The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Marathon

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
  • AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB
    • View Profile
So...after someone on discord mentioned doing a Land Before Time movie marathon...I decided to do one too. Or at least try  :lol

Who all has tried?
How many movies did you make it through?
What did you think of attempting to marathon the LBT movies?
How did you feel after the attempt?
Has anyone attempted to marathon the TV series?
If so, how many episodes did you last through?

I’m currently (as of this post) approximately 10 minutes into LBT VI: The Secret of Saurus Rock. However, it’s almost midnight...so I don’t know how many more movies I’ll make it through  :lol
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

Major kudos to anyone who figures out what that means :)

I will find ways to make sure “lol dino” is in all of my posts :lol

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
In my current situation, I would most likely never be able to watch all of the movies in a LBT marathon just due to the sheer fact that I get so much homework everyday and I rarely get a break. Oh, and read my signature. :P

Come on, UnionRags123! Utilize your inner midnight brain power and watch all the movies! :lol

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Depends. Does it count as a Marathon when I have to take work/sleep-breaks? (curse lively needs like money and sleep XD)

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sleeping-force&#039;s-inside on October 19, 2019, 01:46:21 AM
Quote from: Sleeping-force's-inside on October 19, 2019, 01:46:21 AM
Depends. Does it count as a Marathon when I have to take work/sleep-breaks? (curse lively needs like money and sleep XD)

I mean...I’d count it as a marathon even if you take sleep/work breaks...but depending on how many breaks and for how long...
Like if it takes a week to watch all the movies I would be less likely to count it as a marathon than if it took 3 days...

I’m currently just over 1/3 of the way through VII  :lol (it’s 1:50 am for me at the time of this post)
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I made it 22 minutes into IX before I got too tired to keep going :lol

It’s 4:32 am in my time zone :opetrie
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile
I kinda did one over a period of a couple of days. I made through the end of VIII before I partially lost hearing in my right ear due to wearing headphones all day long, so I resumed a few days later once my hearing was back to normal and made it all the way to the end of XIV.

I'm not sure if I'd be able to watch all 14 movies in one sitting, though ...
Suddenly, I've written so many fanfics that I can't possibly list them all! :P

Ducky x Petrie forever! :)petrie :duckyhappy

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
As a couple of the others have said above, I guess it depends on how you'd define a marathon. I typically won't watch more than two movies a day, and even that is quite rare for me. Or else if I'm watching a TV series, I usually don't do more than two-to-four episodes a day. There have been times when I've watched, say, all the Harry Potter or Hobbit movies in short succession, but it's usually no more than one film a day or every other day.

When I was watching all the LBT films for the first time as an adult, I just did an average of one film every few or several days. Watching a whole bunch of them in a single day does sound kinda fun, but I think I'd also find it exhausting.

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
YAY FINALLY FINISHED!!!

As for why I thought this was a good idea...I have no idea   :lol

Anyways...I’ve finished my LBT movie marathon...took roughly 26 hours from the start of the original to the end of XIV

Now I feel really weird  :lol
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Congratulations! :celebrate

YAY FINALLY FINISHED!!!

As for why I thought this was a good idea...I have no idea   :lol

I bet it was one of your Midnight Ideas. :p

You feel really weird because your eyes are starting to readjust to your surroundings after staring at a bright screen for 26 hours emitting blue ultraviolet light. It really does a number on ya, does it?

LBT TV series marathon next? With 26 episodes and 23 minutes per episode, it should only take...598 minutes, or roughly ~10 hours of watching. No biggie, right? :lol

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
It was actually a 5 pm idea  :lol

It wasn’t 26 hours of movie watching - the total movie watch time was about 17 1/2 hours I think (I didn’t watch the end credits)

And over winter break I’m planning on marathoning the movies again - but all in a row instead of 8 movies—>sleep—>2 movies—>Cards Against Humanity—>4 movies

Winter Break Movie Marathon will be followed by a LBT TV series marathon...perhaps the next day? :lol
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It was actually a 5 pm idea  :lol

It wasn’t 26 hours of movie watching - the total movie watch time was about 17 1/2 hours I think (I didn’t watch the end credits)

And over winter break I’m planning on marathoning the movies again - but all in a row instead of 8 movies—>sleep—>2 movies—>Cards Against Humanity—>4 movies

Winter Break Movie Marathon will be followed by a LBT TV series marathon...perhaps the next day? :lol

@UnionRags123: Successfully completed your Winter Marathon yet? :p

I actually completely forgot about this thread, I just happen to encounter it again by chance.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I kinda did one over a period of a couple of days. I made through the end of VIII before I partially lost hearing in my right ear due to wearing headphones all day long, so I resumed a few days later once my hearing was back to normal and made it all the way to the end of XIV.

This is devotion! How many can say “I suffered hearing loss for TLBT marathon.” You deserve an award and recognition. :)

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

This is devotion! How many can say “I suffered hearing loss for TLBT marathon.” You deserve an award and recognition. :)

Unhealthy devotion (surprising coming from me) if you physically detriment your health for mental pleasure.

But other than that, I agree with the other things 110%. :Mo

@UnionRags123: Sorry to ask again, but have you successfully completed your winter marathon yet? :p

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

Unhealthy devotion (surprising coming from me) if you physically detriment your health for mental pleasure.

@UnionRags123: Sorry to ask again, but have you successfully completed your winter marathon yet? :p

But the chance to recieve Deafasaurus Badge for temporary hearing loss in the line of watching LBT marathon duty. :D

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

But the chance to recieve Deafasaurus Badge for temporary hearing loss in the line of watching LBT marathon duty. :D

Real devotion comes from watching this entire video though. :p

Seems that I’m not devoted enough, as I haven’t attempted the challenge yet. :P

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

Real devotion comes from watching this entire video though. :p

Seems that I’m not devoted enough, as I haven’t attempted the challenge yet. :P

Such challeneges require A precious commodity.. time and a virtue, patience. :)

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^Unfortunately, Time is something that I waste on a daily basis, and patience I have none of. So this level of dedication is something I’m not up to the task for.

Oh wait a minute... :P

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
^Unfortunately, Time is something that I waste on a daily basis, and patience I have none of. So this level of dedication is something I’m not up to the task for.

So if I watch 14 fillms in one setting do I get a banner or badge? And how do I prove I watched all fourteen in a row? :D

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

So if I watch 14 fillms in one setting do I get a banner or badge? And how do I prove I watched all fourteen in a row? :D

Um...you get an LBT alcoholic badge? :P

Livestream it I suppose, that is if you really want authentic confirmation, because I’m pretty sure most, if not all would just take your word for it. :p

And hey, I thought Power Rangers is your biggest devotion now. :PCera

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

Um...you get an LBT alcoholic badge? :P

Livestream it I suppose, that is if you really want authentic confirmation, because I’m pretty sure most, if not all would just take your word for it. :p

And hey, I thought Power Rangers is your biggest devotion now. :PCera

I shall accomplish Challenge Watch All 14 TLBT films when I have access to agll fpyrteen films. :)

Yes, at the moment my devotion is to The Power Rangers. :D