The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Gamecube games on the Wiiu

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile
I recently read that the Wiiu is capable of playing Gamecube games but only through Virtual console, the original discs won't play. The only game that I know of so far that will appear on VC is Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Now if the Wiiu is play GCN games through VC, then why can't Nintendo let us play the original discs? Also I wonder if this will allow us to play GC games in 1080p? The GC only went up to 480p.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
My guess is to save money. They probably don't want to have the extra controller and memory card ports on the console, as it would raise the production cost of it.

I heard the recent Wii remodel removes these ports, is that right? Haven't been on the top of this for the last few months, so I might have just heard a rumor, and remembered it as news.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)