The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Terra'Nova

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
So I just finished watching the 3rd and 4th episodes.
The 3rd episode, titled Instinct, was good. It's about a flock (a HUGE flock) of small pterosaurs that, at the beginning of the episode, kill a group of Terra Nova soldiers. At first, Colonel Taylor thinks it might be Sixers, but then a few of the pterosaurs attack Jim and Josh. Things got interesting. When they shot the sonic blast and all the pterosaurs just rose up from the trees, I was like  :wow. It was good.
Episode 4 had a good storyline that was poorly executed by the actors. It's about a virus that eventually causes catatonia (which surprisingly isn't underlined in red here  :lol: ), created by one of the scientists who was attempting to cure Gorman's Disease, which I'm guessing is fictional, but is like a more dangerous form of Alzheimer's. The "cure virus" blocked the neuro pathways instead of opening them. Turns out, the Cold virus combated the other virus and everyone infected was cured using a deactivated form of the cold virus.
Well, the actors did a mediocre job at faking memory loss, with the exception of Stephen Lang who was most convincing.
Although these episodes weren't as good as the first 2, I am trooping on to the end.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't know if anybody else is still following this show, but I am. I downloaded and watched episode 5 and now I must watch the entire series. The 5th episode raised so many questions and showed what Terra Nova could, and should, be. This episode raised such questions as is Terra Nova really what it seems? Is Taylor who he seems, and why might people in 2149 have issues with him? Who is Mira's daughter, and is she really the villain, as Taylor is making her out to be? So many questions that I must know the answer to. I realize that only 5 of the 13 episodes are out. 8 more episode before the season finale.
I find the episodes boring and the characters dull, but this is like a bad book that for some reason you keep on reading and when you get to the end, you realized you liked the book but can't think why.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I watched the latest on MegaVideo and I did sort of like it.  Indeed, there are a lot of questions now with this new episode.  Still, I look forward to see what the answers are. :)

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I just watched the 6th (5th if you count Genesis part 1&2 as 1 episode) episode and I have to say this episode moved me at one point. SPOILERS!
So at the beginning, a soldier is attacked and killed by a Nykoraptor and, at first, it is passed off as a slip up on the soldier's part but Jim finds claw marks on the inside of the door, which he assumes means someone trapped it in there to kill said soldier. Well he investigates, finds out the soldier was having an affair with this married woman (scandal in Terra Nova!! :lol ). Well, she is hesitant to answer questions about their relationship, which she continually denies. Then, the guy who she married (she married him because he won a lottery ticket to Terra Nova. Terra Nova version of a gold-digger  :smile ). She starts talking to him about how Jim was asking question about the deceased and he angrily tells to "just shut up!" He say he knew about her and Foster (the soldier) and that he killed him!  :wow
So Jim interrogates him and he gives elaborate detail about how he did it. Jim feels that something is not right with Milner's confession after Elisabeth and him get into an argument which ends with her stating, "Like no one's ever had reason to falsely confess."
Taylor buries his soldier and passes punishment on Milner, banishing him from Terra Nova. This was the moment that almost made me cry. It was just moving and the best scene from the show so far. There were people who did not agree with Taylor's decision.
Jim finds Milner out in the wild and he finds out that Milner did in fact falsely confess because he did not want his wife (Rebecca) to be thrown out in the wild by herself because she murdered Foster (or did she?). They confront her and she says she did not kill Foster. She had broken up with him because he was a jerk and he only cared about his friends and...gambling! Card games were played at Boylan's bar.(more scandal) Jim checks Foster's financial records and finds someone who owed Foster a lot of money. They go to Boylan's and arrest him. Boylan has written records of all the money from the card games and Jim goes back to the bar to find them. They aren't there and Reynolds comes in with a bloody nose and says Boylan has escaped. Jim, Taylor, and one of the soldiers, Curran, follow Boylan's signal outside the gates but they don't find him. Then, the twist happens. It turns out that the soldier Curran owed Foster the money and killed him because he couldn't pay Foster the money he owed. In the end, he is banished without a weapon (Milner was given a weapon).
Oh and Josh (the annoyingly whiny b*** of a son) meets Mira and agrees to an unknown task to get his girlfriend to Terra Nova. I mean, this boy is stupid. He is willing to risk the entire colony in order to get his girlfriend. Poor Skye who, although volunteered to help, is clearly reluctant now that Mira is involved.
The twist came as a surprise to me. I honestly thought it was Boylan. I rewatched it and noticed a dead giveaway. At one point, they show Curran fidgeting and looking nervous.
And last note, the Shannon family has a new pet: a baby Ankylosaur! It's hatching scene was nothing compared to the Velociraptor hatching in Jurassic Park (the egg was simply plastic and hollow with a Ankylosaur robot inside).
Terra Nova is starting to get interesting. It took long enough. Halfway through the 1st season already.  :rolleyes Looking forward to more Terra Nova.

