The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Mario Kart 7

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Even though I don't have a 3DS, this is the first game for that handheld that's really catching my interest, it could potentially be the best MK of the series.

Points of interest for me:

I wonder why now, of all time, they put the sequel's number in the title as opposed to the console name. (Maybe they thought 3DS was too close to DS)

Seems the Wii Sports Resort Island course will be a one-lap only race, maybe it's the longest track in the series? (I have no doubt it'll be in the Special Cup of the game.)

The retro track selections look pretty good so far:

N64: Kalamari Desert
DS: Luigi's Mansion, Waluigi Pinball, DK Pass, Airship Fortress
Wii: Maple Treeway

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile
I can't wait to get this one for my 3DS :yes

I wonder why now, of all time, they put the sequel's number in the title as opposed to the console name. (Maybe they thought 3DS was too close to DS)

Mario Kart 7 is the 9th installment to the Mario Kart series, so I don't get why Nintendo put a seven. :confused

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Where are you getting 9 from? I can only think of 7 off the top of my head.

Super Mario Kart (SNES)
Mario Kart 64
Double Dash (gamecube)
Super Circuit (GBA)
DS one
Wii one
And now the 3DS one

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this one, if I ever get a 3DS. I hope the online is a lot like the Wii version one, as that one was awesome. Lag free, feature filled, and fun!
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think the 9 refers to the two arcade games, but not many people have played those so I guess Nintendo just didn't count them.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
My only request:

Since we'll probably have 4 Wii retro tracks, please no Moo Moo Meadows or Dry Dry Ruins.......

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile
Some of my requests are:

Only 8 racers at a time. Putting 12 racers in MarioKart Wii is probably why you get killed by so many blue shells.

Don't make the battle mode as terrible as Mario kart Wii.

Remove the Lightning cloud, because that item has caused so many unfair losses :bang .

Royal Raceway and Double Deck (battle) from Mario kart 64 and Daisy cruiser (Double Dash!!) as retro courses.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm more on the "Keeping the game hectic and fun" side, so I'm against less racers, removing items, and stuff like that. I mean, I really like all the chaos. It doesn't seem unfair to me, because if your good, you can still win most of the time.

Don't blame the items on you sucking. :p
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Ok, let's not get out of control here. We don't want an argument to start over this.

To be honest, I didn't really like Mario Kart Wii at all. Sure it's fun when you play it with the wheel and online play was cool when you found a game, but other than that nothing about it really impressed me. The motorcycles were kind of bleh for me and I wasn't too excited about the Wii maps themselves. I guess its because I really enjoyed Double Dash so much because it really took the first step to something new with two people per kart. I'm sure some people won't agree with me on this, but I found Double Dash to be the best in the franchise, even better than 64, because I have the most memories with it than I do 64.

On the subject of Mario Kart 7, the handhelds have always been really good, so I'm intrigued to see how this one does. I do plan on getting a 3DS in the future for other games, so I will definitely keep my eye out on this one and see how it does before I pick it up.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
If I had a 3DS I'd get this game. Because I was a huge fan of the other Mario Kart games. And it looks very good and the graphics are cool. So I would get it if I had a 3DS.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Speaking of Double Dash, I hope one of the GCN retro tracks is one of the special cup tracks.

Despite 8 DD tracks total being remade in DS and Wii, not one was from the Special Cup.

Waluigifan

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.waluigi.de
I don't get why Nintendo named the game "Mario Kart 7" when there are 9 Mario Kart games. Nintendo totally forgot about "Mario Kart Arcade GP 1 & 2". I also don't know why Nintendo put a number into the title since the other Mario Karts don't have a number. It makes only sense if Nintendo continues putting numbers into their game titles, like "Mario Kart 8" for Wii U or "Mario Part 9".

Royal Raceway
Yeah I also like this track very much! I hope Nintendo puts in more tracks from Mario Kart 64.

but I found Double Dash to be the best in the franchise, even better than 64
I partly agree to this. Mario Kart Double Dash has a better mix of items (no item chaos like the blue wings or the cloud as in Mario Kart Wii) and even better graphics (Nintendo had to use low-polygon graphics for MK: Wii because otherwise there would be lags due to the higher amount of kart drivers), better characters (not useless clone-characters like Baby Peach, Baby Daisy, Dry Bower) and better tracks, but I think Mario Kart 64 and Mario Kart: Super Circuit are even better because they have the best tracks in my opinion.

I pretty liked what I heard about Mario Kart 7 so far, but Nintendo puts in again useless characters like "Metal Mario" (WTF?!). What about Monty Mole, Wiggler, Petey Piranha, Koopa Paratroopa, The Koopalings, Koopa Kid etc. etc. etc.?? There are TONS of characters which are more suitable than such clone characters like Metal Mario. Even if Nintendo ran out of characters for their games, they could easily create new ones (enemies, for example) or revive old ones (like Foreman Spike, the forgotten Mario Character). Nintendo should stop just using the same character models for different characters. Where's the creativity?

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I liked the classic games a lot. Like Rainbow Road was my favorite course. And it was one of the longest ones.

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile
Nintendo puts in again useless characters like "Metal Mario" (WTF?!).

I agree

(Nintendo had to use low-polygon graphics for MK: Wii because otherwise there would be lags due to the higher amount of kart drivers)

Mario Kart Wii is a bit laggy when 3 or 4 players are playing, I don't know if this affects the PAL version or only NTSC.

Also one more request is to bring back the old blue shell from Mario Kart 64. Unlike the current one which flies above the ground and only hits 1st, the old one travels on the ground and hits everyone in front of you. The old one really helped you get back to 1st, while the current one only helps the 2nd or 3rd place racers.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
LOL Yeah I loved that Classic Blue Shell. When you played with people and you got that your friends said Oh s*** and you have a evil laugh lol. I wish that was brought back. They need to bring it back.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I find it neat that they're bringing back the coin system from the original and Super Circuit

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
add a tournament mode for vs. where you race off against the other racers based on how you did in the last cup. if you win the cup you get the top seed and play the last place finisher etc. number of racers depends on how many are in the game. like in dd there were a total of 20. as for the games i liked dd becaue of the 16 race cup. sure if you won every race you had the title weapped up with 5-6 races to go, but it was still fun. i;'ve played 64 dd and wii, and while 64 is an absolute classic. i enjoyed the different pairing you could do in dd
 i usually paired birdo and peach when i played.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I for got who I paired together when I got that fair.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I do think the hang glider kart bits look very interesting.

And for retro tracks, try to think of ones that could have gimmicks that could be used for the 3DS's 3D.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
The game looks good all and all Might get it if I had a 3DS.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
An update I found:

Based on screenshots, we can add the following two tracks to the Retro Cup list:

SNES Mario Circuit 2 and N64 Luigi Raceway.

Now, since we know 4 DS tracks are back, it's logical to assume 4 Wii tracks will return as well.

So 4 for DS and Wii, and 2 for SNES, N64, GBA, and GCN is what everyone is assuming how the retro list will work out, as that equals 16.

If that is true, then we can stop guessing/hoping for certain 64 tracks.....