The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Nostalgia Critic: The OTHER Animated Titanic

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The plot was just...  ugh!  The whole thing with the whales was stupid, the characters were pure crap, and this piece of trash is a slap in the face to the victims of the real disaster.  There is only one way to express how bad all this is.

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I've never seen this. But after watching clips of it, I lost all hope for humanity... :x

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I spent some time crying in front of a mirror, too.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Caodao2

• Ruby
    • View Profile
It was SO bad, it was hard to watch a comical review of it. Really.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm not watching the review because I find the movie THAT terrible. -_-

Now, if you don't mind, I need to beat myself silly until I forget it exists again.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: pokeplayer984,May 20 2011 on  03:44 PM
I'm not watching the review because I find the movie THAT terrible. -_-

Then you're missing out. Oh well. Your choice.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Having tried to sit through once, myself, I totally get where player is coming from.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just think how NC feels.  He had to sit through the whole movie.  We only had to watch random bits and pieces.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Actually I daresay it must be a lot of fun to review so terrible a movie joking about it in the process. Though it is part of his performance to present himself as suffering from it, I do not believe that watching such a movie to make fun of it and earning money in the process is anywhere near the frustration one would feel if one had gone to a cinema watching it expecting something good.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I would pay good money to see the expressions of theater goers once they got to the "magic tear moon beams" bit.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I never watched this movie or the Nostalgia Crtic. But I must say, NC is awesome. My stomach hurt from laughing!

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Hard to believe the rapping dog version had the better story overall. :x :x

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Quote from: Malte279,May 21 2011 on  02:07 AM
Actually I daresay it must be a lot of fun to review so terrible a movie joking about it in the process.
If you like that idea, there are three shows I recommend you check out on Youtube:

Mystery Science Theatre 3000 (Older, awful movies)
Cinematic Titanic
Rifftrax (Modern movies)

These shows literally comprise of just that: The cast sitting through terrible movies and making fun of them the whole way through. Great fun, I've tried it sometimes.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Allicloud,May 21 2011 on  06:39 AM
Actually I daresay it must be a lot of fun to review so terrible a movie joking about it in the process.
If you like that idea, there are three shows I recommend you check out on Youtube:

Cinematic Titanic
Rifftrax (Modern movies)

These shows literally comprise of just that: The cast sitting through terrible movies and making fun of them the whole way through. Great fun, I've tried it sometimes.
I still can't figure out the exact effect they use to pull off the whole "silhouetted in the background" deal, but it's obvious they're quite good at it.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Quote from: pokeplayer984,May 21 2011 on  09:03 AM
Quote from: Allicloud,May 21 2011 on  06:39 AM

Cinematic Titanic
Rifftrax (Modern movies)

I still can't figure out the exact effect they use to pull off the whole "silhouetted in the background" deal, but it's obvious they're quite good at it.
The way they do it is surprisingly simple:

1. The seats are posterboard cutouts painted black.
2. Mike/Joel dresses in black, and they use special duplicate versions of the robots that are painted black.
3. The screen is just a big white screen.
4. They are actually watching the film on a small TV that is concealed by the seats
5. They then "greenscreen" the film onto the white screen in post-production.

Zenoah

• Spike
    • View Profile
I found this movie (just from the bits and pieces)  a HUGE slap in the face to the one's who had to live thru it!
But this review was hilarious. I cant belive some of the BS they put in this film...like the "flying" whales, the large dog-face octopus and not to mention is was sharks who were plotting to take down the Titanic....

Give me the rapping dog any day...

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile
I tried watching this but shut it off after 5 minutes.

It's terrible but it sure beats what cartoon network has on now (regular show, adventure time, etc)

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
If I had to beat my self up and torcher my self I'd sit through both of these horrible piece's of garbage just to see how bad they're. The Rapping Dog one was stupid and horrible. I hate to admit it but that song isn't god awful. It's not bad. It's horrible but not the worst rap song in the world. So When I saw both of those reviews I kinda felt bad that people made him watch such painful god awful movies. I like to torcher myself with horrible god awful animated movies sometimes.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,May 19 2011 on  08:07 PM
I spent some time crying in front of a mirror, too.
I second this.

The people that made this film definitely don't believe in "respecting the dead". :p