The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Mario Kart 7

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Retro-track related news!  :)

N64 Koopa Troopa Beach is confirmed, as well as....

Wii Mushroom Gorge
Wii Coconut Mall
GCN Dino Dino Jungle
Wii Koopa Cape

That just leaves 2 unknown retro tracks....hoping for two Gamecube ones, myself.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Update!

GCN Daisy Cruiser has been confirmed as one of the last 2 retros!

If you check the game's Japanese web site, you can see clips of the first 3 new and first 3 retro cups!

Though one retro track still remains unknown, we can determine for the Special Cup, the missing tracks besides the BC and Rainbow Road are the DK jungle track which was one of the 3 demo ones, and this ice course which looks to be based off Super Mario Galaxy.

As for the new characters: Metal Mario, Lakitu (That thing that holds the starting signal), Wiggler, and Queen Bee.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Awesome I liked the character choices they have.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The final retro track has been revealed.....

........SNES Rainbow Road!  :)

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ohh, nice. Now that's nastalgic :)
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
That is awesome. I'm looking forward to playing this game when I get it.

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile
I've got the game pre-ordered and I'll get it on December 4th when it comes out.

Can't wait to play it.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Man, the Gamefaqs MK7 board is going crazy over the fact Waluigi isn't in the game....sheesh, some people are saying they're not buying the game over that!

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Oh they're just whiny little babies. I will sill buy the game.. Because I don't care who is in the game.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
All I can say is thank god he was taken out. He is the most ugly, annoying, pointless character that was ever introduced to a video game series.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_JA1jb-aXo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HICJKwiJolo

Video playthroughs of the Star and Special Cups!

My thoughts:

Piranha Plant Slide looks really good.
Wario's Shipyard has an almost 90 degree angle section  :lol
Neo Bowser City looks nice, but kind of bland.
Maka Wuhu- intense!

the new Bowser Castle-looks like the toughest one yet.

The new Rainbow Road......it looks RELENTLESS.

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
so, rainbow road isn't a normal 3-lap course, but a really long course you only go though once? That's pretty interesting.
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Trenton

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Mario Kart 7 looks great on the 3DS game system. In fact, Mario Kart veterans may notice the resemblance it shares with Mario Kart Wii. The 3DS continues to show us what its graphical capabilities can reach, and Mario Kart 7 is no exception. The race tracks are wonderfully detailed and have a terrific color palette. The tracks inspired, or are recreated, from Mario Kart games of the past are a treat to experience with the 3D feature enabled. Green shells, red shells, and banana peels whiz right before your eyes as you race to come in first place. The blooper’s (squid) ink also appears to blind you like never before. The feature is handled very cleverly and should not be neglected. If your eyes can handle the 3D effect, I suggest giving it a try.
Everything that makes a Mario game sound like a Mario game is jam packed into that small 3DS cartridge. All your favorite character’s whimsical sound effects, including their victory and defeat gestures haven’t loss their touch. It’s to be expected from a Mario Kart game, of course, but it’s all part of the complete package.

Players will be treated to a variety of the best Mario Kart tunes from games past, as well as a collection of new material inspired by the latest Mario games. Even a tune and race track inspired by Donkey Kong Country Returns can be spotted.

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Why do  feel like I'm reading an advertizement?
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Waluigifan

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.waluigi.de
They cut Waluigi from the game. :/ I am very disappointed.

However, they included some nice retro tracks.

By the way, this game is a collaboration with Retro Studios. Retro Studios was responsible for the course design and the retro tracks while Nintendo was responsible for the gameplay and physics.

I wonder who was responsible for the worst character roster in Mario history?

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
has anyone considered making a gof community in mk7 yet? that would definatly be the easiest way for all of us to play together.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah someone needs to make one right now. I joined my other forum community in Mario Kart 7.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I took the liberty of creating the community myself. The code for it is 02-2205-0009-3053. Its set for 150cc and all items with a Yoshi icon since he is closest to a dinosaur as well as being awesome. I'll also post the code and my 3DS friend code in the gamers unite topic.