The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Flyer boy Jared's life

Jrd89 · 46 · 5898

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
If any one of you wants to know about me and what i'm doing in life right now, here you go:

This LBT GOF site is what keeps me happy every day.

(I have loved Pterano since I first saw the Stone of cold fire on t.v. in 2001)

I have loved him since I was 11. Now i'm a 21 year old man, but I LOVE HIM just the same.

I have loved Petrie since I was in like Kindergarten or 1st grade. One week, our "Friday movie" was the original 1988 "LBT". When I first saw Petrie when I was like 5 or 6, HE IMMEDIATELY became my favorite. He was so tiny, funny, and cute.

I still love Petrie just the same at 21, too. I've even had people today think that 1'm 17 or 18 by my appearance (they've even thought I was still in high school)

Yes, I do look younger than I am, and that's good. Believe me, I REALLY don't feel 21.

Now, where I live. 2010 brought some big changes to where I live. I lived in South Haven, MI my whole life since 1989 until just last September.

See, in 2009, my dad lost his job for getting into troble for something he KNEW he didn't do wrong. He worked at a nuclear power plant about 40 miles away from our house.

Then in April 2010, he got a job at another power plant down in Florida. I now live in Jensen Beach, FL in "Atlantis Condominiums" on an island called "hutchinson island".

We have to live in our tiny 1,100 sq. foot condo (Yes the 4 of us, me, my mom, my dad, my little sister, and 2 dogs, until our old house in Michigan sells. Then, my family can find our Florida house.

And at night, I have to sleep on a hide-a-bed on the living room couch. I really miss having my own bedroom, and my own bed to sleep in :(

As for my current life status, it sucks. I earned like $5,600 at a restaurant I worked at back in South Haven, but I had to loan it all out to my parents as the months went by in 2009-10 to help them pay extra bills they needed my help with. Now i'm entirely dependent on my parents for money.  !!!!<_< !!!!

My mom says i'll get it back once our Michigan house sells.

Right now, I'm in a very bad spot. I have no job, no money, no car *my dad and I had to split 1 car up in Michigan, but it hasn't been shipped down here in Jensen Beach yet. My mom won't let me use the 1 vehicle we have down here yet.

Can you imagine.. 3 drivers (me *Jared*, my dad, and my mom) and 1 2008 GMC Envoy as our only vehicle.

In order to get around down here, I have to ride an old, rusty blue bicycle down here. The brakes squeak horrible on it. All I can do is ride like 2 miles south *still on the island* to a gas station and a CVS pharmacy and back.

I can't get to the mainland on the rusty blue bike. It's way too long (5 miles) and the causeway bridge is way too steep.

I'm really sad right now. I have no friends (except a couple here online) I have no money, no job, and no car for my very own exclusive use.

And (this is a personal thought) nobody (forget girlfriends or even female friends) are gonna like a moneyless, jobless, car-less man who likes Petrie and Pterano from a movie series *that typical people* say is for little kids. :(

Yeah. no friends down here (much less, a girl friend, or even a regular female friend) right now. :(

I think it takes guts to tell a girl that I have a big sense of cute and that I like Pterano & petrie from LBT. I like being called cute, too.

I may be acting immature here, but I can't help it. I WILL NEVER let go of my love of lbt flyers. No one can take that away from me. I am a little flyer boy, and I LOVE IT! I will never "man-up" to this, either.

If you think i'm gonna tell my serious, grumpy 52 year old dad about Petrie and anything flyer related, think again. He'll call me a sissy or a baby.

My old Job at the restaurant was rough (well, actually just the foul-mouthed co-workers, all men in their late 20's and 30's all tattoed and nasty)

BTW, I have no tattoos and no body piercings, and I intend to stay that way.

I think one of those restaurant guys would say "Oh god, somebody get this gay-wad out of here"  or  "Send him back to preschool" and stuff like that.

*sigh*  <_<  I'll put that behind me. OH! did you know that that restaurant went out of business 1 week after I flew down to Florida to live with my family? Now the joke's on them. They're all freezing cold in Michigan with no jobs, while i'm staying warm here in Florida.

*Summary* well, that's what my life's like today. Sorry for the rough parts and language.

Staying positive, I have this site, I have (Ptyra, Flipperboidskua, bushwacked) and other users here. I have my folder of drawings of Petrie, Pterano, Rinkus, and maybe my own flyer to look at, too.

I'll try my best to stay positive and I hope life'll get better for me.

