The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Robert Blatner

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Who is he? In the end of LBT 2 it says, dedicated to te memory of Robert Baltner, III Thank you for your wisdom and inspiration. What part had he on LBT? Is he the reason there are sequels of the original movie? Why not dedicate a land before time, or a re-release of the original to Judith Barsi as well? Just a few questions :D
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I've been wondering about him too. The question about him was put up here and in the N54 forum too, but nobody knows who Robert Blattner III is or was. When I looked last time (which I admit is some time ago already) no information on him was to be found on imdb, not on wikipedia, and not even on google.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Hmm... the man that time forgot  :lol:
Still, don't you think it's weird someone dedicated a lbt to him? Expecially when they didn't do the same for Judith Barsi

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Maybe he was a friend of the production team that past away and they dedicated LBT 2 to him. Was he actually a member of the production team? Did he work on LBT 2 in anyway? I don't recall seeing his name in the credits reel. Wonder what his connection is?

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Maybe, he could've also helped Don Bluth in the making of the original one... I've googled it and came up empty, he's a complete mistery

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hmm, as I recall, there is a website where you can look up anyone who has ever lived, but I can't remember the name of the website at this moment.  I haven't been to it in a REALLY LONG time.  So give me a little time to find it. :)

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
He was most likely a very improtant person at universal. That's just my guess.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Can't have been too important though if our own are the only mentions of him to be found on the web. I also doubt it was anybody with any connection to Don Bluth. Bluth was not in any way involved in the production of the sequels. Robert Blattner III may just have been a good friend of an important member of the production crew (of Roy Alan Smith himself perhaps) with no own involvement in any movie business whatsoever.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Maybe, but I got the idea his death was the only reason they made a lbt2, so he could've worked with or helped Don Bluth in any way. However, the theory about he being a friend of Roy Alan Smith holds better than this one.
A website of everyone that has ever lived? Am I in it? If I am than I'll believe in it.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I can't find the website again becuase I don't remember the stupid name to it.

Anyways, I took out the "III" part for a Google search and found him to be a master in mathematics, but that's it. :P:

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Maybe, but I got the idea his death was the only reason they made a lbt2

I don't think that is true. OK, granted there is a 6 year gap between the original release of LBT and the first sequel, but I don't think that was the initial drive behind Roy Allen Smith taking the reigns and making another LBT feature film. I still stand by the idea that he was probably a friend and they dedicated the movie to him when he past away. If he WAS part of the production, I would have thought his name would be in the credit reel somewhere. I'm not saying that is exactly how it is...but that seems like the most logical explanation to me. But...each to their own...

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I agree with you Littlefoot1616. It really sounds extremely unlikely that the death of Robert Blattner III was the reason for the production of LBT 2. No offense meant, but I wonder where you are taking that idea from NewOrder. Profane as it sounds, the most basic reason for the production of most movies is spelled $.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
People, he's probably nobody in the business if he's nowhere on the internet. He's probably just a friend of one of the makers who passed away. That's what I've always thought.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Malte, that was the impression I got since they dedicated lbt2 to him. He could've had nothing to do with the production, and maybe just be a friend, that idea kind of holds better than mine.
When I first watched lbt2, I thought he was some kid who died for some reason who really loved the original lbt, that's probably not it, since I dought a little kid would be a source of wisdom and inspiration (the second one maybe). I guess we'll never know.