The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time Live Marathon

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey there, everyone!  My site, The Land Before Time WD, is coming to it's relaunch at long last and ALL of the TV Series Episodes will FINALLY be back.  My ingenious planning has also ensured that they NEVER disappear again.  They will stay FOREVER! (I even have backups, upon backups, upon backups, upon backups.... you get the idea.  Basically, if one falls, I'll have MANY backups ready to put them back up ASAP.  They're not truly disappearing like that from my site again.  EVER!)

Anyways, in celebration of this occasion, I am hosting a special, one week long marathon of The Land Before Time.  All 13 Movies!  All 26 Episodes!

It shall be featured LIVE!

November 1st to November 7th. (Dates are subject to change depending on my schedule.)

Don't miss it!

Post all your questions here for details on how this will work.

See ya then! :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hmm... Are any of you sure you don't have any questions?  Any at all?  I'm pretty sure all of you do.

Come on now, ask away!  All shall be answered. :)

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Which site do I have to visit? Where do I sign up? Which programs I need? Do I have to pay anything?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: jansenov,Oct 26 2011 on  12:44 PM
Which site do I have to visit? Where do I sign up? Which programs I need? Do I have to pay anything?
Okay, in order.

First off, you won't have to visit any sites outside of mine.  The video player at hand will be embedded right into a page on my site.  If you are wondering which ones, I'll have several different ones ready to be on the safe side.

You won't need to sign up anywhere to view it.  It will be made public to anyone who visits the page I'm busy making at my site.  No need to register.

The only programs you'll need are the latest Flash and Java updates for your browser.  Other than that, you're good to go.

You won't need to pay a thing.  You'll be able to view it, free of charge.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
will the live thing be running 24/7 that week, or is it only certain times? Because there's only like 24ish hours of LBT material in total.

Maybe not a related question, but do you get to run your site for free, or are you paying anything to keep it up and running
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I have a question. Since this is being done live, does that mean you'll be posting the episodes with any opening or closing commentary or any type of personal views during or after the episodes?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: vonboy,Oct 26 2011 on  03:55 PM
will the live thing be running 24/7 that week, or is it only certain times? Because there's only like 24ish hours of LBT material in total.

Maybe not a related question, but do you get to run your site for free, or are you paying anything to keep it up and running
It'll only be done at certain times.  This mainly has to do with my schedule.  So yeah, it won't be 24/7, but I'll try my best to get it all out in one week.  Once I get everything figured out with my schedule, I'll make sure to post the times.

As for whether or not I pay anything for my site, I pretty much do.  The domain name was absolutely free at the cost of having to pay $6 a month to run it.  However, I get Unlimited space and bandwidth to work with.  So yeah, wrap your head around that.  For me, it's quite affordable.

I have a question. Since this is being done live, does that mean you'll be posting the episodes with any opening or closing commentary or any type of personal views during or after the episodes?

Due to the fact I'll have to use my headphone mic to run the audio, you might hear me talking or background noise sometimes.  If I talk, I'll most likely comment on something.  Be it a certain scene, character, moment or getting after one of the people in the chat that is misbehaving. (Oh, did I forget to mention there will be a Free Open Chatroom for everyone to use during the event? (No sign up required.) Yeah, hope you enjoy that.) So yeah, you might have that, but otherwise, it should go without a hitch.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, there is one thing I do want to talk to you guys about.  It's about how well the video will play.  Yes, there can be technical complications and it's important that I discuss them.

From the experience I've had with seeing things LIVE on the net, I can tell you that lag issues can happen.  Whether or not they happen depends on several factors.  They are as follows.

The source's connection speed. (I usually get 13mbps to 20mbps.)

The video player at hand being used. (ie UStream, LiveStream, JustinTV, etc. are only a few of the many LIVE players available, and a good chunk of them are absolutely free of charge to use.)

The viewer's connection speed. (700kbps is the minimum needed to view it.)

The number of people viewing the event at the same time. (I'm expecting a lot of people.)

Let me give you an idea of what can happen with these things.

