The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A rather randomish thing I've noticed

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Littlefoot's teeth have improved quite a bit over the past 11 sequels :lol

Open wide for the dentist :lol:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
LOL Very good spotting, LF Fan! :D
Looks like Littlefoot has a better dentist than I do! :lol

I'm *almost* tempted to move this into the Projects forum because of the work that went into making up this picture, but I guess this is a good enough place for it. :p

Looks like he has a pretty good dermatologist as well; look as how much his skin has smoothed out! :p  :D  Ahh, the life of a movie star; you just have to look perfect these days!

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
:lol Indeed!
Good oberservation!
It is also interesting that in many scenes Littlefoot seems to have only his upper eyeteeth and his lower foreteeth. I wonder if the characters could get teeth problems when eating too many treesweets.
Remarkably Littlefoot is the character who sports teeth most frequently. The others are more often depicted without any teeth unless they contribute to their facial expression (clenched teeth, sheepish grin etc.).
PS: I took the liberty to edit your post Littlefoot Fan so the picture would show up directly rather than the url. I hope this is alright with you and everyone here.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh, I don't mind :P: I just thought everyone would get annoyed with a big image popin out at them :lol:

And about the only showing the fore teeth and stuff like that, alot of cartoons do that actually. When the character talks they'll show different parts of their teeth to make it look more like their mouth is moving. I guess they figured the charcters would look dumb at some times, if they had all their teeth showing :rolleyes:

But you're right, Littlefoot does indeed show teeth more than anyone else :lol But I guess it also depends on how wide they open their mouth, and what expression they're making. Aahh well, it all works out :P:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
That's cool. :D  I guess I never noticed Littlefoot was paying mega bucks to make his teeth amazingly white and smooth like big-name celebrities.  :lol:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Those two pictures are interesting because of another, more general aspect. Though Littlefoot may have better teeth in the sequels the drawing is visibly more simple than the one from the original movie is. It is kind of difficult to realize this during the movie (the much the more as the quality of the sequels drawings is not bad either) but here you can see very clearly how many details were dropped in the sequels.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
^ Forgot to say that, but yes I was going to mention that as well...Bluth just took more time and effort to make the teeth...well look like teeth.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey, Littlefoot!  Who's your dentist?  I would love for him to fix my teeth! :lol (Let's just say my teeth aren't in the best of shape. :P:)

Great find there.

One of the pluses of being a movie star is getting every bit of your body to look so great. :)

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hehe, yea :DD I wonder if they get flooded with fanmail everyday :lol:

Those little dinosaurs are good actors though, I'll give em that! :lol

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
More like an orthodontist than a dentist. Littlefoot's teeth aren't bad (no caries) but they are in a jumble. I was running around with quite a bit of metal in my mouth for some years. Anyone else here who made that experience?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
*counts the number of teeth Littlefoot has*

Woah!  38 teeth? :o

His dentist must've had quite a feild day to fix all those. :^.^:

Oh, and Malte, I too have metal in my teeth.  Problem is that my teeth had gotten so bad, they may be a pernament part of my teeth for the rest of my life. :cry

*sighs* I guess that's what I get for not taking good care of my teeth. :(

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Personally, speaking, I think his teeth look better in the original. I looks like he's worn them down by sequel #11. Perhaps he grinds his teeth in his sleep.  :lol:
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

trexmaster

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Jul 13 2006 on  07:05 PM
Personally, speaking, I think his teeth look better in the original. I looks like he's worn them down by sequel #11. Perhaps he grinds his teeth in his sleep.  :lol:
If anything, in the original his teeth look more eroded. His new teeth look clean, straight, and smooth, whereas the old teeth look broken or uneven. Of course, in the jungle, where dentists come in short supply (unless there's some "tooth-cleaning" critter I don't know about), worn and uneven teeth would probably make more sense for a dinosaur chowing down on thick vegetation.

BTW, here's what real Apatosaurus teeth look like---not a lot like those of Littlefoot or anyone in his family. Either Littlefoot and his family aren't really Apatosauruses as traditionally claimed, or the cartoonists really got their teeth wrong.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Yeah, but the white, smooth teeth don't look like they're suited for chewing...anything.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nor do the thin nib-shaped teeth of the actual sauropods. For all I know they didn't "chew" anything the way we do but rather striped the leaves from the trees swallowed them and also swallowed stones which grinded the leaves in their stomachs. Though we do see Littlefoot chewing leaves throughout LBT. It would make for a funny scene to have Littlefoot swallow stones. I'm sure Cera would mock him. They are not going to go that deep into digestion processes though  ;)

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Trexmaster, those real Apatosaurus teeth look kind of freaky, so I'm glad they made them different in LBT. :lol:

Also, an Apatosaurus's teeth are supposed to be designed to actually strip leaves of off plants (They're designed to slide along them) so they don't have to do alot of chewing (If any at all). Something like that :slap like Malte said.

The stones I don't know about :blink: Did they really swallow solid rocks to help break down the leaves in their stomach? That must be painful when it comes time to go :lol

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They did find such stones amongst sauropod sceletons. I think there are still animals who do this. They wouldn't swallow huge boulders and I suppose they wouldn't pick something with sharp edges, so I guess it wouldn't be too painful (a mere estimation as I haven't eaten too many stones throughout my life :lol) I'm not sure, but I think those stones remained in the stomach for quite a while and were grinded themselves.