The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Pterano's Characters

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
So far, I only have just the one. I have other characters, but they aren't LBT related, so I'll hold off on posting them here for now.

Name: Norton
Species: Pteranodon

Appearance: Cream underbelly, and a very deep red for the body. Wings are a diaphanous lighter to medium brown. Looking at the shades of red, I'd say his body is carmine for the shade, and the wings would be burnt sienna.

Personality: Norton is very ambitious, yet also suffers from insecurities as well. He believes that if he isn't doing the best he can, it's not enough. His overriding desire is to find his father, and even though he has no proof that he still lives, Norton still believes his father to be alive. He can tend to have a bit of a sharp tongue, and be critical of others, but he tends to be just as critical of himself if not more so, as he'll constantly berate himself if he does something wrong. He is quick to anger, but is also very quick to forgive as well. He also has an anxiety neurosis, tending to become tightly wound under stress. To counteract this, he has trained himself (sometimes to the point of even forcing it) to become less rigid in his methods of dealing with things, and has also picked up several calmer ways of coping on his numerous travels.

Despite his tendency to be critical and anger easily, he is not very confrontational in arguments, and rarely gets involved in them unless pushed, at which point his biting sarcasm will emerge.

On the positive side, he is highly intelligent, and a very fast learner, able to pick up skills and methods very rapidly. He loves absorbing details (having a hearty thirst for learning), and though he is sometimes slow to make friends, the friends he does make all attest to his nearly unimpeachable loyalty, as he'll stand by them regardless of whatever they may put him through (as nothing short of serious betrayal can shake his faith in his friends). Friendship and trust is something he highly values, and it shows in the more positive relationships he has with others. He is also incredibly empathic, and does well at reading the emotions of those around him, and is a rather sympathetic creature, often times finding himself trying to help those he barely even knows. He believes in placing courtesy before criticizing, and comes off as quite amiable to those around him, only showing his harsher side both if he's familiar with the situation and comfortable doing so.

He is also very tactile, and will often times have something present in his hand, be it a twig he's twirling or a rock he's running over his fingers and claws. It seems rather random and irrelevant to most others, and even he can't fully explain why he does it.

Biography: I don't think I'm going to delve too much into this yet. I suddenly got inspiration for a new fic that I might write centered around him, so yeah, if I do end up writing it, there'd be no point in spoiling things before it's even written.  What I can say is that he's the biological son of Pterano, has no idea what happened to his father, but is determined to find him someday. He mainly does this by traveling, both to learn more about the world, and to see if he can find any clues as to his father's whereabouts.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post