The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Land Before Time Oscar nomination?

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I just noticed in IMDb, that there has appeared an Oscar nomination for Land Before Time for best original song (If we hold on together). I think it's pretty weird because i'm sure it hasn't been there before. Is this true or not?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I don't recall if it was or not.  It wouldn't surprise me if this was true because An American Tail's song, "Somewhere Out There" did really well on the pop charts, and is even heard every now and then on 80s radio stations these days, some 25 years later.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Well, looking at the "List of awards won by the Land Before Time" on the wikia, here is what we got, for the whole series:

It's got 3 Young Artist Awards nominations and 2 wins

2 Saturn Awards nominations

6 Annie Awards, with 1 win.

12 DVD Exclusive Awards nominations for the sequel series. 4 for Best Movie Premiere, 4 for Best Character Perfomance and 4 for Best Original Song.

1 Motion Picture Sound Editors award nomination.

So, nothing major (though Annie awards are pretty prestigious, I think), and certainly nothing from the Academy. Kinda funny how none of the 3 awards they DID win were for the original.