' turns into another hour of playing.

One day, when I know what I'm doing and don't suck. I might even try the multiplayer mode, I can destroy the nations of people I have never met, awesome.

Game is sorta hard, but I'm slowly learning what I'm meant to do.

I'm also wondering what kind of girl plays Civilization in the first place, well besides me but I'm not a normal girl to begin with. I'm sure there is some girl players out there, it just this genre isn't really a thing lots of girls go for. Though the games targeted for girls suck most the time, like Fashion Designing, Babysitting, Dressing up some kind of animals in stupid outfits. Is that really what game developers think ALL girls like?

Anyway, I currently have a serve case of "one more turn" syndrome..send help please.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I spent the better part of the last three days playing ANNO 1404 (after my friend asked me to copy my game on his laptop, he kinda made me give it a try and I got hooked :p) and a modification of Civ 4 with some... interesting features  :lol Playing with 43 instead of the usual 18 opponents is truly something :p
Inactive, probably forever.

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
The emulator says that I have been playing Banjo-Kazooie for more than nine hours and I honestly hadn't noticed that... I have been wanting to play that game every-since those awesome commercials in the late nineties and, honestly, they didn't disappoint. The game is amazingly awesome and I'm terribly hooked.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile