The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Loss of a loved one...

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Mar 31 2009 on  04:18 PM
It is hardest on those left behind.  Often one can find help in making it through the hardest times being with or talking to close family members and or close friends.
Yeah, and that's what we're gonna do...

Hmm, this April Fool's joke (the changing of the board's appearance) is unconvincing, on a side note. :p Of course, that's probably because I know the pattern, and have long since grown out of the whole April Fool's thing. :p

EDIT: Wait, WTH? :blink: I just saw something weird... :p Nevermind, I'm staying off GOF tomorrow! :p
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Wow...that's a big loss. My condolences and sympathy. My great-grandfather (who I saw maybe ten times in my life) died recently as well, so I have an idea of how you feel. He seemed like a really interesting guy too...with a name like Johnny Angel he'd have to be.

Sorry, I'm getting off topic. Once again, my condolences.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: jedi472,Mar 31 2009 on  05:39 PM
Wow...that's a big loss. My condolences and sympathy. My great-grandfather (who I saw maybe ten times in my life) died recently as well, so I have an idea of how you feel. He seemed like a really interesting guy too...with a name like Johnny Angel he'd have to be.

Sorry, I'm getting off topic. Once again, my condolences.
That's okay. I got off topic a little too... :p

Thanks. It's not easy, but I'm hanging in there. :)
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I am so sorry for your loss. I know exactly how it feels to lose someone close to you, especially a grandparent. Time heals all wounds, so take your time :(

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
i'm so sorry for you that you just lost your grandpa............i know how it feels to lose someone... :cry  :cry2  :cry
facebook.com/venomwargreymon

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
As close as you guys were I feel sorry for you.  Buts shes alive somewhere in the after life.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks guys... Oh, and NeoGenesis005, it was my grandfather, not my grandmother. Just clearing that up. :p

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm terribly sorry to hear of your loss, NeptuneNavigator2001 :cry.  It really does hurt when a loved one passes on.  My last living grandparent passed a month after I turned seventeen.  He had been diagnosed with lung cancer two years before, and I took care of him during the last year of his life.  The chemo had done a number on him and he could not care for himself.  It was hard to see him go like that.  I was even with him when he passed.  He was not he first loved one I had ever seen die in front of me, and such a sight has never frightened me, but it was still sad.  Perhaps the most touching memory I have of him took place just before the diagnosis, when he asked me to ride with him in a WWII aircraft similar to the one he had been in during the war.  I had never seen him any happier, and I don't regret going with him whatsoever.  The point I'm trying to make is to look back on the good times ya had with him.  Nobody and nothing can take those memories away, and that is how our deceased loved ones live in us.  It seems like you're feeling a lot of regret right now regarding the few visits ya had with him.  I'm certain he's up there right now wishing you'd not have any regrets.  He most likely knew he was loved, and it's better having been loved than never loved at all.  Well, just know we're here for ya anytime ;).  Take care of yourself now.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Apr 1 2009 on  09:41 PM
I'm terribly sorry to hear of your loss, NeptuneNavigator2001 :cry.  It really does hurt when a loved one passes on.  My last living grandparent passed a month after I turned seventeen.  He had been diagnosed with lung cancer two years before, and I took care of him during the last year of his life.  The chemo had done a number on him and he could not care for himself.  It was hard to see him go like that.  I was even with him when he passed.  He was not he first loved one I had ever seen die in front of me, and such a sight has never frightened me, but it was still sad.  Perhaps the most touching memory I have of him took place just before the diagnosis, when he asked me to ride with him in a WWII aircraft similar to the one he had been in during the war.  I had never seen him any happier, and I don't regret going with him whatsoever.  The point I'm trying to make is to look back on the good times ya had with him.  Nobody and nothing can take those memories away, and that is how our deceased loved ones live in us.  It seems like you're feeling a lot of regret right now regarding the few visits ya had with him.  I'm certain he's up there right now wishing you'd not have any regrets.  He most likely knew he was loved, and it's better having been loved than never loved at all.  Well, just know we're here for ya anytime ;).  Take care of yourself now.
Well, Cancerian Tiger, it's my caring side. My problem is, I think I care too much, if there is such a thing, though, I don't personally believe such a thing can ever be true. Looking at the opposite end of the spectrum of caring, there are those who would kill another person without a second thought. So, I don't believe one can care enough about/for another one. I commend you however, for caring for your grandpa, as, despite my caring side, I lack the patience, endurance, and self-assuredness to care for an ailing person. *remembers the last day of living with his mom >.<* Yet, my emotional sympathy and love towards people is pure devotion. And yeah, I do have regrets. I just wish I could say I did some things with him, but it's so little. However, you are right about the love. I appreciate the support. :)

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey all; thought I'd update this thread instead of making a new one.. :p

We just had grandpa's memorial this weekend. :) It turned out exceptionally well; I believe, just how he would have wanted it... :) Turns out he was quite the jokester as well, apparently. :p LOL. :D I heard several stories about him as well.... ....Later on, my aunt and uncle, cousin, and I, stopped by his house... It was different to see the house so bare from what I'd remembered of my last visit a few years ago. Saw the kitchen and I almost cried; that was the only thing I'd remembered well enough from my last visit that still looked familiar enough..... I took a picture of it with my cell phone. :) ....Seems I was very blessed to go there though, as we stumbled upon his old record collection. :) We took them with us, and after our move next month, my aunt and I will go through and divide it between ourselves. :)

We're going to spread his ashes in the summer. It was a place he loved. I don't know the name of it, but it's an all-day hike. :p Oh boy. :p I'll go then, as I went now; to honor his memory (regardless of my cold, or my wisdom tooth which is acting up; well, I'll have it out by then :D). ...I just thought I'd better write something better here, seeing as the memorial was such a success... :)

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I'm glad to hear the service went well.  Maybe this will provide closure, if y'all haven't had closure yet.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,May 18 2009 on  09:59 AM
Well, I'm glad to hear the service went well.  Maybe this will provide closure, if y'all haven't had closure yet.
I'm certain it will. :) In time... :) Thank you. :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That's very nice. I remember from my grandpa's funeral that it was very special to see. My english is not advanced enough to talk about death yet, but I know you'll understand. I hope that the day in the summer will be a nice sunny one so that you all won't have to walk in the rain. :)

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,May 18 2009 on  10:23 AM
That's very nice. I remember from my grandpa's funeral that it was very special to see. My english is not advanced enough to talk about death yet, but I know you'll understand. I hope that the day in the summer will be a nice sunny one so that you all won't have to walk in the rain. :)
Thoughtful of you to say that, Mumbling. :) Yeah, it was special. :) I'll be sure to get a few pics of that day... The place, at least. :)