The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Oct 3 2011 on  09:48 PM
^^Maybe some Applejack will help.  She seems to be unaffected by Pinkie Pie.

That's pretty badass. :DD

And you sir just made me justify my reasons for having AppleJack being my favorite tomboy pony. :3

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That Ponygeist billboard was epic.

And you sir just made me justify my reasons for having AppleJack being my favorite tomboy pony. :3

Applejack is my favorite too.

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile
After watching a few episodes I'd say Rainbow Dash would be my favorite character of the show

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
This is my screen right now.

I wish there was one for Discord. Then I could just have him and Celestia up and see how it goes from there.

It's a real hoot when Celestia and the Mane Six break out singing the theme song XD

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
One thing puzzles me, how the hell did Fallout: Equestria get so popular?

Not even Latias' Journey, PokÈ Wars, The Thessalonica Legacy or for that matter any other fan fic reached this level of popularity.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
1.) The Fallout Gaming Series is very popular in many catagories.

2.) The characters are well played with the OC Characters that seem believable and canon

3.) The story and plot is well made because it has the length to help fleshen out characters and story (Most chapters take 1-2 hours to read. Some chapters can even reach 100 pages long, and with about 40 chapters, and more coming along the way, just do some basic math there. Also, there are many side stories written by fans [Much like the Conversion Bureau Scenario], and Kkat, the original author, actually approved of another side story which has just reached 22 Chapters and is, in my opinion as well as others, on par with the original)

4.) The author likes to make many throwbacks to the show, like when LittlePip explores the ruins of Ponyville. He also gives small shout outs to the show, and some even play a major role in the plot like Spike

5.) The story is actually a lot DARKER than the video games. I know, hard to believe, but compared to the Fallout Series, this single FanFic is actually darker because A.) The programers wouldn't be able to code some things into the game that are epicly awesome in the FanFiction B.) The FanFic is a lot more gruesome than the Video Game because the ESRB would most likely demand to remove some portions of the game if they were included C.) Words can sometimes describe more than a bunch of polygons

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Quote from: Bongo,Oct 5 2011 on  08:50 PM
The story and plot is well made because it has the length to help fleshen out characters and story (Most chapters take 1-2 hours to read. Some chapters can even reach 100 pages long, and with about 40 chapters, and more coming along the way, just do some basic math there. Also, there are many side stories written by fans [Much like the Conversion Bureau Scenario], and Kkat, the original author, actually approved of another side story which has just reached 22 Chapters and is, in my opinion as well as others, on par with the original)
What surprises me even more is how fast this dude can write. Does he have anything else to do?

Holy s---, I don't think I've seen anyone else write fanfic as fast as he does.

Either way, it ain't my genre... mainly because I never really got into the Fallout-verse.

And I hated the Conversion Bureau-verse. Mainly because the pony's Humans Are Bastards view started to grate on me after the first few times they mentioned it.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: f-22 "raptor" ace,Oct 5 2011 on  08:02 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrpJ9R9TSac
D'AWWW! I must get one of those :wub but it costs so much!  :(

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
At at 152.50 with shipping that is really expensive for a Plushie.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
HASBRO, Y U NO MAKE THAT D: !
Seriously. They need to get rid of that...Pinkie Pie atrocity and insult to Celestia ("I'm a Princess! Are you a Princess too?" Wtf?)
This is $$$ gold right thar

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
So is putting the first season of My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic on DVD. That is where the real money would be made for them.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

My reaction:

So is putting the first season of My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic on DVD. That is where the real money would be made for them.

It's on iTunes. The only problem is that it's distributed easily and freely online. Why pay for something you can easily get for free?

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
Two Words: COPYRIGHT TROLLS.

I swear man, YouTube episodes are being plucked out of the internet like carrots on harvesting day because YouTube is too ignorant to know that the episodes are perfectly fine online, and it takes a while to download the 1080p Rips. Plus, I am not sure whether or not some of those download pages can give me a virus. iTunes (At the moment) is the most practical, easy, and fail safe way to get episodes, because I am not touching a download page with a 10 foot cyber pole

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Damn those trolls!  <_<
I got mine at 720p since I can never find a 1080p iTunes version. I would buy them, but I'm saving for Terra Nova. That and I already downloaded them in 720p  :nyah

PanickyPetrie14

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dozyslumbers
I only got the 360p... It's because 720p and 1080p will blow up my computer. You know what i'm saying? Those versions are HD and it will take a very big space in my computer... So i got the 360p ones.

Plus, I have ALL of season 1 in my iPad :D :smile

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yes I might soon one day download all the episodes off of Youtube to save a lot of money right there. I love downloading free stuff.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Our PC at my office is much faster.

My Fujitsu is buffering if I set it at 1080p for off topic.