The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Cera's Mom

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
There ae probably topic's abut this already but let's review =p

She appeared for a few moments in lbt1, but at the end he as nowhere to be seen, although there's another triceratops near topsy (:D) that looks female (as much as one can). Then she appeared in lbt2 in the scene where they fall in the swamp, but she didn't say anything and then she just disappeared without a trace. Where did she go?
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
There ae probably topic's abut this already but let's review =p
While there have been some threads about is, you came up with something new New Order!  :yes
The mother of Cera you spotted in LBT 2 had never been mentioned before. When I read about it I snatched my LBT 2 DvD immediately to check. Sure enough there is a female looking threehorn in the background when Cera's Dad first hears the shouts from the kids in the sinking sand. That threehorn is not to be seen later on at the sinking sand. While there is no direct confirmation it definitely looks like she is supposed to be Cera's mother.
I'm afraid this is a question which won't ever be answered in any LBT movie. They should have said something in LBT 11 about her, but they didn't and I don't expect they ever will. So every one of us has to think of an own story about the whereabouts respectively fate of Cera's mother.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I would assume Cera's mother never made it otherwise... *gasp* Adultery!!!!  :lol:  Well maybe not for some species of animals anyway. :p

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
From the scientific point of view the few couples we see in LBT seem to be quite faithful (maybe that's why there are so very few couples). According to the BBC series walking with dinosaurs and an article in a geography magazine which I don't have anymore an actual family life was to be found mainly among hadrosaurs and (possibly) among threehorns.
The article explicitely said that large carnivores (e.g. Chomper's parents) didn't stay together, nor are sauropods (Littlefoot's grandparents) supposed to have been monogamous and as for the flyers... well, let's not get into that.
The lack of couples in most LBT movies is probably caused mainly by lack of things to do for so many characters. At least I hope it is not for the same reason that Disney wouldn't want to have any fathers or mothers in Duckburgh it's only uncles there.

I have my own version of the story of Cera's mother, though I have made no progress at all with the writing of lately.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
I can tell you that one thing about Tria now part of LBT nothing else though that she is filling in the place as the mother. that all I will say. I will leave you guys to talk about it and create serieno ideas of this. :)

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I figured as much, when a charcter doesn't leave the great valley it's a bit silly to just stop talking about them, expecially when they get involved with such an important character as Mr Threehorn. I mean, what happened with Hyp and the other two guys? I guess since they were older they didn't hang out that much with the gang of five, still the way they just disappeared makes no sence. LBT is made for kid but they're not idiots!

As for the topic itself, I didn't know you guys didn't spot that female threehorn in the background =p
Another charcter that eventhough is in many movies never said anything is Ducky's father. What's up with that?
As for T-Rex's being loners and not keeping their mates, I disagree with that theory, I believe that much like howels and eagles, carnivorous dinosaurs made pacts to mate for life, perhaps not raptors since they developed packs so they could have some sort of hierachy, or some sort of family, with children going away every once in a while. I believe that T-Rex's were caring parents that took care of their children together untill they were old enough to leave the "nest".

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
On a Program called Prehistortic Park the first one of the series is with T-rex and believed they live in pacts and hunt together and have a nesting grounds. since in one location they found many T-rexes together and in other new locations on the Earth where they found showing they did things together and not alone. I believe this cause there so much evidence to it now.

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
At times I think there are bits of animation goofs. One I noticed in paticular was in LBTIII, when everyone first noticed the water from the Thunder Falls stopped running, the camera showed a shot a triceratops and playing in the water was not one, but two younger triceratop that looked exactly like Cera. That baffled me greatly. What adds even more to it was at that time Ducky, Petrie, and Spike (Well, mostly Ducky and Petrie) were searching for Cera. Either I've gone crazy or they seriously made an animation goof badly! XD

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Why would that be a goof? There were just two young threehorns looking like Cera who used to be just another young threehorn. All of her sibilings looked like her too in her hatching scene, so those two young threehorns in LBT are not uncommon.