Edit: I forgot one major event and a subplot. When Elisabeth is autopsying the body, she finds Gallusaur blood (favorite food of the nykos) which turns out to be from bait that was hung in the shed to lure the nyko in.
Subplot: Elisabeth does surgery on the unhatched Ankylosaur because one of its front legs is fused to its neck.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Tonight's episode explained quite a bit.

So, it's all about stopping the corrupt government of 2149 from taking over mankind's only chance at survival.  It's about independence.  The same independence America fought way back when, put into a more future perspective.

This is getting quite good now. :)

Petria

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Life's all about the Land Before Time.
Everything we do must be related to the Land Before Time.
We are going to base our lives on the Land Before Time
I'm gonna sleep with the Land Before Time videos.
My new name is now Land Before Time.
I want the Land Before Time now
Now
NOW!
Landfoot! Cera! Aaaa!
My life!!! Aaaa!!!
PeepeePetrieee!!!!!
The land before tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime
I WANT IT NOW
tHe lAnD bEfOrE tImE

Our movie, Or bathroom helper, Our lives...

Remember, EVERYTHING YOU TALK ABOUT is The Land Before Time :)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Sorry, but on this board, we are not restricted to talking about just The Land Before Time. It would not be fair to everyone else on this board if they weren't allowed to talk about anything else. Remember, you are not in control of this board, so don't act like you can dictate what can be talked about here. If you prefer to only talk about LBT, then fine, you can stick to posting in the LBT section of this board. There are plenty of topics to go through.

And no offense but your posts are getting on my nerves. Your posts, in general, add nothing to the topic and come off as only spam. I recommend actually trying to add something to the topic. Like, since you posted in the topic about why Mr. Threehorn wasn't in movie 4, you could have offered a theory of your own or something.

If you don't want people to get annoyed with you, control yourself and stop posting obsessive messages about LBT being life and how we should only talk about LBT in every topic, and start posting things that are actually relevant to the topic. If you want to say you don't like something, you can say that so long as you are respectful and don't bash. Like if you want to say you don't like Terra'Nova, don't say "Terra'Nova sucks and anyone who likes it is stupid"; do say "I don't like Terra'Nova. It's not my cup of tea." or something like that.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Enjoy your trolling while you can, Petria. <_<

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
So, I finally managed to get a hold of the newest episode, Now You See Me, and it was a bit of a shocker. Again, SPOILERS!!
I had no idea who the Sixers' spy was, but I never thought that it was Skye. Her mother is being held captive by the Sixers'. She is sick with Syncillic Fever, however the Sixers' have medicine for it and are keeping her alive as long as Skye continues spying for them.
I liked seeing Mira and Taylor team up to battle the young male slashers that were stalking them. Mira also tells Taylor that Lucas gives her orders. So she does his bidding. I just thought they worked together because they both didn't like Taylor.
I am really looking forward to next week's episode. The summary: "Lucas manages to bring an army powered by the people who hired him and the Sixers through the portal, leading to a battle between them and the colony."
The season is almost over. Only 4 episodes to go.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, it's over. I was hoping that the finale would be better than the rest of the series and it definitely was. It wasn't the battle I was hoping for, but it was definitely a battle. There are two things I hate about this episode: they killed off the only character I really liked :cry (I really did cry) who was probably the most underdeveloped character and it left way too many unanswered questions. If there isn't a second season I'm going to be a little irritated, although I'm sure eventually I will get over it.
On a note, I think Taylor has given Mira a valid reason for her hating him. They sealed off the portal to 2149 and this means that she probably won't see her daughter again. She looked pissed when she found out. And also, poor Kara.
There was also some dinosaur-in-the-future-running-rampant-eating-people action, which I had always hoped would happen sometime during the season. Of course, Lucas got away. I was hoping Skye had killed him when she shot him-twice-but, alas. Oh well. If she had, it probably would have made creating a storyline for season 2 difficult, maybe...
I'm really hoping for a second season just because I want answers. What's is in the Badlands that would make the Phoenix Group abandon Terra Nova? And what was the prow of a ship doing there?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Saw the finale and think it can succeed with another season, but I think this is going to create more plot problems if they really do continue.  How is it there is more than one way into the past, and as I saw it....the exact time they created Terra Nova?  So...part of me says "Good show!" and I wouldn't care if there's no more to watch because I think they're going to have a hard time explaining some things should they continue the series.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I read about that earlier this week. The article I read specifically stated that Fox has decided to cancel Terra Nova, but that doesn't mean there will never be a second season. The makers of this show are now looking to other broadcasters for the possibility of making season 2. We'll just have to wait and see.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
A friend of mine told me that Netflix is speaking with Fox about buying Terra Nova. There's a chance they may make new episodes.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I recently found out that the Science Channel will be airing every episode of Terra Nova this coming Sunday, July 7, from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. So if anyone new here is interested in watching the entire show, here's your chance.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I've seen the show before and found out I liked it and I may do just that. It was a cool and decent show.