The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Mine FanArt

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Oy, not another double post! Derp...

Just a crack-shot at the Gang and Guido, as well as my OC Taylen in my fic Earning Restitution (see my sig)
I gotta say, I like how this came out, even if some of the poses aren't three-dimensional in the slightest; Guido was fun to portray, and so was Petrie :smile
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This is beautiful! And just look at those expressions...

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
:wow  :wow  :wow  :wow  :wow  :wow  :wow  :wow  :wow  :wow  :wow  

This is great!!

Spike somehow looks like he's flirting with someone  :blink:  :lol

Littlefoot is a bit too big, imo, but he just looks great!

Petrie's great, too!

Ah, Taylen :)

Ducky seems to have a beer belly   :lol  but she's drawn in a cute pose ;)

Guido looks funny  :DD like his pose :)

Cera's great, too

I especially like that you draw them very detailled :yes

Well done! I want to see MORE!!!  :exactly
Inactive, probably forever.

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hee, thanks.
Yee-ahh, I know these aren't perfect - hence the hurried details, etc. :p - Ducky was the hardest for me, lol. Whoda thought her cute, leaping "Way ta go, Petrie" pose would be so challenging?
J. R. R. Tolkein

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Nicely done! The only thing I could remark about this is that Littlefoot's legs should most likely be a bit shorter... Love your art style!

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^ that's something I actually wanted to deliberately change. His legs bothered me in the movies, lol :DD
J. R. R. Tolkein

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I must cease with these double-postings :p
I must, yes yes yes

Anyway here is Razor, my Dilopho (Spitter Shartooth) Land Before Time OC
I am currently working on an update of Hadley as well, not to mention a few other characters ;)
Peace out, y'all!! :exactly
J. R. R. Tolkein

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

This is another OC, Keirra the Sailed Flyer (Tapejara)
My dinosona, ev'rybody :DD
Now, a bit about her:

Physical Appearance: Keirra's slim, but she is not skinny or thin; she is petite, and seems younger than her actual age (acts it, too sometimes)

Personality: Keirra is a scatterbrained, oblivious flyer in the 'I'd-forget-my-own-head-if-it-wasn't-attached-to-my-body' way. Chatty and spontaneous, she will drop everything at the first sign of random-ness that gets her attention. She is also well-spoken and patient, despite her sudden and spontaneous nature. Though not in any way malicious or violent, Keirra can get easily frustrated and ruffled.

Speech Pattern: Jovial, precocious alto which will rise to a soprano when she gets excited. Talks quickly, but surely. Giggles and laughs as a secondary form of communication.

Attributes: Keirra is an adaptable flyer; living most of her life on her own has prepared her in such a way. She is also quite smart, even if she doesn't always show it. She's also a daring, but capable, flyer.
J. R. R. Tolkein

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
Yanno, Littlefoot looks older in the gang picture. That's not a criticism, but an observation. Looks nice though.  :)

I like the way you've draw Razor's hands and feet. They seem three dimensional. And I love the pose on your dinosona! So adorable!  :lol: (Ha, it's funny everyone has all these OCs, and I only have my dinosona.  :oops )

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yanno, Littlefoot looks older in the gang picture. That's not a criticism, but an observation. Looks nice though.  :)

It's funny, I got annoyed at how he was protrayed, like he was a Peter Pan in the series - never frikkin' grew up - so that was intentional, lol

I like the way you've draw Razor's hands and feet. They seem three dimensional. And I love the pose on your dinosona! So adorable!  :lol: (Ha, it's funny everyone has all these OCs, and I only have my dinosona.  :oops )

Thanks and thanks :DD
Aw, nothing to be ashamed of; different strokes for different folks. I sometimes think it's better to have minimal characters because they end up betting the most developed and fleshed out - whereas I just slap a charry down and I feel they never really get that one-on-one.
Attention seekers.... :p
J. R. R. Tolkein

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
After a period of procrastinating, giving in, and then holding back, before finally putting pencil against paper, I have returned with more art :)

Pterano (the user) requested I draw two pics for his birthday tomorrow (Happy Birthday, btw), and I have to say a big thank you to him, otherwise, I dunno when I'd have gotten the motivation up to start posting again.
Plus, his OC is really, really cool

Norton, y'all!! Taking after Dad-Pterano (the flyer) here :3

Pterano and Norton sharing a close embrace. This looks a little funky because I wanted to experiment with more plain, uniform colors and just white highlights for a more 3D effect. Lemme know if I succeeded... or failed :p

Enjoy! Ahh, good to be back!
J. R. R. Tolkein

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
Ohh, awesome use of color on that second pic!  :wow The colors remind me of Conte crayons. I would definitely call it a success!

I guess I have a little nitpick (no, really Ren? :rolleyes: ); I think maybe Pterano's head should be colored too, at least his neck and lower jaw. But that's just a nitpick. I'm sure Pterano (the user) will love them!

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh I certainly do love them! THANK YOU so much for this! *bows appreciatively* You're so good at capturing emotions in pictures! I just love your style! It's all in the facial expressions and poses!

Another great job! And glad I motivated you! ^^ :DD

Thanks once again for this! They're great! :DD

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
@Ren: I was thinking something along those lines, too as I finished it.

@Pterano: I'm glad you like them, they were a lot of fun^^
Heh, glad you think so. Norton's pose was my favorite of the two, I think - he's taking after his father, lol
Hey, Happy Birthday!!
J. R. R. Tolkein

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
:yes :D I like them too! :D :yes My favorite one is the first one, (Norton's pose.) What a powerful, bold one, too! *He poses just like how Pterano poses*  Well, like father like son! ^_^ ) :D Great job on the color/shading and the muscle tone in his arms. Wow! :D

As for the Pterano-Norton hug picture. What a nice father-son moment you drew there. You captured Pterano's expression perfect. Narrowed eyes and a small, loving smile. :yes  

What more can I say?  They're both awesome drawings, Struteggstealer. :yes You've got skill, and i'm very impressed.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Awesome job drawing Pterano You did a amazing job with the design of the drawing.

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
More OC art I says!
Here's my Two Crest character Desmond. Formerly Byron the Two Crest, but that name conflicted with another friend's character.
Long live the Scottish accented saurians! :DD

J. R. R. Tolkein

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

An update of my OC Hadley... I like how he came out this time. Looks a lot more accurate, at least by LBT standards, lol

A/N: Anyone thinking of requests? I've been thinking I could do more of them. Soooo... any takers?
J. R. R. Tolkein

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

For Dosu, his character Seizon. Ill also post this in the Fanart for VV section as well :)

This was a lot of fun, experimenting more with colors and gradients (torturing myself is more likely. DRRRGH! Why are sunset scenes so hard?! :o) Well, hope this is viewed as a success :wave
J. R. R. Tolkein

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey, you really found your own style I think :lol

Keep it up, Strut :)
Inactive, probably forever.