I think there is hardly a dinosaur about whom there has been as much discussion, quarrel even, as about T-Rex. I repeated what the series walking with dinosaurs and that article (which I regretably don't have anymore) said.
Some people suppose T-Rex was merely a scavenger, some people suppose that had T-Rex ever tripped or lain down it would have been unable to stand up again. I didn't read too much about both parties arguments so I cannot quite decide what I believe on the issue of T-Rex families. One thing one mustn't forget though is that such a T-Rex probably needed lots of foot. Several T-Rex would need even more obviously. This point would speak against the theory of T-Rex's hunting in large packs (which is so far considered certain only for the much smaller raptor kinds).

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Sorry, can be a little lightheaded at times. :lol I never really thought she had other siblings, but I guess it may not be a goof. Ducky has ten other siblings and I'm sure they look like her.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I can guess one thing happened to Cera's mother... death!

How?

I don't have a clue. :P:

It seemed that at some point, Cera ended up being the only one living with her father.  What happened to all of her siblings is unknown.

I still stand by the theory that Cera has a much older brother or sister, and that sibling was the one that had Dinah and Dana.  And to explain their stub horns, I'd say they got an early growth spurt.  What luck! :p

Now, I also have to say that I believe that Cera had a close connection with her mother, which might be why she was so reluctant of Tria having a relationship with her father.

Maybe the upcoming series will have an episode where they clear up everything.  It's one I would like to see. :)

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe sooner in LBT 12  :nyah

I know something but not telling. since it will spoil it and I would not spoil it even ppl ask me to tell them. I gave my word not to say

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Threehorn,Sep 28 2006 on  04:44 AM
Maybe sooner in LBT 12  :nyah

I know something but not telling. since it will spoil it and I would not spoil it even ppl ask me to tell them. I gave my word not to say
Even if we bribed you with offers you can't refuse, you wouldn't say anything?

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Even if we bribed you with offers you can't refuse, you wouldn't say anything?

Threehorn is a man of his word. I heard about his adventures though the Universal Studios with all the LBT things. He gave them his word, and because he is loyal to the series and his friend who actually plays the role of Ducky which I think is neat, he wouldn't say anything. Not unless of course I offered him..(puts pinky finger up to the mouth) One Million dollars!  :lol Only kidding of course! Still, I respect Threehorn's choice in not telling us. If I was spoiled about everything in Kingdom Hearts 2 before it hit the U.S., I would have gone nuts!

Still, you may have a point about Cera's mother being dead if she didn't want to have someone replace her.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That credit could go even more to Littlefoot1616, who didn't give away anything he was entrusted with by Aria and the other people at Universal's and didn't give any clues either.  :yes

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
well I only said what was little and harmless, I did ask them before doing so and they was fine with it :)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
That credit could go even more to Littlefoot1616, who didn't give away anything he was entrusted with by Aria and the other people at Universal's and didn't give any clues either.  :yes

Thanks for that Malte. I too did get out to see Aria and the LBT production offices out in California but since there was a some things that we were told not to divulge, I just felt it was more appropriate not to let it slip. Anyway, Threehorn seems to have gotten everything out before me so it's not like it's unknown.

Don't get me wrong guys. It's not like I was trying to hide any info from you all...I just felt obliged to abide by the wishes of the LBT producers and their fellow workers who bring us this series we love so much and I happen to be a man (or dinosaur) of my word  :^.^:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
All I said was a few tiny things that not a impact to it and asked if this tiny not so impacting information would be allowed to be said to others in this fourm while Littlefoot1616 was on Trek America.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Like I said before the only big spoiler would be if you told us when and where Ali was going to return. I remeber every time I watched a new lbt movie, always waiting to see if this was going to be the one where Ali was going to show up, being able to search the web to find out things about the movies has dimed that expectation, don't take the rest of it away from me =p