Micheal Jackson's funeral was done LIVE. It got SO many viewers online, it continuously lagged from practically beginning to end on ALL speeds available.

Obviously, I'm not expecting THAT many viewers, but it does give you an idea of what can happen, right?

However, if you have a High Speed connection, (3mbps or higher recommended) lag should be kept to a minimum.  Obviously, the higher you have, the better.  Sadly, this is one of the many prices you pay for a low-speed connection.

So yeah, those of you that STILL have dial-up, you're out of luck with this one.  Sorry!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, the broadcast shall begin November 1st at 7 AM Pacific/10 AM Eastern.

November 1st Movies: As many as possible for 12 hours.  15 minute breaks after each movie will be given.

I shall not reveal more until after the first day.

See ya later!

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Not to be the wet blanket here, but why during the day when a lot of members here are either

A. at work
B. at school

Why not an evening showing when you're actually likely to get the viewers you speak of?  I would think with a couple of days left, maybe reconsider the showtimes.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Oct 29 2011 on  07:07 AM
Not to be the wet blanket here, but why during the day when a lot of members here are either

A. at work
B. at school

Why not an evening showing when you're actually likely to get the viewers you speak of?  I would think with a couple of days left, maybe reconsider the showtimes.
There's really not much other time I can work with because of my work schedule.  I really can't work with anything else.  Sorry!

EDIT: However, now that I think about it, I guess I should try to do as many as I can in the later hours.  However, understand that I may not have much of a choice but to do it earlier due to my schedule, okay?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I've decided to go with Petrie's suggestion and do as many evening broadcasts as possible.  I'll do my best to save the morning ones for Saturday and Sunday.

However, in order to pull this off fully, I now have to change the start date to October 31st and begin it at 8pm Pacific.  It's the best shot I've got to make the suggestion work.

Oh, and finally...

THE SITE IS RELAUNCHED!

It's not quite ready yet. (Still need to fix up a few of the Episode Pages.) However, the one page I've mainly set up is ready.  So, check it out!

http://thelandbeforetimewd.com/index.php

You'll also notice a change in the Home Page.  I was going to go for a picture, but I suck at Photoshop. :P:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, tonight's the night!  I begin the marathon in 13 hours and 45 minutes.

Any last minute tips you guys want to give me before we start this?  It is my first LIVE Stream Marathon and I want this to go with as few problems as possible.

So, anything you guys can give me?  Anything at all?

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, my big brother is a pastor, so he could bless the marathon if you want. :p
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, the first broadcast had quite a few problems!  Me, Vonboy and truelyfantasticme could tell you guys all about it!  I STILL don't know where the feedback problem came from. :(

Yet, I solved it by the half-way point of the first movie and I think the rest should go okay.

Next one at November 1st, 7AM Pacific!  Will broadcast all day until 10 PM Pacific.

That should get plenty out of the way!

See ya then! :)

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Although it would be great to finally see the LBT movies I have still yet to see (9, 10, 12, 13), I'm afraid this won't work for me. I've got things to do this week in college, and I prefer to set up my own time to watch something. Besides, it's really inconvenient when I don't even know which movie will be on at what time on this live show. :neutral

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, scratch the whole "viewer's choice" plan, as there wasn't really more than 1 to 3 others watching them. (Then again, that was more due to bad planning than anything else.) As a result, I've been doing them in order.

EDIT: However, I feel that, in a few months from now, I'll do this again. (Better planned, of course.) I'll need to lay low for a bit after this is over, though.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I did a lot today, and, as a result of it, I'm doing 12 and 13 tomorrow.

http://thelandbeforetimewd.com/The-Land-Before-Time-LIVE.php

It's at 8pm Pacific.  See ya then!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
IMPORTANT MESSAGE!!! PLEASE READ!!

Hello everyone!  Listen, something important has come up and due to that, I have to cancel tonight's airing.  It'll have to wait until tomorrow. (If you must know why, simply, there's a new member of the family being born.)

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause anyone, but it is simply unavoidable.

The broadcast will continue tomorrow evening.

Until then, see ya!