I'm glad I have LBT GOF, because this site keeps me happy when I visit each day.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Don't worry Jared, things will get better - just stay positive until then.  And never feel ashamed about liking the LBT flyers. It's who you are, and nobody has the right to critisise that.
Just hang in there. I (and I'm sure everyone else in the GOF) is there to support you when you need it.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I hope things improve for you soon, though things could be worst.  Good luck.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
You know one of the easiest ways to stay down in life is to be negative about you and your surroundings.  I'm glad you enjoy your time here, and I can only imagine how things are for you (I had a friend who used to give money to his parents at the expense of eating, just because they were so bad at financial management they took it out on him for having it), but you must remember that the worst people in the world are the ones who always think the worst of everything.

Caustizer.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Aww,  :(  I hope everything gets better soon.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I hope everything gets better soon.  It might be some time, but things do change for the better in most cases.  You did a very honorable thing helping your family as you did, even though you wanted to keep some sort of independence for yourself. :)

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile

I went on a job interview at a restaurant called "Conchy Joe's" which is only like 3 miles away from the condo where I live. Did I mention that it's on the mainland too and off the island? where all the places and businesses are? :)

Believe me, this island is boring as far as businesses, restaurants and stores go. All hutchinson island is maybe a couple thousand feet wide and 20 miles tall, with nothing but condo buildings, beaches, a nuclear power plant (where my dad works at) and there's only 1 fast food place, a Subway. Just a couple really small store plazas and 1 Cumberland Farms gas station. and there's not another one until another 15 miles north at the northern tip of the island in Fort Pierce.

But back to the restaurant interview, I told the man interviewing me about my previous experience of working 1 1/2 years at a restaurant in Michigan, and how I was always on time, never late, never missed a day, no sick days, and that i'm very reliable and dependable.

(One Sunday morning, I was called in on what was supposed to be a day off for me because the breakfast dishwasher got drunk on the Saturday night before, and woke up throwing up with a hangover. Can you BELIEVE that?

BTW, FLYER BOY Jared does NOT drink!  (well not just yet anyways, but I will NEVER go do HEAVY BINGE DRINKING like that guy did!)

The man who interviewed me also knows i'm available to work at any time, any day. He said he'd call me back either today or tomorrow. I got no call back today, so i think it'll be tomorrow. I know if i get a job there that i'll have bigger hours than in Michigan.

The restaurant is open 7 days a week 11:30-10:00. At the old restaurant in south Haven, MI, our closing time varied and we were only open the full 7 days in the Summer, like in July and August only. In the winter months, we were only open Thurs.-Sun., 4 days a week.

So, things are looking good right now. I hope I get that job at Conchy Joe's restaurant.

Then, hopefully I will be *flying high* again.  :DD

I'll update you if I have anything new about this in the future.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to succeed with that one :yes

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!  

*Jared the poor tan rhamphorhynchus is sent crashing head-first into a mountain* :wacko  :mad

it's NOT fair!!!!!!! NO JOB at Conchy Joe's and a DISASTEROUS HAIRCUT today!

Flying high? I'm STILL NOT OFF THE GROUND!!!!

MAN! I wish Pterano was waiting outside to fly me to the great valley right now. Where I'd become a rhamphorhynchus on arrival and live a much happier life.

I've known about the job rejection for a couple weeks now already...

I called back the next day, and I asked for the guy who interviewed me.. He said he already "made his choice" which meant I DIDN'T get picked. My mom told me that "maybe he thought you were too good and clean of a person to work back in the kitchen. The kitchen jobs are usually for people who are sloppy, disorganized and have nasty attitudes." is what she told me.

"Who KNOWS? Maybe I WAS too clean of a person for the job.

*BTW.. I applied online for a job as a meter reader for Florida Power and Lighting. When there is an opening, I'll be sent an e-mail.

Anyway, on a slightly more positive note, my mom has a job test tomorrow. Yes, for working at the same power plant my dad does... but for a different position. I know it involved working at a computer... an accountant, i think, maybe?
But the bad news is, that one of the test tasks is typing at a speed of at least 56 WPM! My mom is not sure she can do that, as she hasn't speed typed in a very long time.

If my mom does get the job, she'll earn about 2/3 of what my dad earns. She said she will give me back $200. (of the now $5,635 that she and my dad owe me.) with each check she'll get once every 2 weeks, which will be a good help to me. :)

If not, then my dad's STILL the only one with money, and i'll still be dirt poor broke until our Michigan house sells.. and SW Michigan was HAMMERED with a MAJOR 2 foot snow storm a few days ago...

now THAT'S what I call "The Big Freeze"   :DD

I can only hope she passes her job test tomorrow.

And another disaster happened to me, today. I had my 2nd haircut today since going to Florida. I really needed one too, because it was thanksgiving time the last time I had one.  It was at a mall, with the same person who did it last time. Last time, she got it right and my hair looked great.

Today, I TOLD her to thin out my hair and to shorten it a little. SHE CUT WAY TOO MUCH OFF, heck, she HARDLY used the scissors and instead, used the buzz clippers way too much, and hardly used the scissors and trimmed my hair like she was trimming a bush).

