The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Mario Tennis 3DS

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile
Mario Tennis 3DS

It's about time they make a new mario tennis game. I just hope that there isn't a boring rpg mode that has nothing to do with Mario.

Also I wonder how the motion controls will work  :confused

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I know it's been a long time. I didn't care for the Game Boy Advance Version much at all. But the Nintendo 64 Version was awesome. I really enjoyed that game also. Let's hope the new one will be just as good as the Nintendo 64 version is.

Waluigifan

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.waluigi.de
I'm glad that Nintendo doesn't give up this series and I'm glad that this game is developed by Camelot. They're really good at making sport games (for example, Mario Sports Mix sucked, and it was developed by Square while the Mario Golf & Tennis series got high ratings).

But why no RPG mode? I very liked the GameBoy Advance titles of the series even though the main characters were not Nintendo characters. It is just amazing that you are able to level up your player (however, I would agree to you all that Mario characters are better main characters than these Camelot characters, but I find it very good that they at least integrated a great Single Player Mode). It is also great that you can transfer your players and golf clubs from Mario Golf: Advance Tour to Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour. I don't see why Camelot removed that feature on Mario Power Tennis for GBA & GC.

Anyway, I'm really happy about a new tennis game. I hope this won't be just a remake of Mario Power Tennis because it just looks like a remake.
I'm still waiting for a Mario Golf for 3DS and a Mario Golf & Tennis game for the Wii U to come!!

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile
But why no RPG mode?

I never really liked RPGs. Its one of the main reasons I hardly ever played the Gameboy versions of Mario Tennis/Golf. I played the N64 and Gamecube versions a lot.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Ah but why don't you like Role Playing Games tho? And I will get it when it comes out.

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile
Ah but why don't you like Role Playing Games tho?

I don't like the slow paced gameplay and theres always a lot of text in the opening where you have to hammer the A button for 5 minutes to go through text before you can finally move.

Back on Mario tennis, I wonder if this means that a new Mario tennis game is coming to the Wii.