The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

New Gaming Store Site

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I would just like you all to know that I have created a new on-line business with the help of Weebly, Google AdSense and Clickbank.

Here is the site if you are interested:

http://allvideogames.weebly.com/

As you might have guessed by the name, it's all about Video Games.  I love playing Video Games, so why not make a business out of products related to that.  This also holds Computer products that are needed to play video games on there. (RAM, Hard Drives, Monitors and more.)

Now, understand that the products constantly change.  As such, there is a wide range of products to choose from.

Already I am getting visitors, but I would always like more.

So if you feel the need to check it out, please do so.

Also, please give me information on how I can improve it.  Understand that I am busy building a custom one, but it'll take time to build.  This is to help me get started.

Thank you and I hope you enjoy it there.

See ya later!

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Sorry, but I don't trust sites that promote products like that.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,May 20 2009 on  09:30 AM
Sorry, but I don't trust sites that promote products like that.
Unfortunately, that is the world of internet business, promoting products.  However, I can understand.  There are plenty of scams out there.  However, one thing Clickbank assures it's advertisers and customers is that the products are 100% real.  So you'll get the product if you choose to buy it.  Even better is that scams are reported when a product is believed to be fake.  Really, you've got nothing to lose at this, except maybe a few bucks if you buy something. :P:

The biggest thing is that I only get paid from Clickbank when someone buys something from my website.  The way it works is that they click on the product they are interested in.  They can then choose to buy it if they wish.  Nothing really forces them.

If they buy it, the information gets traced back to me as the advertiser, since I was the one who led the customer there.  I am then given a certain amount of the product's retail price, from their original manufacturer, as payment, up to 75%.

After a certain amount of time, (By the 15th or end of the month most likely.) I am then written a check for all of the money that I received from the products I advertised.  The check is then sent in the mail, and when I receive it, I can do what I wish with it.

As you can see, it's perfectly legal.  You as the customer gets the products you want and I get paid.  Win, win.

No guarantee it'll work, but it's something. :)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
It's just the way they promote it that makes me suspicious. I've learned to stay away from sites like that, because they don't appear legit.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,May 20 2009 on  10:52 AM
It's just the way they promote it that makes me suspicious. I've learned to stay away from sites like that, because they don't appear legit.
I understand.  It looks illegal, but I assure you, it's perfectly legal.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
So you're basically an advertiser for products sold on other websites by companies.  They're using you as a salesman to get people to buy the product you peddle on your main page.  I don't know what kind of $$ figures you're talking here, but as I do agree with Kacie, I can't see any huge profit in this because people do avoid sites that look like ads.  Its worth a shot I guess.  Hope it works out. :)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Sorry but if you have ads that pop on a website that doesn't, it will never work.  Besides that you haven't even tried getting rankings in google yet.  It's a shark den out there and almost impossible to stay on top.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I understand that it may not work.  Also, I am very new to all this, so forgive me for making some mistakes here.

Besides, if there's one thing I never have to worry about, it's not paying for any of this.  Weebly, Adsense and Clickbank are all free on this whole thing.  So I can afford to make mistakes.

Also, if things don't work out, I can drop it all easily and never have to worry about anything.  I can just believe that it never happened.

So, despite being new to it all, even if I don't succeed in the end, I don't need to worry.

I know, sounds too good to be true, but it's real.

If it doesn't work, I've still got my job as a Sales Associate at Wal*Mart.  I'm keeping it, just in case.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
You wanna succeed on the web?  Then you've gotta pay.  BIG.  Either by putting a lot of time into the project, paying a lot of money, or both.  I've put nothing but time into my LBT website.  That's why it's not at the top.  I haven't spent a cent on it.  But I've brought other websites to the top before.  I did one for less than $100.  Unfortunately you have to constantly be working to stay on top and the business I did the website for didn't do that so now it's waaaaaaaaaaay down there. :rolleyes:

And yes if you're wondering from my previous paragraph....I did used to do web design and google placement for various businesses.  I've brought several businesses up to the top of google.  Unfortunately they don't do the necessary work to STAY on top and they refused to pay me so they're all way down there now.  Idiots. :bang

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I've been busy for the last couple of hours and have made a complete overhaul of the site.

It has yet to be completed, but here are the changes I've made.

1: The store still exists, but it has become a secondary thing rather than a main thing.  It is still meant to make me some cash, and will contain a variety of items, rather than focusing on just one main thing.

2: Design has been changed to something more plain and my own picture of the Site Logo has been added onto the main page.

3: New Links have been added.  Now people will be able to play games and watch videos made from gamers.  Games will include "I Wanna be the Guy", "The Impossible Quiz" and others.  Along with shows, they will include "Angry Video Game Nerd", "Game Overthinker", "Zero Puncuation" and more.

The changes is more of a plan deal right now, but you get the idea.

I shall think of more to add for people to enjoy.

As you can see, it's no longer just a store site.  It's more than that. :)