I'm so humiliated. My hair looks like a 3 year old's now.
and I look like an idiot. My hair is about as thin as a buzz-cut right now. It's cut wayy too high And my darn little sister laughed for about 20 minutes after I left the hair cut place. My mom feels sorry for me and will help find a different person to cut my hair next time. This is the second time this has happened to me

(the first time was in about Feb. 2001) I was 11 at the time in 6th grade. I was getting my hair cut back in South Haven, Michigan. My mom figured I needed a new hair cut for a middle school band concert I was going to be in that night. Yes, the woman there used the buzz clippers on me too much and practically shaved me almost.

Luckily, next time we were able to find me a new cutter, and she was great and cut my hair regularly until I left Michigan last September.

:bang So, yeah today (Feb. 3rd) was another rotten day for me. I still have no job, NOBODY has called me back yet. And now my hair is a TOTAL WRECK and is wayyy too short!!!

I got $20 from my dad anyway, today... oh well, a little spending money anyways..

(Just think, in the LBT, world, Petrie dosen't need money to buy tree stars or berries to eat)

(and if I was a flyer, I wouldn't need a job, money for food or a house * because building a nest or living in a cave is free* and I wouldn't need a car to get around... because as a rhamphorhynchus, I could FLY.)

And flyers don't need haircuts, either.

(BTW, I finished writing this at 2 o'clock in the morning here in Florida. Usually i go to bed in the 2:00 A.M. hour but on some nights I may stay up as late as 3, because everyone else goes to sleep here at about 11:30, and that's when I get the computer all to myself, in private)

I have nothing on my blank agenda to get up for each day, and don't get out of bed until about 10:00, and 11:00 at the absolute latest. Like I said, getting off this island is powerless for me, unless one of my parents decides to go run an errand and I go with them, because i'm NOT allowed to use their GMC Envoy at all on my own.. Although my dad wants to make arrangements for our other car, a 1995 Buick Riviera

(which was my very own from Sept. '06 until Sept. '07 when my dad blew an engine piston on his '97 Ford F-150.. then he sold the old truck and I had to split the Riviera with my dad for transportation)

to be sent down here on a car carrier..which potentially could work out. If it does, my dad and I will share the Riviera, and I can use it anytime as long as my dad isn't using it. Did I mention that the A/C DOESN'T WORK?!? Luckily my dad found an A/C compressor off of another Riviera at a junkyard in Daytona Beach a few weeks ago.

So maybe we'll get that fixed so I won't be ROASTING HOT inside the car in the Florida heat. (In the summer here in Florida, the temperatures get up to the mid 90's) It was 83 degrees here today, BTW.

I visit the GOF on the computer anytime I have private here at the condo.

*I'm sorry if I scared you or creeped you out with this message* It's just that i'm just so sad right now, I could cry myself to sleep.

I hope my mom passes her test tomorrow, because then she'll be another step closer to that good paying job she wants, and then i'll start to get my money back in $200 portions.

If not, then there'll be more sad, lonely, poor days ahead for me until I find a job.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's a shame about the interview, but at least there's still a possibility for the meter reader job. Good news for your mom, maybe you could try to teach her to type faster.
And sorry about your haircut  :(  Maybe you could wear a hat until it grows slightly longer?

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Bushwacked: I was able to help my mom a little bit with some math tonight (she needed help remembering how to calculate percentages) in a few math problems on a practice test she was taking.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Jared, I'm impressed. We're the same age and you've already proven yourself to be a hard worker with a soft heart. I've grown into mostly an intellectual type, not being forced to do any physical labor so far (except when transporting lumber to our backyard).

Don't listen to people when they say your're too good for your own well-being. People LOVE good people, especially the opposite sex. Just don't buy into their petty schemes. It's a BIG plus in my book that you helped out your parents with your money. Parents should be helping their children, and their children should be helping children of their own, and so on. That's the way things should be.

That you're craving for independence, your own money, your own car, a girlfriend means that you're a responsible person who knows what he wants from life.

And you'll get it, sooner or later. Thank goodness you live in America, a country with so many opportunities. Though I must say, a competent person will succeed anywhere.

And that you like the flyers from Land Before Time says that you have that romantic streak, that need for a better reality. Though from your writing I can tell that you are very good in separating real from not real. So if you think, or somebody else tells you that you're living in a child's fantasy, you can ignore them without any guilt or remorse.

As for the haircut, well sorry if I make it sound like a trivial problem (I'm well aware that different things are of different importance to different people), but can you just shorten it completely, soldier style? It's easier than wearing a hat all the time.

P.S. I like your style of expression. It's so emotional and honest. I think you're a very likeable person.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
jansenov: Nah, I'm not going to wear a hat all the time. I'll leave my hair as it is. It's not THAT bad. I'll be fine.

