The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Visiting Rome

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Wow! :wow That's a lot of great photos! Let me comment on them in order:

Monday

Cool-looking fountain! :yes
Quote from: Mumbling,Apr 25 2010 on  05:17 AM
Legend says that if you throw a coin over your right shoulder into the fountain, your biggest wish will come true.
Did you try that? :p

And that pizza looks delicious! Was it?

Tuesday

This was my reaction to seeing the Colosseum pictures: :o :wow The Forum Romanum looks pretty neat, too!

So, what's the story with the guy in the suit and the white makeup? Why was he dressed like that? :smile

Wednesday

I had a similar response to the Vesuvius pictures as I did to the Colosseum ones: :wow :wow I've always been interested in volcanoes... Is that volcanic gas, steam, etc. in the third picture?

Thursday

Wow. It must have been so cool to be in the Basilica. It's beautiful.

And what's the significance of the brightly colored outfits those two guys are wearing?

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pangaea,Apr 26 2010 on  07:59 AM
Wow! :wow That's a lot of great photos! Let me comment on them in order:

Monday

Cool-looking fountain! :yes
Quote from: Mumbling,Apr 25 2010 on  05:17 AM
Legend says that if you throw a coin over your right shoulder into the fountain, your biggest wish will come true.
Did you try that? :p
Personally I did not, but many did. I don't like throwing money away *dutch* :lol

And that pizza looks delicious! Was it?
Ohh yes it was! :D

Tuesday

This was my reaction to seeing the Colosseum pictures: :o :wow The Forum Romanum looks pretty neat, too!

So, what's the story with the guy in the suit and the white makeup? Why was he dressed like that? :smile

He was a living statue, you could take pictures with him and pay him for that. I think he played charley chaplin :P:

Wednesday

I had a similar response to the Vesuvius pictures as I did to the Colosseum ones: :wow :wow I've always been interested in volcanoes... Is that volcanic gas, steam, etc. in the third picture?
Yes it is :)

Thursday

Wow. It must have been so cool to be in the Basilica. It's beautiful.

And what's the significance of the brightly colored outfits those two guys are wearing?
That's the Swiss Guard, the ones guarding the pope himself. I wouldn't be the right one to tell you why they are wearing their suits, but I think google might have an answer to that :)