The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I finished Deus Ex a while ago but having never played the previous installments (apparently #2 was a royal crock of--) I have to say the game was brilliant. The stealth works excellently, not quite as deep as MGS I personally think, but I loved silently taking down enemies (especially the "tap-tap on the shoulder" takedown). I have to agree with what the reviewers say about the boss fights. They are a bit tedious and somewhat unbalanced I found. It seems to depend a lot on which of your Praxis points to used on which augments. I sailed through some fights whilst got beat down mercilessly by others. Fighting Jackal was almost impossible because of the electrified floor and I hadn't kitted myself out to deal with that. I'm not proud to admit it but I beat her because of a game glitch. She clipped the wall and got stuck and I just peppered her until she dropped.  :oops  :D The story is also intriguing coz it's one of those potentially real scenarios we as a race may possibly face in the future. The over-airing debate over human augmentation makes the world and crisis of the game believeable and does make you think and care about what's going on around you.

There's already DLC for Deus Ex which I'd like to get eventually. But as a newbie to this series, I'm glad I invested. Nice to hear that others on the forum have to. Oh, final word... the Icarus Landing System is awesome! :p :D

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I just wanted to say that the second Deus Ex (Invisible war) is more of a FUN game than an good "Deus Ex" game. I stand by that comment.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
I don't know if I'm being a noob for asking this, but is there any other way to fill your energy slots except for those food bar things? Because my first energy slot always refills, but then the others stay red which can be a real pain.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Sadly no. The only other way not to lose energy bars is to not completely expend them. Actions like X-ray vision and using Stealth drain each bar over time rather than using them up entirely. Provided you exit the ability before the battery is totally depleted, that unit will recharge. Actions like takedowns and breaking through walls will use up a bar completely and the only way to refill them is to eat those power bar thingys. If you're finding you are having trouble with multiple enemies, a trick I learned was to take out one guy using the stun gun (coz it's an instant KO no matter where you hit them) then quickly use a silent takedown on the other. Bear in mind, the stun gun is very short range but this tactic works wonders for 2 dudes standing pretty much side by side (that is assuming you don't have the double takedown upgrade, in which case, the answer's obvious :p). If done right, you can usually get rid of any threats without tripping the alarm.

Hope that helps! ;)

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Ah, ok. I thought I was missing something but if that's the case then I guess it just adds a new element of planning needed to be stealthy. That idea you suggested with the stun gun is pretty good, I'll do that until I get the double takedown upgrade (I didn't even know it existed!)

Thanks for helping me out, Littlefoot1616  :)

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I beat this game without upgrading augments and I know that trick pretty well.