Thank you for the comments. What you said about me and also about how much I love Land Before Time flyers is very true.

That was very nice and sweet of you. Thanks.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I do hope things improve for you and your family soon, good luck.  Not sure what else to say.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
just hang in there Jared, i'm sure you'll get a job soon, just keep your chin up. as for your bad hair cut. as for someone else the next time you need it cut.. all you can do really is grow your hair back out..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Ok. I'll do my best to hang in there. I'll try to keep my chin up. And, yes i'm just gonna let my hair grow back out.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
just keep looking for jobs.. once you find one, stick with it..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
more things to report, guys:

first subject, my mom's test

NOOO!! My mom failed her test. No job for her. She has to wait at least 30 days until she can take it again. But, she did thank me for helping her figure out percentages from the night before. She said it helped.

So that means NO $200 pieces back (from what she and my dad owe me...$5,635) from each check she would've gotten.

As for me, my mom and dad helped me file my tax return for the first time, and i'm really glad my dad was there to help me, because he did most of the work.

(This return money is coming from the work I did at that old restaurant back in Michigan, that is now out of business. I already told you guys about the nasty foul mouthed attituded kitchen cooks, there earlier, so you already know.)

If you wanted to know, I found out in the end that I'll be getting $208 from the tax return, which is a little good.  

Next subject... the job hunt (in addition to meter-reader)...

I didn't tell you that I filled out an application at a computer kiosk at a "Publix" supermarket here. And the application is not necessarily just for the one location I applied at, but for other Publix locations nearby, too.

(There are 4 locations that I can think of that i've seen in a 15-mile radius from where I'm at) I applied to work either as (bagging groceries/produce/and shelf stocking)

The thing was... I applied there first thing when I got down here late last September. I thought that my application would be good for 30 days until it would expire....

but it turns out that it was still good.... as long as I update it once every 30 days. (See, I didn't do it) I went to Publix last week Saturday. (I thought at first I was putting in a whole new application... BUT)

The computer remembered the application I put in earlier last September.  :DD  It was there all along... I just forgot to update the "effective date" on it once every 30 days. So I updated it, and It'll be good until March 7th.. and that's where i'll go back and update it again if I don't hear from them by then.

And a few days after updating my application at Publix, I got this e-mail, and it helped me out a little, and I totally understood...

Here is an exact quote of the e-mail I got below:

" Jared Kick,

Thank you for taking the time to update your application.  We know there are many places you could pursue employment, so we appreciate your interest in Publix Super Markets.

We have fewer openings than usual because of the tight economy. And even when we do have an opening, only two or three applicants are called in for interviews. So if you aren't called, it's not because we don't think you have something to offer - it's because we have hundreds of applicants for each opening and we can only select one person to hire.

Your application will remain active until the date you were given when you updated it.  You can update your application at any Publix store. "

So, In other words, i'm eligible for employment there... as long as I remember to keep my application updated once every 30 days...

And the third subject... car news.

It's almost time to say goodbye to our 2008 GMC Envoy
We have to return it to a GM dealership down here. The lease has expired on it, and we will return it on March 11th.

We leased it and picked it up brand-new. (I remember the exact date, too. Friday, October 12th, 2007, about a month before the terrible "Wisdom of Friends" was released)

And within the next week, we will have our other car, yes, the oldie, with 225,000 exhausting miles. our 1995 Buick Riviera will be sent down here on a car carrier from our garage at our Michigan house.

And my dad was able to find an auto repair shop to put the good A/C compressor into the car. We have the part, we just needed someone to install it, and we found a place. So, at least I won't be ROASTING HOT in the car anymore once the new compressor gets put in.....

(Y'know it was one of the first '95 Riviera's ever built?) The CARFAX report says it was built on April 22, 1994. So at the time it was built....

there was ONLY 1 LBT movie out. (the original)  because "The Great Valley Adventure" wasn't released until December '94.

So the Riviera will be here in about a week, and we have the Envoy for 1 more month.. My dad is hunting for a car to buy to replace the Envoy.

And my grandma will be flying down here for a visit soon. (I think she flies down on March 2nd, and then flies back up to Michigan on March 16th)

Ok, that's all the news I have for now guys. I will be back with more updates in the future.

so...
***Jared the rhamphorhynchus is still grounded!!    :cry :cry  but hopes he'll start flying soon.***

I appreciate your positive, friendly comments and encouragement on this thread, guys, thank you.

Btw, in the "Flyers Of The Mysterious Beyond" fanfic story..

*sorry if you found it a little offensive, but I wanted to do it*

What did you think of the part where I let out a big, loud fart and couldn't help it? And then Luke farted, too, and tried to hide his!
I think it's funny.  :DD I'm such a stinky rhamphorhynchus sometimes. hee-hee. :smile