The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Lets Start that Disney Trivia game... :-)

Petrie. · 185 · 28913

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
yes, you are correct. the third one was better than the second, although the rule "the original is ususally the best" applies here. Your turn TFS.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Which Disney amusment park ride isn't based off any Disney movie or cartoon, nor even originally created by the Disney compnay at all? It was made for a different amusement park, but when someone on the ride was killed, it was taken out and remodeled by the Disney company and used by them where it is very much enjoyed to this day. Honestly, I know I'm getting extremely ridiculous now, but I promise to tone my next question down considerably. I have just been very curious if anybody here has heard this as well. Later!

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Is it Splash Mountain?  Thats probably not it.. I think that ride is based on "song of the South".
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Great guess! How should I put this. Well, you didn't quite have the right answer to the question, but the fact you gave at the end was indeed correct. The Disney ride "Splash Mountain" is indeed based off Disney's first live action film called "Song of the South," although the whole movie was not released in the U.S.A. because the Disney company decided that it could be considered racist. Although the movie did have live characters, it had animated ones as well, the characters Br'er Fox and Br'er Rabbit, as were also the theme characters to see during the "Splash Mountain" ride. "Br'er" is actually a real abbreviation for "brother." It makes it easier than saying things like Brother Fox, although my old studies say that this shortened expression has a prior-to-a-name usage only, meaning that the word is grammarically incorrect standing in a sentence otherwise. You couldn't say, "Hey mother, I'm going to check on my little br'er," and be considered using it the right way too. The smaller version of this word may be limited in options for placement and is used very rarely these days, but that makes it all the more interesting to hear or read it, no? I'm sorry, it's just that when I was a teenager, I wanted to be an English teacher very badly before I wanted to become a writer, and I guess my old spark hasn't been completely exstinguished yet.

As for more hints, the ride is only in Disney World, and has never been in Disney Land. An attendant was crushed during the ride as it was moving when it was in the non Disney amusement park, which is why it was stopped being used there and Disney got it for their use and changed it quite a bit. The ride offers more knowledge of American history than actual "thrills" like "Star Trek" "Thunder and Space Mountain" or any other fast ride. This narrows it down, but since this fact is so trivial and thus very unknown, I may have to say more, but I won't mind at all if I have to. Later!

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've been to  Disney World Twice although I haven't gone on all the rides. Is this ride still there today?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes, the ride is still there, as I just went on it last year when I went to Florida. To be more specific on its theme, the ride teaches about America's history of progress, which is what they based the title on. It starts off showing the audience about some very early inventions, then the ride moves and you see how mankind's porgress improved them, and so on until the last part shows what Disney thought the future might hold. This is actually my favorite Disney ride, even though it wasn't always Disney's. That should have narrowed it done more. I hope this helps. Later!

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
is it the World of Tommorow? It might been an attraction at a World's Fair at some point..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
is it the World of Tommorow? It might been an attraction at a World's Fair at some point..
Is it the Carousel of Progress?
Ah, now this is quite a predicament. Each of you answered correctly from a certain point of view, and considering the timing issue as well, I don't know how to go about this. Each of you have an advantage and disadvantage at the same time, so I don't know who should go next. Let me explain.

Nick22: The World of Tomorrow is the attraction of Disney World where the ride is at. Although this answer is correct, it's just slightly general. On the other hand, he did go first.

Stitch: Gave the specific answer I wanted, but went second.

I don't have the best judgement with these things. Maybe a paper rock scissors feature should be an option in these types of threads in case of such an occasion. Ah well, I'll just see what comes of this, considering an administrator is one of the ones involved here. Of course, I do aplogize for being late here, but I haven't been able to enjoy this forum as much as wanted ever since I got 242 viruses on my computer a few days ago. Yeah, I paid to have them removed, but that doesn't fix the massive damage they left behind. Ah well.

And by the way, the World's Fair sounds right as for where the Carousel of Progress originated from, but I can't remember that part for sure. I just know I have heard of the World's Fair at some point. I'll wait to see what happens here. Later!

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Stitch was closer, so he can go. We both had the right idea, but he was more specific..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks.

What is the name of the land that was supposed to be in "nahtazhu", but got dropped?

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The Animal Kingdom was going to have the slogan "nahtazhu." As for why it was dropped, that part is unknown to me. That word is like a zoo, or menagerie, right? Someone thought it would be being redundant to say Animal Kingdom then a reference to a place where animals reside, but that was his opinion, and he had no evidence to support it, so I can only guess as to the reason for the drop. Later!

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Close.  You got the park, but I'm going for something that was supposed to be in the park when it opened.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
wAs it a section of the Park that was supposed to be named that?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It seems I managed to stump everyone, so here's the answer:

The land was supposed to be called Beastly Kingdomme.  It was taken out at the last moment, and replaced with Camp Minnie-Mickey.

Hopefully this question will be easier:

What is Eeyore stuffed with?

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That's it.

The source was the original cartoons.

Your turn.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
What Disney animated feature used sound clips of another film to place a voice of a well-known actor who died nearly 20 years before this movie was made?