The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Does Cera seem...angrier after LBT 4?

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I think post LBT V, the directors sought to reintegrate Cera LBTI personality where she is moody and mean or headstrong and hot tempered. The problem that occurs is when a character like Cera has been softened, returning her to her ire filled moods can be jarring. It can also be tempting for a director to be overzealous and when restoring personality traits, make them too polarizing.   

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
I noticed Cera's personality worsening, too. Cera knew how to be happy at times in the earlier sequels, but she regrettably lost that ability later on. x(cera She used to be more cheeky as opposed to the downright grouchy attitude she has now.

"I don't see anything!"--Cera

"Maybe your eyes are getting in the way."--Rainbow Face

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I noticed Cera's personality worsening, too. Cera knew how to be happy at times in the earlier sequels, but she regrettably lost that ability later on. x(cera She used to be more cheeky as opposed to the downright grouchy attitude she has now.

She seems to be in perpetual grouch auto pilot in later sequels. I wish they would explore more of the complexities of Cera’s personality, but instead she like Spike seem stuck in a generic autopilot. 

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

She seems to be in perpetual grouch auto pilot in later sequels. I wish they would explore more of the complexities of Cera’s personality, but instead she like Spike seem stuck in a generic autopilot. 
Agreed, I would like to see another side of Cera. :cerahappy It would be interesting to see her get her own movie of sorts, like Ducky and Spike did with LBT VIII and Petrie did with LBT XII.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

Agreed, I would like to see another side of Cera. :cerahappy It would be interesting to see her get her own movie of sorts, like Ducky and Spike did with LBT VIII and Petrie did with LBT XII.

Like maybe a threehorn rite of passage, a competiition where threehorns teat their headbutt prowess to see if they are worthy of being called threehorn.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Like maybe a threehorn rite of passage, a competiition where threehorns teat their headbutt prowess to see if they are worthy of being called threehorn.
I would be all for that. :duckyhappy A story like that would provide a great outlet to delve into Cera's vulnerabilities.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
@RainbowFaceProtege I would like to see Cera grapple with her purpose. Littlefoot is proverbial leader and Cera is second in command of the Gang. I woukd like to see a role reversal where Cera has to lead and Littlefoot cannot.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
@RainbowFaceProtege I would like to see Cera grapple with her purpose. Littlefoot is proverbial leader and Cera is second in command of the Gang. I woukd like to see a role reversal where Cera has to lead and Littlefoot cannot.

Yeah, and I want see that end in a way other than "Cera gets the rest of the Gang lost until Littlefoot finally shows up again" like they rehashed in LBT XIV. :p

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

Yeah, and I want see that end in a way other than "Cera gets the rest of the Gang lost until Littlefoot finally shows up again" like they rehashed in LBT XIV. :p

I concur. I would like Cera in her leadership to inspire confidence in the rest of Gang, perhaps she teachs Petrie, Ducky, and Spike how to be tough, but not in overly domineering way. Littlefoot is more content to let things be as they are, but Cera pushes, she’s catalyst.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I think ideally, they should've found a more comfortable balance between how she was in LBT 2-4 versus how she was in the later sequels.

Actually, scratch that. I wish they'd just kept her personality from LBT 2-4 intact for the rest of the series. It was a nice balance. She still had that spunky and fiery edge to her, but it was much more subdued, and she had a genuinely sweet side as well which was charming to see. It made it all the more rewarding to see how her character development from the first movie had changed her for the better.

Thus, I completely agree with this.

I especially agree that it would've been cool to see Cera get her own movie. Shame that never happened.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I think ideally, they should've found a more comfortable balance between how she was in LBT 2-4 versus how she was in the later sequels.

Actually, scratch that. I wish they'd just kept her personality from LBT 2-4 intact for the rest of the series. It was a nice balance. She still had that spunky and fiery edge to her, but it was much more subdued, and she had a genuinely sweet side as well which was charming to see. It made it all the more rewarding to see how her character development from the first movie had changed her for the better.

Thus, I completely agree with this.

I especially agree that it would've been cool to see Cera get her own movie. Shame that never happened.

I have to say the LBT TV Series did give us an ample amount of Cera. But I agree her own spin off film would have a riot! :lol